Falang selling car, do I need housebook?

dagling

A friend wants to go home, he has the car in his own name.

Is it true that he needs house book to sell the car to a Thai and transfer ownership?

Allt he has is a copy from Imigration confirming his address in Thailand.

• Like 1

If you do a search here you will find this question answered many times already. required is certification of address (immigration or embassy) or workpermit or yellow housebook.

The residence cert (immigration, work permit, embassy or in most but not all land transport offices a yellow house book) is increasingly being asked for. The issue is its not consistent. Some offices dont, some do, depends on mood of the day.

If the guy is leaving, get one, and sort it first.. Saves so much problems later in case.

Foreigners aren't issued blue books, only yellow books.

@ dagling - Your friend only needs a Certificate of Residence from either his Embassy, Immigration or Local Police Station, dependant on where he lives and which is the easier option. Although you state he already has a C of R from Immigration, they are usually invalid after 30 days from date of issue.

Edited by Faz

You dont sign the blue book.

You sign a transfer form.. If both parties are not going to the land transport office you also sign a power of attorney form.

Some, but not all, LTOs need the sellers residence paper (options above on different ways to get this), along with passport copies and a current permission to stay stamp.

Once the permission to stay stamp has expired, that can be a huge issue.

LivinLOS, on 16 Mar 2015 - 11:10, said:
Faz, on 16 Mar 2015 - 11:08, said:

Foreigners aren't issued blue books, only yellow books.

I assumed he meant cars blue book.

thumbsup.gif

Foreigners can get yellow house books, but it is quite an ordeal, requiring presentation of numerous documents. However, at least in Chiangmai, foreigners who purchase a condo can get BLUE house books. The blue house book of a foreigner will not be accepted for transfer of title on a vehicle. But when presented to Immigration the blue house book will get you a Certificate of Residence. I am speaking from my own experience, not some rumor. My blue house book for my condo (which is readily accepted alone as proof of my residence when getting retirement extension) has my address, BUT does not contain my name.

But in chaing mai almost anything gets you the letter of residence..

Someone I know, with no long stay visa.. no owners ID card.. and no rental contract.. simply presented a photocopy of a tabien baan and got issued one..

Not its back to paying 500b they issue them easy as pie..