Kitchen is 90% done

kevvy

The house will be ready is 10 days , just waiting for the Italian oven and fridge to be installed . The marble was laid today on the island bench and counter tops. Pic of the hallway leading to bedrooms . Home theatre room is getting done today .Will post more next week .

Cheers

kevvy

post-164407-0-69763300-1426087281_thumb.

post-164407-0-80439200-1426087327_thumb.

post-164407-0-45823500-1426087371_thumb.

post-164407-0-64061700-1426087424_thumb.

post-164407-0-85716300-1426087592_thumb.

post-164407-0-23078900-1426087816_thumb.

Edited by kevvy

I got a Thai carpenter to do the kitchen ,all hand made .Went to home pro and other stores and they wanted 400,000 baht for a good kitchen .My carpenter done this one for 410,000 and it is 3 metres high. The home pro kitchen was not even half the size of this one . The glass in the cupboards were etched for the effect.

Gee...520,000 Baht paid our builder last year, (excluding the land and the materials, which we purchased ourselves) to build our house in Chiang Mai (City)

Great price. What did the materials cost?

Kevvy nice house, but as posted very clinical and lots and lots and lots of kitchen units.

Rawhod nice house, good price, but small plot, floor space about 150/200 metres

Plot is 76 wah (304 sq.m)

House is 190 sq.m total floor area, Thai kitchen extension 36 sq.m. External garage space for up to 3 cars. Front lawn 30 sq.m. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdy

All in all, more than adequate for two people.

very clinical are you actually going to use all that cupboard space or is this a start to a very long photo shoot

you invite comment looks like you build next to a factory

The cupboards are for storage on the top. There is no factory next to me , it is on a main road , come and have a LOOK .

My first thought was how is anyone going to reach to those high level top boxes.

Hope you bought the little lady some step ladders.

Its your choice and style obviously but i think the cost of the kitchen could have been better evaluated.

As the ceilings are 4 metres high , we wanted to make the kitchen look full. If we put in the standard kitchen it would have looked out of place because of the high ceilings.The to cupboards are really just to make the kitchen higher and was achieved . When we add some colour it will change it so much. Everyone to their own. Cheers

Kevvy nice house, but as posted very clinical and lots and lots and lots of kitchen units.

Rawhod nice house, good price, but small plot, floor space about 150/200 metres

Plot is 76 wah (304 sq.m)

House is 190 sq.m total floor area, Thai kitchen extension 36 sq.m. External garage space for up to 3 cars. Front lawn 30 sq.m. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdy

All in all, more than adequate for two people.

A nice big house for 2, looking at the photo it looked a bit small, but as i said a nice house for a good price, hope not too many problems with the build.

I'm just finishing my house renovation and I've to say you really need to look into details before comparing two prices. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details. Cheap wood, cheap hinges, cheap workmanship and you have a kitchen that looks good when just installed but start falling apart after just one year when a more expensive kitchen will still look good after 10 years.

kevvy, nice house & i think the kitchen is fantastic, good pictures also.thumbsup.gif

What area of Thailand is the house located?

What will be the total cost when its finished.

wai.gif

We are in chiang rai . The cost of the house was overboard , as when first stated the footing we drove pier columns into the ground at a depth of 2.5 metres . Then we put out footings on top o0f them (not connected) The footings were 2 metre x 2 and half metre .Then we used 20 mm steel . We are in an earthquake zone so we went to higher specs. Well, the 2 spa baths cost us 300,000, the Italian oven $$$$$ it is an elba and has 6 burners and a grill plate on top as well and a griller (broiler) under the top and 2 ovens . We used a very high standard in everything in the house . It will come in around 6 million. without the 3 rai of land . The marble tops cost 80,000 baht. It is the house I have always wanted , and I love to cook as I was an apprentice chef in my younger days .As the land was on a rice field and land fill was put over it there was a water table under the fill. So I put in 3 aggie drains(french drain ) around the side and middle of the land .It worked as in a few weeks the backyard was drying out and you can see the water coming out the end of the pipes.

post-164407-0-76803300-1426321566_thumb.

I'm just finishing my house renovation and I've to say you really need to look into details before comparing two prices. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details. Cheap wood, cheap hinges, cheap workmanship and you have a kitchen that looks good when just installed but start falling apart after just one year when a more expensive kitchen will still look good after 10 years.

That is why we did not go to the likes of home pro , and all the crappy kitchen stores .Just cheap plastic wood in some stores. Our kitchen was hand made with the best materials and treated with termite protection as well.

Agree with you Johnny..

pictures of the window sills.Got these vanished today , they look very nice . The other two pics are of the front door walking into the entrance and you have the dinning room on the left and lounge room on the right . I had so much stress from the build as to get the workers to keep up a standard , which often was not there . Many times I felt like just screaming at them , but I kept quite and tried harder to explain the "farang " way of building/

Cheers

Kevvy

post-164407-0-70055900-1426338069_thumb.

post-164407-0-99199200-1426338141_thumb.

post-164407-0-78130100-1426338175_thumb.

post-164407-0-01664500-1426338249_thumb.

• 7 months later...