resort recommendation on koh chang

davidst01

Have look at Seaview Resort, that's were I normally stay on KC, but it must be a year or two since was last there

http://www.seaviewkohchang.com

its not a new resort been there for years, but I like it

Seaview it is where we always stay too and have never had a bad experience there, we have even taken my parents and my brother and his family when they visited and they where blown away by it, well worth the cost

That looks very nice.

( I haven't been to Koh Chang for 20 years. The road around the island wasn't completed at that point.

Stayed in a small hut on White Sand Beach for 60 baht a night - sea was about 20 meters away.)

That looks very nice.

( I haven't been to Koh Chang for 20 years. The road around the island wasn't completed at that point.

Stayed in a small hut on White Sand Beach for 60 baht a night - sea was about 20 meters away.)

Last time I visited in October last year a local was telling me that the road right around the island is now about 95% complete. But they won't finish it because the business community are worried that too many people will simply drive around the island and then leave? So they want to make it as inconvenient as possible to encourage longer stays.

It would have been nice to not have built the road in the first place.

When I last visited only the stretch of road along the front of White Sand Beach had been surfaced, upon leaving the beach heading South East up the hill the road was a dirt track there on.

I remember seeing Dolphins when on a boat trip at Koh Chang - are they still there?

That looks very nice.

Last time I visited in October last year a local was telling me that the road right around the island is now about 95% complete. But they won't finish it because the business community are worried that too many people will simply drive around the island and then leave? So they want to make it as inconvenient as possible to encourage longer stays.

Surely, people don't exactly come to Chang for day trips.

Being able to drive around the island just means easier for people to get around. You can be all the way over here and get to there without going all the way back. That's got to benefit the people over there

• 4 weeks later...

AWA, the latest kid on the block gets good reviews but doesn;t have a beach! The Chill, next door , built around four years ago is pretty stylish, and the White Knot, opened about three months ago has a small number of quality bungalows.and character. Gala Puri's new wing is definitely worth a look, opened a year or so ago, all these are in Kai Bae, in my opinion the nicest part of the island. You might also check out Flora Talay at Chai Chet, new and a good beach, and the Amari (now renamed the Emerald Cove, I think) at Klong Plau, that's about it, enjoy your stay, best, Richard.