Yamaha Bolt R Replacement tyres

I recently bought a Yamaha Bolt R. Shop version, no mods. Web description of bike wheels are "All new, lightweight 12-spoke cast aluminium wheels are fitted tubeless tires. Front wheel is an MT2.50x19 fitted with a 100/90-19 bias tire, while the rear is an MT3.50x16 fitted with a 150/80x16 bias tire".

I'm going to need new tyres sooner rather than later..

Questions.

1 How many kilometers can I do on existing ones (safely) before I change (done 6,000 km to date)

2 What tyres do you recommend. I know they are the only thing between me and the road so I'm looking for reasonable quality and reliability.

3 Possible source for purchase.

Many thanks in advance of advice.

Thanks. Should have explained I am in Thailand !

Well we sort of expected that since this a Thai based forumbiggrin.png

But where in Thailand?

Tire km's depends a lot of how soft the tires are and how you ride obviously, I seen a Harley dude that burned his rear tire off outside a bar, so that was not a long time it lasted. I was told he does that quite often, he-he.

You can check how much of the groves/treads are left, see below link:

http://www.thebikersgarage.com/motorcycle-safety-tire-wear-bars/

You should with normal riding get well over 12.000 km on them maybe even more, 6000 km is not much on chopper tires.

Tires age quickly in Thailand due to the heat so that is also something to consider, I will say max 4-5 years old on a chopper and they should be changed depending of if the bike is parked in the sun or not.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Thanks. I'm down in Rayong. Mainly drive short distances 20 kilometers etc to and from work or to friends. So a bit of acceleration. And then a few 500 km runs up and down to Khon Kaen. A bit of a mix. I do not thrash it. no wheelies..

Tyres appear OK for now. I'll check the wear bar. So this enquiry was more to be ready in a few months. Recommend make and model. Thanks again.