Wanted: Ford Cortina Mk Iii

gondarman

I am looking for a Thai registered Ford Cortina MK III 1600 or 2000 no matter what condition as long as it comes with a legal registration. Am willing to pick up anywhere in Thailand. Was just too late on two advertised ones on thaisecondhand.com Has anyone got one on sale or knows how I can find one. I rarely see them advertised.

There was one for sale in a garage on the way back into pattaya from Bang saray, it was an orange one, I took notice of it as it was practicly rust free, I seem to remember another one in the same road as the blind begger jomptien, it was oridgenal green with the crome trim and there was other cars in the garage from that time zone, ( triumph spitfire ) comming up from the blind begger it was a dusty garage on the left just before sukhumvit road, can look if it's still there if you want.

There was one for sale in a garage on the way back into pattaya from Bang saray, it was an orange one, I took notice of it as it was practicly rust free, I seem to remember another one in the same road as the blind begger jomptien, it was oridgenal green with the crome trim and there was other cars in the garage from that time zone, ( triumph spitfire ) comming up from the blind begger it was a dusty garage on the left just before sukhumvit road, can look if it's still there if you want.

Thanks for research pop3

If it is not too much trouble for you please check it out for me. Would like to have an idea before I travel down from Surin. As initially I will be using the book and some of the parts (engine, subframes, suspension, drivetrain) I prefer a scrappy one at low price, but if the price is right I would go for a well kept piece too. On thaisecondhand and one2car the going rate is between THB 20,000 and 60,000

What are you building - Super 7 clone or something else?

Cortina MK-III has the same bits you are likely interested in right through the MK-V as well as the German Capri (non McPherson sttut models) and the Hyundai Stellar.

robert

I did see a cortina, a brown one, on the road to the airport going from Phuket town, close to the big tyre center Manit center max i phuket town, dont know if it was fore sale.

Boy this brings back memories; I had one of these dreadful beasts back in 79. At 70,000 miles the suspension collapsed, the wings and door panels rusted right through, and the engine gave up...it went to the scrap yard for 50 quid. Very surprised there’s any left

What are you building - Super 7 clone or something else?

Cortina MK-III has the same bits you are likely interested in right through the MK-V as well as the German Capri (non McPherson sttut models) and the Hyundai Stellar.

robert

I did see a cortina, a brown one, on the road to the airport going from Phuket town, close to the big tyre center Manit center max i phuket town, dont know if it was fore sale.

Just look at my avitar then you will see. JBA Falcon Roadster. Started thinking about Super 7 but changed my mind, because JBA more suitable for every day driving. Also like the Morgan 1930 design better than the 7. Prefer to get the MK III Cortina, because I have some ideas for the left over body after stripping the subframes etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a Thai registered Ford Cortina MK III 1600 or 2000 no matter what condition as long as it comes with a legal registration. Am willing to pick up anywhere in Thailand. Was just too late on two advertised ones on thaisecondhand.com Has anyone got one on sale or knows how I can find one. I rarely see them advertised.

just saw one at a tent house near minburi police station (black colour) this afternoon. another dark brown coloured parked near the road along suwinthawong road.

just saw one at a tent house near minburi police station (black colour) this afternoon. another dark brown coloured parked near the road along suwinthawong road.

Thanks blade63

Will put those on the list when I go to BKK next week will let you know about it, Good thing this forum. Gives me eyes all over LOS

Do you know the procedure when you rebody the Cortina, and recycle the registration book?

I have been told that an inspection is required by a Professional Engineer, then the body change is noted in the book, and excise tax is charged on the value added component. I too am embarking on a similar project and it includes an engine change, as well as substantial frame "repairs"

My concern is getting the registration book changed, and if I should do the body swap first then the engine change at a later date.

Any experience of first hand knowledge out there?

Thanks blade63

Will put those on the list when I go to BKK next week will let you know about it, Good thing this forum. Gives me eyes all over LOS

You can also check out secondhand car links in Thailand...you might get lucky

WWW.ROTBARN.COM

WWW.RODTHAI.COM

WWW.TALADROD.COM

WWW.THAIAUTOSALE.COM

WWW.SIAMCAR.COM

WWW.SECONDCARS.COM

WWW.CAR2SHOP.COM

WWW.THAIZOOM.COM

WWW.CAR-2-BUY.COM

WWW.CAR4THAI.COM

WWW.DCAR.CO.TH

WWW.MARKETCARS.COM

WWW.USEDCARTHAILAND.COM

WWW.RODDEE.COM

WWW.100HOMECAR.COM

WWW.ROTYONT.COM

WWW.SIAMMOTOR.COM

WWW.THAI2CAR.COM

WWW.THAIAUTOMART.COM

WWW.THAILANDCAR.COM

WWW.SANOOK.COM

WWW.PANTIP.COM

WWW.MOCYC.COM

Do you know the procedure when you rebody the Cortina, and recycle the registration book?

I have been told that an inspection is required by a Professional Engineer, then the body change is noted in the book, and excise tax is charged on the value added component. I too am embarking on a similar project and it includes an engine change, as well as substantial frame "repairs"

My concern is getting the registration book changed, and if I should do the body swap first then the engine change at a later date.

Any experience of first hand knowledge out there?

About the body change you are quite right. A "professional engeneers" signature is required, but in my case without any inspection. The engeneer will be appointed by the registration officer himself. He confirms, that he had the supervision over the rebuild and that it is technically approved.

Then the modification will be entered in the book. About the change of engine, I thought about doing it the same way you are thinking at a later date, but I decided to avoid the risk of being refused. That is why I am looking for a Cortina, so I can leave the block in keeping the number. Depending on the kind and condition of the engine, rebuild it with the parts of the 2 ltr Ford engine I already got. I have spoken to some guys who done the same thing. Generally it works like that, but like always in LOS there can be significant differences of approach locally. It seems that in the provinces things are easier than in i.e, BKK or Pattaya.

The cortina's I saw are no longer there ? have you found anything yet ? what about a capri ? saw one the other day just as you go past Jurasic garden on the way out of pattaya on the road to sattahib, I thought at the time it was a fitting place for an old car like that !

Edited by pop3