Cattle grids

Goldie09

hi,

Does anyone have any experience, or seen one in Thailand.

I have an issue with locals cows and after a wall is built, plan on installing one at the entrance.

Designs are available on the web but interested in local existence.

Thanks

Never seen one in Thailand,not a Thai thing,and not a good idea, you say "cows " meaning Thai beef cattle ,the white one's,or red and not ,dairy black and white.

Thai beef cattle do not have a lot of regard for most things,go out grazing and wondering,as you know,a cattle grid I have a feeling would not stop them.

A cow on heat ,a bull trying to ride her,cow does not whant to know ,sods law says it will be near your cattle grid,down she goes.,or cattle with horns bullying,shoving and pushing smaller cattle.

Of course when you build one you will put in a drain,or a soak away,for in the rainy season it will fill with water ,cattle will think puddle and walk in to the cattle grid with dier conseqences /problems, and the owner will not be very happy if he has some of his cattle with broken legs, with cattle prices on a high some of these thin bags of bones are worth a lot of money, and he will expect you to foot the bill.

I think to keep the peace, fit a gate ,may be spring loaded so it will not get left open,as it will for certain, or an eletric fence,with an eletric gate,Google for idears.

the eletric fence, cattle ,even Thai beef cattle will repsect an eletric fence, when they have had a few belts from one.

• Like 1