Roi Et Airport Parking?

ryanhull

Hello, I am flying from Roi Et on Friday to return the next day, I want to take the car and leave it at Roi Et airport overnight like I have done previously in Khon Kean Airport however the mrs says that Roi Et as no secure parking and as it only has 1-2 flights per day it will be empty by the afternoon/evening thus making our car easy pickings for someone wanting to steal it on the evening.

I know Roi Et Airport has a big car park as I have been there before however does anyone know if its secure or there is anywhere near by to park over night? has anyone ever left a car there over night?

Cheers all

I was there last week to check things out myself. It appears that the parking is wide open. No gate or guard at the l;ot. There is a guard when you turn off the hiway but that is 2 km away. Not sure if they have anyone there at night but I was a bit leary of leaving my car there over night. Don't think there is any place near by either as it is quite a ways out of towm. It's not Khon Kaen that's for sure

You could maybe park your car at one of the hotels which run shuttles to/from the airport (I know RoiEt City Hotel & Petcharat Garden Hotel do, the other nice hotels like Thaninton probably do as well). Then your car would be parked at the hotel which would be a bit more secure (You'd need to pay for the shuttle to/from though, which I think is 200 per person).

But yeah, I don't know if I'd want to leave my car at the RoiEt Airport carpark overnight either.

You could maybe park your car at one of the hotels which run shuttles to/from the airport (I know RoiEt City Hotel & Petcharat Garden Hotel do, the other nice hotels like Thaninton probably do as well). Then your car would be parked at the hotel which would be a bit more secure (You'd need to pay for the shuttle to/from though, which I think is 200 per person).

But yeah, I don't know if I'd want to leave my car at the RoiEt Airport carpark overnight either.

Good idea. Petcharat have guards 24/7 and a nice size pool. I was there last week for the Roi Et bike show.

I really hope they sort out the parking out at Roi Et because the way things are going at Khon Kaen I don't think it will be very long before there is no room to park there. More and more flights going out of there and the parking building always seems full

I left my car there two times last year - once for a single night and once for three nights. Before doing so, I asked a former student who works there at the Air Asia counter if it was OK, and she said that people do it all the time (note: This makes it neither legal nor officially approved, just good enough for me). When I went, there was a guard in the parking lot. I asked him if I could leave my car there for a few days, and he said to make sure I parked under one of the lights.

If there isn't a guard in the lot anymore, I might be a little more wary of leaving a car there, but I personally don't think it's a high risk place for theft ... It's more of a place I'd worry about getting scraped by another car, attacked by wandering night cows, or abducted by aliens - it's got that special "where the hell are we" vibe, especially the first time you drive down that loooong tree-lined road from the highway.

Thanks for the replies all, I ended up opting for a taxi in the end, I do prefer flying from roi et but the Mrs wouldn't let me leave it overnight... I will consider the option of leaving it at a near by hotel next time as you suggested, our car has been through enough lately what with Leo my dog biting all the panels I can imagine that car park gets very quite on a night

Cheers