Settlement Visa help

Hi have just started the online part of the application with travel date for the UK at the end of July I am self-employed and need to wait for my books for last years financial year my question is can I pay for the application before the 6th of April or do I need to wait till I get all my paper work back regards Jim

You pay for the application when you submit the online form and book the appointment to hand in the supporting documents and have biometrics taken.

But be warned; if you do not have the mandatory paperwork to prove you meet the financial requirement by the day of the appointment and submit the application without it, the application will be refused and you will lose the fee.

I am not 100% sure, but understand it is only possible to book appointments up to two weeks ahead.

• Like 1

Yes the settlement visa is a lot of money so you would need to be very sure that you would have everything in terms of evidence by the appointment date. It would be safer to wait and take the hit on the fee increase but at least then you would know you had everything you needed.

• Like 1