A large influx of Chinese tourists visited Thailand, Q1 tourism booms

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Would be interesting to see a statistic of the net profit for Thai economy per visitor and nationality and also the sum total per nationality

Yes I was wondering if the word 'boom' simply meant an increase in numbers.... might be something to do with free visas and Chinese New year.

The crowds might well be filling up the cheap hotels and shopping Malls, but I struggle to associate a tropical paradise with a mass of heaving bodies pushing and spitting their way down the road towards their coaches which are blocking all the traffic. Even tolerant Thais are complaining about them.

Look at it the positiv way. At least they have their own coaches, so we don't have to sit next to them.

I remember being on Bali where the marketvendors all flipped their pricetags when the coaches full of japanese arrived. Then everything was double priced and after 2 hours they were all flipped back to normal.

But if the chinese take over the beaches then sure the Westerners won't come back to Thailand. Who cares? Because of the Westerners all prices have raised dramatically.

Maybe in time, the word Farlung will be forgotten. Because Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans are not considered a Farlung. (the definition of Farlung is a rich foreign visitor. (not necessarily a white Caucasian ). Somewhere in the

Thai language they don't think of other Asians fit in the category of being rich Farlungs. Lately I been correcting Thais that call me a Farlung, because I am not a tourist. I live here. Have a Thai drivers license, have a Makro card,

Super Big C card, Lotus card, Bangkok bank card. Same as a Thai citizen. I resent this term. Its a racial slur.

Maybe in time, the word Farlung will be forgotten. Because Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans are not considered a Farlung. (the definition of Farlung is a rich foreign visitor. (not necessarily a white Caucasian ). Somewhere in the

Thai language they don't think of other Asians fit in the category of being rich Farlungs. Lately I been correcting Thais that call me a Farlung, because I am not a tourist. I live here. Have a Thai drivers license, have a Makro card,

Super Big C card, Lotus card, Bangkok bank card. Same as a Thai citizen. I resent this term. Its a racial slur.

Over the years there have been numerous discussions about the term 'farang'. I suggest you do some research. It certainly DOES refer to a Caucasian foreigner and not to Chinese. The Thais have different terms for Chinese, Japanese, Indians. No matter how long you have lived here or how many shopping cards you possess you will always be a farang. Get used to it, it's not racist.