Bye Bye Europe - Exapats and Holiday Goers.

Thailand will have to decrease prices if they want tourists. that's all. no need to be an economic expert. I predict food and hotel price down, maybe free visa soon.

up to Thailand to make an effort.

Thailand should start with simple calculations starting with the expats, how much they spend to the Thai economy 24/7.

At the latest as their Scheme with the quality tourists just failed. whistling.gif

The problem is, for this you need common sence, not have to be a rocket sienctist in math.

I still remember how the American soldiers cried after this impact.

No, they were crying because they had the misfortune to be stationed in a grey country, and not Schofield Barracks. And the generals even wondered why, so long after WWII ended, did we need to even be in Europe.... If these folks can't (or won't) defend themselves by now, then who cares if they'll need to learn Cyrillic. Of course, maybe we were there to prevent a third 20th Century Teutonic plague....

Your word in gods ear, I would like getting ridd of the this brainwashed hypocrits asap.

We having a phrase in germany "If you having the right friends, you don't need any enemy".

Not just the Euro, this has been brewing for the Pound for a while . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adrian-ash/the-pounds-littleknown-crisis-of-2015_b_2440371.html

I wonder when the people gone realize that those greedy bankers have messed up so much for a century or more, that they really see no way out of it anymore.

The crisis started end of 2007, but what we have seen so far is only the beginning, of what will be a very messy thing.

I know Anthony will be ridiculed for this by some wealthy members on this forum, we all know who they are, but the only way this can be solved is with a 3rd world war, which actually was started on purpose about the same time as the economic crisis.

You hit the nail on the head, this is what the Real Rulers want, a kind of WWIII destabilize so many countries as possible, create wars and desaster all over the world.

Top Topic on their agenda, reduce the world population to 3 billion ppl and increase in the same time the own fortune while selling weapons.

• Like 1

Average German state pension 1200E/month, maximum state pension 2500E/month

(Salary related) So 50Kbht-100Kbht a month.

in Germany one has to distinguish between social insurance (Rente), payments by company pension funds (Betriebsrente) and Pension (only for former government officials).

-the "Rente" is capped and based on former earnings as well as years of work and last salary.

-the "Betriebsrente" is not capped and based on contributions during working years.

-the "Pension" is not capped and based on the last rank as well as salary.

i understand that you have not the faintest idea about German pension schemes, e.g. there is no such thing like a "state pension".

I beg your pardon you are not right, there is a state pension and provinces pensions.

Depending where you working, and on your Status "Beamter" only ppl with this Status are in the Pension scheme in germany.

being a German you should know that Germany does not have "provinces" tongue.png

+1...Pattaya seems to be getting more crowded all the time.

Sure is but have you noticed who its getting more crowded with ? You can bet that the Thais will be the group doing the most replacements of any other decreasing population.

The domestic tourism and resident population is the one accelerating here

Yes but that doesn't bring new money into the country. The Thais can't just stand around with their hands in each others' pockets and think they'll all get rich.

They still need a guy called ATM to make tourism pay.

(I want you to know that I am a very, very hansum ATM, too. :) )

• Like 1

Thank god that britain for once was diplomatically correct for not joining the euro money go round err i mean down.

Actually if we had joined when the Pound was 1.50 we would be better off (and much better off over the last 5 years). Even now 1.50 x 34 is better than the Pound at 48.

Sure is but have you noticed who its getting more crowded with ? You can bet that the Thais will be the group doing the most replacements of any other decreasing population.

Yes but that doesn't bring new money into the country. The Thais can't just stand around with their hands in each others' pockets and think they'll all get rich.

(I want you to know that I am a very, very hansum ATM, too. smile.png )

Having said that, there has been a major increase in expats in Pattaya. With just a conservative 15% increase/year for the last 8 years equals three times more. ( From compound interest formula) Population t8 = Population t0 (1.15)8 = 3x

Edited by morrobay

It would be far more expensive for me to live in Europe than it is for me living here. Here I can live comfortably....at home I'd be on the streets. (metaphorically speaking).

Spain is very cheap.

House and apartment purchase prices cheaper than Thailand, rent not so.

And if you're British,

1.4 Euro to the GBP, at one point it was 1:1, so great exchange rate too.

Worth 40% more than 6 years ago, I might have ended up in Europe with an exchange rate like that.

Depends on where you are in Spain. Quality of apartments for sale in Thailand is much better for price you pay. Rent yes can be reasonable, all depends where, astronomical in the larger cities and short term rents on the coast. Salaries, if working are much lower but as are income taxes, VAT and local taxes. Recently introduced unless you (or your wife) are working, you have to pay to visit your doctor. Spain's economy has been stagnant over past 4 years.

Not that cheap a place to live as it once was, especially pre Euro! Those day that was cheap, 3 beers and 3 tapas half cut and fed! on 300 Pesetas approx 1 euro 80! 1.80 euro!

Salaries, not all that much different TBH, 20% increase during that time, if you are lucky!

