Falling egg prices prompts immediate action by the Egg Board

webfact

Falling egg prices prompts immediate action by the Egg Board

18-3-2558-10-56-18-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Falling egg price is causing a new concern for authorities with the National Chicken and Chicken Product Development Board (Egg Board) says it will convene this week to find ways to solve the oversupply of eggs that has caused egg prices to go down.

Permanent Secretary for Commerce Chutima Bunyapraphasara said that the Egg Board under the Commerce Ministry and the Agriculture and Cooperative Ministry will convene this week to find way to assist egg chicken raisers, who are experiencing an overproduction of egg and suffering from falling egg prices.

She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs into the market to reduce the excess supply.

A total of 11 million eggs were released into the market over the past two weeks, she noted.

Meanwhile market survey showed prices of most consumer products and fresh foods remain appropriate.

Only prices of some fresh vegetables, lime in particular, have slightly gone up, she said.

Prices of lime now ranges from 5-7 baht on average while those premium lime ‘Jumbo Lime’ is sold at 10 baht on average, which is not to high compared with previous years, she said.

She attributed the slight increase in prices of some fresh vegetables to the ongoing drought problem in many areas, adding that the ministry will help local farmers adapt themselves to face the current drought.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/falling-egg-prices-prompts-immediate-action-by-the-egg-board

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-18

She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs into the market to reduce the excess supply

Huh, increasing the supply to reduce the excess supply? That must be Thai economics 101.

Mistranslation? Over production is causing storage problem, and not excess supply.

Price of eggs in BKK has risen to 4-5 baht a piece. Supply is not reaching us fast enough.

She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs into the market to reduce the excess supply

Huh, increasing the supply to reduce the excess supply? That must be Thai economics 101.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Priceless. They should put that in the Thainess advertising campaign. Less customers lets up the price. The Thai way. truly amazing

• Like 1

I always admired Thai thinking and mentality.

If something doesn't sell......increase the price.

On the contrary if something sells well.......flood the market with the same product.

The world should learn from them.......................

Works already well in Greecetongue.png

I always admired Thai thinking and mentality.

If something doesn't sell......increase the price.

On the contrary if something sells well.......flood the market with the same product.

The world should learn from them.......................

yet strangely they havent, wonder why?

Amazing Thailand!

An Egg costs 3 Baht!

A Lemon costs 7 Baht!

Government should buy from formers and distribute to the schools as boiled eggs. This country has lot of potential, but don't know how to manage.

I hope general will not punish them eating boiled rice with omelet! Which already people are doing it!

Edited by NextStationBangkok

My wife sells them 10 for 30baht.............. laid while you wait!clap2.gif

My wife as well daily fresh eggs from our free range chickens weight up to 57 grams 2.5 baht, 58 to 64 gram 3 baht over 64 we sell for 3.5 baht.

Edited by maxisrael

Bought 30 for 79B at big C last week . Mixed so not No1.
My cholestrol is peaking.
Feel ashamed that I bought them , aiding the chicken holocaust that is egg farming.
No sympathy for those egg "farmers". Hard to find eggs from free walking chickens.

• Like 1

This egg oversupply started 3 years ago, about the same time for rice and rubber oversupply.

No one is finding solutions to better match supply with demand of the agricultural industry. Instead the typical Thai government has been to resort to price fixing and subsidies, no matter whether it's the PTP, Democrats, or Juntas. The egg industry needs innovation to attract more consumers. For example, boxed egg whites would attract many people who are adversed to the chloresterol in whole eggs. New drinks like egg nog, naturally flavored hardboiled eggs such as chocolate and fruit flavors (not Cadbury!). Precooked egg salad.

In a just released press statement Mr. Humpty Dumpty urged all egg producers to scramble and to get cracking and egg their families on in an attempt to forestall the falling off of the wall of egg prices that may well cause damage that cannot be repaired to the position of the egg producers . and Mr. Humpty Dumpty,

Mr.Humpty Dunpty also exhorted his fellow layers of members from the top to the bottom level,'' to be strong my fellows and do not lay down on the job and chicken out.'' ,

The army is we are told standing by to attempt to repair any shell damage that may occur.. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2