pickup truck modification shops?

zeekgarcia

Any drawbacks to doing this?
The wheels hitting the wheel arches..
Without being negative.. raising a truck isnt that complex, involving spacer, anti sway bars and usually but not always longer shocks.. Lowering one below spec would present a lot more engineering challenges.. Adding 'space' is easy, removing it less so.
Also as the cheaper versions of trucks usually come in a lower variant, maybe look at it from that route ??
  • Like 2

Any drawbacks to doing this?
The wheels hitting the wheel arches..
Without being negative.. raising a truck isnt that complex, involving spacer, anti sway bars and usually but not always longer shocks.. Lowering one below spec would present a lot more engineering challenges.. Adding 'space' is easy, removing it less so.
Also as the cheaper versions of trucks usually come in a lower variant, maybe look at it from that route ??

Yes.. as long as you don't get any 'high rider' (4x4 lookalike) model then it should be just fine. Also there is benefit to being a little higher up in terms of visibility. I drive a truck in Chiang Mai but am currently in a little Toyota Corolla rental car and it's hell. Can't see much beyond the back of the car in front of me. (And always have to be worried about hitting kerbs, etc.)

What modifications are illegal?

Changing tire and/or wheel size?

Changing lights or adding lights?

Adding/changing bumpers?

Tinting windows?

Modifying suspension by adding springs?

Other ????

By law, all of the above (not tinting probably as there is a defined legal limit).

Thai rules are no changes at all. Another stupid catch all law designed to be implemented when they want and ignored when they dont. I once had a fight with the land transport office because I had aftermarket LED indicators installed on a motorbike. The law (read it before but dont have it to quote) was so wide even changing tires would be 'modified'..

Its just another law thats made with no limit.

• Like 1