Central reveals details of new B13bn Phuket complex

webfact

Central reveals details of new B13bn Phuket complex
Nattapat Tuarob

1426670378_1-org.jpg
At the moment there is nothing behind the metal fencing, but work will start soon.

PHUKET: Just over 10 years after it first opened, the Central Festival Phuket complex is about to expand onto the third corner of the intersection on which it sits.

The site, where the local Aikwanich family’s Tai Naan restaurant used to be, has now been cleared for the B12.7 billion Central West project, and is expected to be completed “by 2017”.

The complex will cover 300,000 square metres and house around 400 stores. Central Pattana pcl (CPL) told The Phuket News today that anchor stores will include CDS, PowerBuy, SuperSports, Central Food Hall, B2S, EATHAI, World Class Attraction and HomeWorks, all Central brands.

There will also be a convention hall, though no details are yet available, along with an amusement park, an aquarium, a world-class ice-skating rink and “a natural forest”.

CPL said the new complex will be “The masterpiece of Phuket [with] a cutting-edge design: A mega world-class design shopping center from Central Group seamlessly combin[ing] three projects with three different concepts together in the best location on Phuket”.

The complex, it added, will become a “must-visit destination … that will attract tourists from around the world”.

The second phase of the complex, Central East, was created at the end of 2012 in an effort to generate traffic and rentals for the ground floor of what was then Homeworks. Despite the B100 million revamp, it still remains quiet compared with its big sister across the bypass, Central Festival.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/central-reveals-details-of-new-b13bn-phuket-complex-51460.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-18

Do any of the non branded retail shops in these malls make money? When Central opened up I knew a few of the shopkeepers and they didn't last past their initial lease. I think the only one making money here is Central and their selected anchors, while the rest have tough sledding. Kind of like property and bars in Patong, only the landlord really makes money.

Moved to Asia 35 years ago to get away from this kind of crap. It's caught up with me.

You don't have to go into shopping centres, I never do.

And, if they ever open it, there'll be a tunnel to take you straight past the place.whistling.gif