toll free numbers

Anthony5

Do toll free numbers work in Thailand? I have to call a so called toll free number, but I always was of the impression that in Thailand you get charged anyway, and I don't want a surprise one a international call charge.

The number is 001-800 and is published on the website of Element14 Thailand.

Ok, found out by myself already by calling True Move.

This 3rd world country named Thailand "protects" it's customers by blocking calls to toll free numbers.

It of course can be activated if I send a copy of my passport, which they actually just got the other week when I signed up with them.

So I need to make a toll free call today, but will only be able to make the call in x days, after I send them the information again they have on their hands already.

Unbelievable hub of hypocrisy.

Ok, found out by myself already by calling True Move.

This 3rd world country named Thailand "protects" it's customers by blocking calls to toll free numbers.

It of course can be activated if I send a copy of my passport, which they actually just got the other week when I signed up with them.

So I need to make a toll free call today, but will only be able to make the call in x days, after I send them the information again they have on their hands already.

Unbelievable hub of hypocrisy.

To get around it use skype to call... it will cost a bit but less hassle. Or just do what some people do get a voip phone nr in your home country.

• Like 1

Use Skype, as previously said, no charge, it is free for free phone numbers.

Maybe I do something wrong, but using skype it rings twice then hangs up, and I have credit in my skype account.

From the Skype website

The following countries and number ranges are supported and are free of charge to all users. We're working on the rest of the world.

France: +33 800, +33 805, +33 809

Poland: +48 800

UK: +44 500, +44 800, +44 808

USA: +1 800, +1 866, +1 877, +1 888

Taiwan: +886 80

So in fact just another useless comment.,

Edited by Anthony5

Just use a calling card. Cheap as chips. I think I use to get like 6 hours for like 300 baht with dee dial.

Right, I have Skype, Line premium call and Localphone VOIP installed on my phone and all with credit, but none of them allows me to make a call. So now I'm gonna buy a calling card because I have for the first and probably last time in my life make a call to a toll free number.

Any other delighted ideas?

I've found that by searching the website of the company you're trying to contact you'll usually find somewhere a non-toll-free number. The only thing I've found that this doesn't work for is fax machines. Were you able to get through today?

I use Google Voice. Toll Free calling works fine for it.

Recently, Google/Hangouts must have made a configuration as now the number MUST be proceeded with a "+1" (Plus, One) symbols, even though for all they know I'm actually located in the US, in the same State as the number I am calling. Cause me a few days of confusion as my saved numbers (without the +1) that were working, stopped working. The line would ring, then stop, so I thought it was trying to work. Did some Google searches until I found a post saying I needed to include +1, now they work. Don't know why they don't just SAY that on their FAQ.

I've found that by searching the website of the company you're trying to contact you'll usually find somewhere a non-toll-free number. The only thing I've found that this doesn't work for is fax machines. Were you able to get through today?

Nope. They have 1 non toll free number, also in Singapore, but it is a fax.

After staying online with the live chat for almost an hour, I got to talk to someone. He said they don't have a number in Thailand, but he gave me an email address from a person in the Bangkok office..

I mailed that number and told him that I had sent an email to place an order with the sales department yesterday and didn't receive a reply.

He answered my email within 30 minutes and apologized for the inconvenience and blah blah blah and asked to repeat my order to him. That was at 2pm.

It's now 9pm and I haven't heard back from him or the sales department that my order is processed, so I really can't bother with them now or ever again.

The company is Element14 Thailand.

By the way, this is the second time that I try to place an order with them. The first time my goods were already delivered to my doorstep by RS Components before Element 14 even bothered to respond to my email.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe I do something wrong, but using skype it rings twice then hangs up, and I have credit in my skype account.

From the Skype website

The following countries and number ranges are supported and are free of charge to all users. We're working on the rest of the world.

The number you quoted in the first post appears to be a US toll free number number 001 800.

Your quote from Skype says calls to the US are free.

I have called US toll free numbers from Thailand using Skype for free.

Maybe Element 14 is a useless firm but that does not mean you can not call a US toll free number using Skype from Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

From the Skype website

The number you quoted in the first post appears to be a US toll free number number 001 800.

Your quote from Skype says calls to the US are free.

I have called US toll free numbers from Thailand using Skype for free.

Maybe Element 14 is a useless firm but that does not mean you can not call a US toll free number using Skype from Thailand.

Element14 is in my opinion indeed a useless company, see my previous post, but the number is a Singapore based toll free number 001-800-658137

Archive check here lists several complaints several years ago about dee dial but nothing recently.

Is there a calling card that can be used to make calls to the U.S. cheaply?

If so, where can they be bought?

I've given up on Skype, their accounting dept. is too incompetent to process credit card information.

Thanks in advance for any advice, information.

Archive check here lists several complaints several years ago about dee dial but nothing recently.

Is there a calling card that can be used to make calls to the U.S. cheaply?

If so, where can they be bought?

I've given up on Skype, their accounting dept. is too incompetent to process credit card information.

Thanks in advance for any advice, information.

Try Line Premium call, cheaper, better quality and uses much less data.