Can I get a TT3 using a currency broker to transfer funds?

I'm looking for the cheapest way to transfer funds from UK to Thailand. Amount is roughly 200k GBP. Are you still able to obtain a TT3 form using a currency broker such as fxcompared? What about using the same kind of broker to transfer funds out of Thailand, will you need the TT3?

If the currency broker option is not viable, what is the next best option? Someone recommended opening a Bangkok bank account and transferring funds over in GBP.

Any other suggestions?

Seems TT3 has been replaced by FET form

Edited by davidjg

for TT.transfers you wont get a better deal than with scb.bank.also if transfering 200gbp.you will get a call from the finance office offering you a better rate than TT.make a swift trans.from the uk.saying what the money is for,

your bank in thailand will give you an international transfer certificate which you must keep if you ever want to take it out of thailand,

It is difficult to elaborate on you case specifically...however I bought my condo here in Thailand with money I held with a broker in America and was issued a FET. (as you pointed out correctly the TT3 is no more) Some FX brokers can be a little picky when it comes to sending money not to your reference account. (the bank account from which you funded your FX account in first place) I am not sure how the policy of fxcompared is.

Hence I would strongly recommend to make a trasfer from your bank in the UK to a bank account in Thailand. As pointed out already you will need to keep the certificate to send the money back to UK. Walking into a bank in Thailand and wanting something is sometimes a gamble (like sending money out of Thailand with the FET)...if you do it the regular way then your chances will increase that you get what you want. Mabybe the FX broker transaction might make them vary...I really dont know. So to sum it up: Use a regular UK bank to send money and a regular bank in Thailand to receive funds, if you wanna be on the safe side.

Kasikornbank and Siam Commercial Bank have been the most expat friendly banks in my 13 years of exprience. I also use their broker services and never had a problem so far.