30 Day Entry Status

Any new info about the 30 day entry rules/status?
Same old rule as always. Officially available “for tourism purposes”. You are perhaps already aware that some people with many back-to-back visa-exempt stays in Thailand have been told at a border crossing to go to another border post next time.

---------------

Maestro

Any new info about the 30 day entry rules/status?
Same old rule as always. Officially available “for tourism purposes”. You are perhaps already aware that some people with many back-to-back visa-exempt stays in Thailand have been told at a border crossing to go to another border post next time.

---------------

Maestro

That frequently happens in Ranong. The Phuket Gazette usually report it.

I've red somewhere they'd cut down the number of nationalities that were covered by that 30-day visa exemption rule from something like 59 to 16 (not sure of the figures, but something like that) ... Guess that's not a problem for your undisclosed nationality?

I beleive that I read elsewhere on this forum that there is a new requirement that upon landing in Thailand, and prior to getting the 30 day visa, to have proof of a return airfare ticket leaving Thailand that would not put one over the 30 immedidate visa stay. Anyone have experience or a comment on this. I think this would have an effect on one's ability to stay long term with multiple visa runs.

DMC :o

Passport holders from 40 countries and Hong Kong SAR do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for 30 days.

They must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

Oh yes, and the immigration officer might ask for further documents that could proof the travellers intentions, e.g. show a ticket or flight reservation.