Wouldn't mind starting a band...

JaseTheBass

I was reading a local publication today about Itchy, the punk band made up of 4 young ladies from various nationalities and thought how refreshing it was to see some people making their own music rather than just churning out covers. I used to play in bands back in the UK for about 15 years and quite miss it. OK, I'm not as young and hip as I was back then (actually, I was never that hip), but I wouldn't mind seeing if there are any other people in Chiang Mai who have similar thoughts and would fancy getting together to initially learn a few cover tunes and then think about writing something new.

My preferences would be anything from Oasis-esque rock (without the annoying, whiney pub singer though) through to AC/DC, Kingdom Come, Badlands, Motley, Ozzie, Maiden, Motorhead, Metallica, whatever...

I played bass guitar, but have a 6 string and practice amp at the moment. I'd be happier sticking to bass, but can play rhythm guitar if forced at gunpoint. Obviously, I'd have to nick my wallet from the wife and buy some more gear :)

It's either that or I sell my mother and get a new F Type!

[Disclaimer: Not interested in bar-stool lawyers harping on about labour laws, etc.]

There was a posting a year or three ago about a regular, unpaid jam session (Chiang Mai) being broken up by the police. I haven't played my drums since I got here.

Edited by cooked

Amusing. The op explicitly says he's not interested in comments from bar-stool lawyers, and the only public replies he gets are from bar-stool lawyers.

Welcome to Thaivisa, Bassman.

• Like 2

Amusing. The op explicitly says he's not interested in comments from bar-stool lawyers, and the only public replies he gets are from bar-stool lawyers.

Welcome to Thaivisa, Bassman.

No sense of humor and on an open forum at that.tongue.pngw00t.gif

• Like 1

GMM Grammy don't own my music, so what's your point?

The point is that most of them don't know what they're talking about and are panic merchants.

Here is a list of artists that Grammy manages and owns the publishing rights to.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMM_Grammy.

From the gmmgrammy.com website "the company manages and collects copyright fees from food operators, restaurants, radio operators, .......... and others who use the Company's music for commercial purposes."

Perhaps the OP is like the Blues Brothers, on a mission from God.

Just this moment typed into facebook search, Chiang Mai bands, and scores of groups appeared. If the OP has a facebook account, I think it`s well worth checking these out, plus making some inquiries on there that will probably yield in better results than on Thai visa where most of members are so old that most of them think heavy rock is a large boulder and Bill Haley and the Comets are still number one in the charts.

• Like 2

Just this moment typed into facebook search, Chiang Mai bands, and scores of groups appeared. If the OP has a facebook account, I think it`s well worth checking these out, plus making some inquiries on there that will probably yield in better results than on Thai visa where most of members are so old that most of them think heavy rock is a large boulder and Bill Haley and the Comets are still number one in the charts.

They're not?

• Like 1

They're not?

They are too.tongue.png

• Like 1