Where in Isaan to get reliable Kawasaki Bike Bike Servicing?

Smileygc

I used to live in Phuket and was very happy with the work carried out by Phuket Kawasaki on my Versys 650.

I moved to Nakhon Phanom just over a year ago and need to find a reliable Kawasaki service centre.

I will explain why!

About 6 months ago, I had a 39,000 service undertaken in Udon Thani and had some extra lights fitted (due to an incident on the ride over).

The service was mediocre as basic stuff like stand and handlebar lever lubrication were forgotten. They also wired the new lights incorrectly so that my upgraded horns (very essential) only functioned when the additional lights were on. Also one of the new lights (halogen) blew in the first few hours (i believe due to the huge thumb print on it). The work was done on a Friday and Saturday and the problems we detected after I picked up the bike, Hence, I had to stay an additional Sat & Sunday night to return the bike for fixing on the Monday.

Conclusion - not much confidence in Kawasaki Udon Thani's technical ability.

Nakhon Phanon - They now sell ER-6n's, but it is still a scooter service and so are not equipped or trained for anything other than initial services.

Sakhon Nakhon - They sell the Versys, but again seem only equipped & trained for basic service.

I require, a 45,000 k service along with new chain & sprockets, new tyres, Scorpion Trials.

So does anyone have good experience of service and can recommend a service centre within the Isaan area. I am happy to travel (Udon Thani is about 300 k from my home),

I will travel to Korat if need be.

Thanks in advance.......

As you might know Korat does have a official Kawasaki dealer, ( MPC bike shop) I bought a KLX there and had it serviced a few times, seems to be a good dealer,with a nice looking workshop, but as the services I had done there were just the basic maintenance, can't comment if they are capable on doing more complex work ( they should, since they are official Kawasaki dealer)

A bit further down the road, in Buriram ( but that's maybe too far for you.) there's a good big bike shop called RK Buriram Superbike service.

For the work you describe MPC bike shop in Korat should be the best choice.

Good luck

• Like 2

All I can say is "good luck"! I do all my own work. Get a good set of tools, and the shop manual for your bike and do it yourself.

I tried to have confidence in the shops here, but it just didn't work out. I had sticky clutch and throttle cables and discovered they'd never been lubed, etc.! the fact is, I was going in for "regular service," and it turned out they weren't really doing anything but changing the oil, checking the tires and coolant, things like that. They did not even get the tire pressure right!

I even tried the main shop in BKK for a valve adjustment (ER6n), but they did not (DELETED) listen. I plainly told them "I do NOT want you to change the oil." They did it anyway and billed be for Shell 100% synthetic -- not cheap. I do not like Shell. Probably nothing wrong with it -- I just don't (DELETED)like it or want to buy it. I did an immediate oil change when I got home. There were also issues with the valve adjustment.

They refused to let me watch them work. Did they use a torque wrench? Who knows? They never seem to use one at the Nakhon Sawan dealership. At a minimum, you need to know what needs to be done, then you have to watch them like a hawk (most shops will let you watch). If you go up to the lounge and drink coffee, god help you.

Edited by seedy
language
  • Like 2

I had a KLX, Ninja 250, Er6n, they were serviced at Kawa Khon Kaen and Kawa Udon. I always felt Udon did a more professional job and were also easier to deal with…….. My friend in Khon Kaen was also impressed with Korat but not KK….. just luck of the draw sometimes

Many thanks for all the replies.

On the recommendation of my Thai friends in Phuket Kawasaki Club, I am just back from Korat where Kawasaki carried my service 46k. They had a comprehensive list of what was needed to be done.

It would seem, that many things had not been done on the 40k (42k) service last year at Udon Thani. Which is what I thought and mentioned above.

Kaorat, were professional, checked everything they should (infact they repeated the 42K service) and more checking the entire bike.

It rides like new again !!

Hey, they also have bike ramps, so loading on the pickup is a lot easier!!