What IS a se-xpat, how do you know if you are one, and is it really a bad thing?

infinity11

Oh No, my wife usually leaves me to reserve the table......Is she a sexpat?

What bar did your wife get you out of Costas ?....did you dance on a chrome pole for her ?, how much was your bar fine and how much were the "Costasdrinks" she had to buy you

laugh.png

Me thinks SB has a rather bizarre view of what constitutes the definition of a sexpat

I think you'll find that the expression ,''sex-pat'' refers to the refugees from the Essex girls and their like.

S E refers to sexually easy X refers to moral standards and Pats are normally overweight. In this sense, you cannot tell if 'it' has man-boobs or actual breasts.

Hence the shortened comment Ex-Pats

I actually learned a thing or two and got a few laughs in the process so thanks all.smile.png

(This i need to say as it almost always applies:

There is often if not always one or more who take things a bit too seriously or critically or judgmentally or maybe even personally on TV IMHO, in fact this is one thing i can count on; it is a reflection of the POSTER and no one or nothing else. Thank goodness they are still the exception and not the rule (fingers crossed.)

Is that the nature of all public and free forums?)

(SIGH, note to self: why even bother)

Edited by infinity11
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say it was bad. But it is kind of silly.

Gets really funny when they 'date' them. Then lose all their money to her. Then come on TV, (or others) and cry about it.

It's kinda funny when they parade them around the mall, too.

Last time I was at Paragon to see a film I was amazed with the amount of 50+ year old guys with young Thai girls (most of which looked like they worked down Soi 4) taking them to see a movie.

Who takes a hooker to the cinema?

I think the term really applies to men who exploit citizens of lees developed countries- basically it's cheap and easily available.

What is so refreshing about Thailand is that the working girls have evolved to turn the tide on the exploiters and take the punters for every penny they have- go for it girls

Good point!

Thanks!

Gets really funny when they 'date' them. Then lose all their money to her. Then come on TV, (or others) and cry about it.

who is "they" oh self righteous one?....

you and your colleague seem to be inferring that any male who may be in the company of younger lady irrespective of whether she has come out of a bar or not and may be in a long term relationship despite their age difference is an "Sexpat"

It's not exactly hard to spot a bargirl, is it?

I'll ignore the rest of your reply, because it's just you spoiling for a fight yet again. Slow day?

What is a sex-pats?

Every single man (young and old), whom comes to Thailand alone or with friends (read fellow sex-pats)

Some single women, who like Asian man or woman and go to the bars (alone or with girlfriends)

Couples who come for 3- or 4-somes, usually with younger people.

In all cases an exchange of money, gifts or "future" is offered.

Therefore, about 90% of the tourists (probably lower now the Chinese and Japanese touring bus holidays are here)

Most people will deny they are a sex-pats, because of the negative label, but they still are.

Except for me of course, because I don't have sex with any Thais, just my handcheesy.gif

Edited by ronthai
  • Like 1

Last time I was at Paragon to see a film I was amazed with the amount of 50+ year old guys with young Thai girls (most of which looked like they worked down Soi 4) taking them to see a movie.

Who takes a hooker to the cinema?

So

1.confirmed all guys where 50+ by checking each of their passports did you ?

2. you verified the Thai ID cards of all the "young Thai girls" to confirm they where in fact "young Thai girls" and not Thai women who where in their late 20's or 30's and just looked like "young Thai girls"

3. You confirmed the place of employment with all "young Thai girls" as Soi 4 and there stated profession was prostitution ?

and after doing all this you still had time to watch the movie ? I am impressed whistling.gif

or like other posters you just spouting bigoted stereotypes based on your warped perception of what you believe reality is

and before you kick off, I am not even close to 50 year, so the "old man" or "old fart" lines doesn't apply

My sexpatometer is making noises.

Edited by EmptyHead
  • Like 1

To me, sexpats are normally the ones in denial.

Some have even been known to own out-of-date issues of Hitchhikers Guide and Lonely Planet as disguise props.

Some even travel everywhere on bicycles frowning on people having fun.

Takes all sorts. Hermits are hermits for a reason you know.....................wink.png

I think they certainly tend to delude themselves, as we've seen many times on this very forum. They convince themselves that what they do isn't offensive to some Thai people. That all the other male expats do it to, and any that say they don't are lying. That western women are all hags and Thai women are universally considered the world's most attractive. That what they do has no adverse affect on anyone. Etc etc.

I think they certainly tend to delude themselves, as we've seen many times on this very forum. They convince themselves that what they do isn't offensive to some Thai people. That all the other male expats do it to, and any that say they don't are lying. That western women are all hags and Thai women are universally considered the world's most attractive. That what they do has no adverse affect on anyone. Etc etc.

If you saw a farang Thai couple at the cinema and they appeared as if similar age, would you view them as sexpats (the farang half)?

What is a sex-pats?

Every single man (young and old), whom comes to Thailand alone or with friends (read fellow sex-pats)

Some single women, who like Asian man or woman and go to the bars (alone or with girlfriends)

Couples who come for 3- or 4-somes, usually with younger people.

In all cases an exchange of money, gifts or "future" is offered.

Therefore, about 90% of the tourists (probably lower now the Chinese and Japanese touring bus holidays are here)

Most people will deny they are a sex-pats, because of the negative label, but they still are.

Except for me of course, because I don't have sex with any Thais, just my handcheesy.gif

Sandmans son?,we already know his brother Georgeman,is here.

What does one look like SB ?..., guess I will have to bow down to your extensive experience to provide a definition of what a BG looks like rolleyes.gif

or let me guess its those stereotypes again isn't it coming through ?

so let me guess, a BG wears a short skirt with high heels, she wears make up and her hair done ?

or is there a special tattoo they get done or a secret handshake we need to know about ?

Are these BG's SB ?

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

You really are bored, aren't you?

If you saw a farang Thai couple at the cinema and they appeared as if similar age, would you view them as sexpats (the farang half)?

Who, me?

I'd probably just watch the movie.

What does one look like SB ?..., guess I will have to bow down to your extensive experience to provide a definition of what a BG looks like rolleyes.gif

or let me guess its those stereotypes again isn't it coming through ?

so let me guess, a BG wears a short skirt with high heels, she wears make up and her hair done ?

or is there a special tattoo they get done or a secret handshake we need to know about ?

Are these BG's SB ?

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

You really are bored, aren't you?

and your being evasive as normal I see,

Still waiting... you made a statement that a BG is not hard to spot, so waiting for your words of wisdom and benefit of your experience to us mere mortals of how to identify these creatures in the wild...

• Like 1