Has anyone flown with Ukraine Airlines recently? UK to BKK.

What can I say. UIA got my partner and I to Bangkok, in one piece, with our luggage and a little bit early.

We had some trouble when checking in at Gatwick. They couldn't check our bags through to BKK and we'd have to collect them in Kiev and check them in again. But they sorted the problem and the bags went through.

The first leg to kiev was very easyjet/ryan air. Nothing special just your everyday short haul, no thrills flight.

The second leg was marginally better, nicer seats (not especially wide), free blanket, ear plugs, eye pad and socks. Screens are dotted along the center of the plane, three small screens then a bigger one for each cabin (economy). The movies were mixed genre with two recents and two older.

Juice and water were free and could be asked for any time. A meal was served consisting of very basic but completely edible food. Later on in the flight, a couple of hours from landing a light lunch type meal was also served.

Did I enjoy the flight? No but that's just because I don't like long haul flights. Am I glad I saved at least £200 by flying with a 'budget' airline? Yes I bloody well am, and so far I'd fly with them again. I'll see if that stands on the return.

What can I say. UIA got my partner and I to Bangkok, in one piece, with our luggage and a little bit early.

We had some trouble when checking in at Gatwick. They couldn't check our bags through to BKK and we'd have to collect them in Kiev and check them in again. But they sorted the problem and the bags went through.

The first leg to kiev was very easyjet/ryan air. Nothing special just your everyday short haul, no thrills flight.

The second leg was marginally better, nicer seats (not especially wide), free blanket, ear plugs, eye pad and socks. Screens are dotted along the center of the plane, three small screens then a bigger one for each cabin (economy). The movies were mixed genre with two recents and two older.

Juice and water were free and could be asked for any time. A meal was served consisting of very basic but completely edible food. Later on in the flight, a couple of hours from landing a light lunch type meal was also served.

Did I enjoy the flight? No but that's just because I don't like long haul flights. Am I glad I saved at least £200 by flying with a 'budget' airline? Yes I bloody well am, and so far I'd fly with them again. I'll see if that stands on the return.

Nice Report indeed Buddy.......

I was about to quote your earlier post but read this one first. You made the point about safety in previous Post and UIA have unblemished record.

When I booked the flight I was looking for a very similar report as to what I've posted so hopefully it can help others decide.

Worth mentioning you get free earphones (standard double Jack) but the sound quality is rubbish. If you stick your own headphones in and pull them out about 1mm it's much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back home unfortunately. Just thought I'd say we were given a free upgrade to premium economy without asking and without reason. Wasn't even an empty plane it was pretty solidly booked.

If you don't want to fly with them that's the beauty of having the choice, but if they keep their prices I've got no reason not to use them next time, plus I got about 9000 air miles out of it on their panorama club.

• 2 months later...

Just back from the trip. UA was fine. Probably like flying United or AA. Older plane, food was fair, but it was just fine. No problems at all.

Came back on Norwegian Air. Brand new plane with all the latest tech innovations. Impressive. I'd fly either of them again, but liked NA a lot more!

On the way here, was interesting to see the plane's route. They had to go out of their way by a bunch to avoid Russia and the problem areas in Ukraine. Quite a bit south.