December 31 2001 Coffee, Beer with Tapa 100 Pesetas (0.60Euro)

Jan 1st 2002 Beer with Tapa, Coffee 1 euro (166.386 Pesetas)

Late Jan 2015 Beer with Tapa, Coffee, 2.20 euro

Those are just example prices, cost of living in Spain doubled/tripled since 2001 while salaries have not!

Source? I am half Spanish, half UK, lived most my life in Spain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adrian-ash/the-pounds-littleknown-crisis-of-2015_b_2440371.html

I wonder when the people gone realize that those greedy bankers have messed up so much for a century or more, that they really see no way out of it anymore.

The crisis started end of 2007, but what we have seen so far is only the beginning, of what will be a very messy thing.

I know Anthony will be ridiculed for this by some wealthy members on this forum, we all know who they are, but the only way this can be solved is with a 3rd world war, which actually was started on purpose about the same time as the economic crisis.

You hit the nail on the head, this is what the Real Rulers want, a kind of WWIII destabilize so many countries as possible, create wars and desaster all over the world.

Top Topic on their agenda, reduce the world population to 3 billion ppl and increase in the same time the own fortune while selling weapons.

and surely they wouldn't be buying these kind of things just for the hell of it ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2013/11/27/billionaire-bunkers-beyond-the-panic-room-home-security-goes-sci-fi/

• Like 1

IMO The best thing Thailand could do now is spend whole-hog on massive infrastructure projects in the order of trillions of baht. This will weaken the baht making exports and inbound tourism more competitive, while at the same time strengthen vital infrastructure which will be needed by the increased exports facilitated by a lower baht. gasp....

Have you ever thought that the Thais in power don't want tourists?

They are the ones earning millions of baht, have kids studying overseas, and investing in property overseas.

Edited by Johnniey
  • Like 1

IMO The best thing Thailand could do now is spend whole-hog on massive infrastructure projects in the order of trillions of baht. This will weaken the baht making exports and inbound tourism more competitive, while at the same time strengthen vital infrastructure which will be needed by the increased exports facilitated by a lower baht. gasp....

They are the ones earning millions of baht, have kids studying overseas, and investing in property overseas.

Thats the case I was making in post # 31 in

Baht Remaining Strong thread. They benefit from a strong baht and are in a position to influence the

Bank of Thailand monetary policy.

Edited by morrobay

in Germany one has to distinguish between social insurance (Rente), payments by company pension funds (Betriebsrente) and Pension (only for former government officials).

-the "Rente" is capped and based on former earnings as well as years of work and last salary.

-the "Betriebsrente" is not capped and based on contributions during working years.

-the "Pension" is not capped and based on the last rank as well as salary.

i understand that you have not the faintest idea about German pension schemes, e.g. there is no such thing like a "state pension".

I beg your pardon you are not right, there is a state pension and provinces pensions.

Depending where you working, and on your Status "Beamter" only ppl with this Status are in the Pension scheme in germany.

being a German you should know that Germany does not have "provinces" tongue.png

I wrote only Provinces that everbody understand it.

We having an unnecessary federal system with 16 Bunderländern with own Governments and own administartions, which a partly autonom in their decisions and costing a lot of money. Germany is like a mini EU, 3 Bundesländer subvent the rest Banana States.

IMO this system should be blown to hell. whistling.gifwink.png

The same with the EU.

and surely they wouldn't be buying these kind of things just for the hell of it ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2013/11/27/billionaire-bunkers-beyond-the-panic-room-home-security-goes-sci-fi/

These idiot means, when the world is an inferno they can escape. cheesy.gif

How long will they stay in their bunkers in this case. whistling.gif

(I want you to know that I am a very, very hansum ATM, too. smile.png )

Post your Photo and your bank balances etc. and you will drowning in hens. whistling.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

Baht Remaining Strong thread. They benefit from a strong baht and are in a position to influence the

This system running in USA for decades already the powerful ppl over there making the money politics and full influece the politics in general.

The politicians in USA are only puppets on the string of these ppl, like Rothschild, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt etc.

• Like 1

This system running in USA for decades already the powerful ppl over there making the money politics and full influece the politics in general.

The politicians in USA are only puppets on the string of these ppl, like Rothschild, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt etc.

Poor deluded Europeans. Euro economy is a disaster and you blame the US? The very country leading the world out of the current doldrums? My advice, invest in USA, can't go wrong.

Poor deluded Europeans. Euro economy is a disaster and you blame the US? The very country leading the world out of the current doldrums? My advice, invest in USA, can't go wrong.

In 1 thing your are right the EU failed, caused of a lot of Banana States with corrupt politicians. If Fitch would rating USA fair, then they would ending up between Greece and Portugal. I can wait until this USA bubble burst, they had printed money the last 2 year like hell and nothing behind. The high $ value will hit the american economy soon, caused hard to export somethings. I would bet the Real Rules behind this coup, investing the most of their money in CHF already.

Anyway if I had enough $ now, then I would invest in norway.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=NOK&to=USD&view=10Y