What IS a se-xpat, how do you know if you are one, and is it really a bad thing?

infinity11

Pompous much?

deflection again SB ?...

you couldn't have been much good in the University debating club....one suspects you would be red carded and sent off all the time..rolleyes.gif

If you want to talk about what bargirls look like, go start a thread called 'what do bargirls look like'.

In the meantime, lets get this one back on topic, eh?

Here we go again...

post-4641-1156694005.gif.pagespeed.ce.gy

Interesting that some members would rather derail this discussion, isn't it?

yes it is...

Pompous much?

Spoken like a true master.

Bless. You don't give up, do you?

Keep waiting.

We're not compelled to answer your every little question, especially when you're transparently just trying to start an argument like usual .

So when does a sexpat stop being a sexpat?

Say you moved here for the hookers, and eventually married one, settled down, and had kids - but you still pay her some monthly 'pocket money'. Are you still a sexpat?

So hang on supporting your wife financially is wrong,you should not give a satang,i used to give my ex in Australia,most of my wages,to run the house,is that wrong,does that make her a hooker,so what in your view anyone who's supports his wife is a sexpat?

Where did I say any of that?

I was just asking a question.

You were implying it,-'pocket money',is she meant to starve while you large it?

Say you moved here for the hookers, and eventually married one, settled down, and had kids - but you still pay her some monthly 'pocket money'. Are you still a sexpat?

So hang on supporting your wife financially is wrong,you should not give a satang,i used to give my ex in Australia,most of my wages,to run the house,is that wrong,does that make her a hooker,so what in your view anyone who's supports his wife is a sexpat?

Where did I say any of that?

I was just asking a question.

You were implying it,-'pocket money',is she meant to starve while you large it?

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking whether someone in that situation would still be considered a sexpat.

What do you think?

Pompous much?

deflection again SB ?...

you couldn't have been much good in the University debating club....one suspects you would be red carded and sent off all the time..rolleyes.gif

If you want to talk about what bargirls look like, go start a thread called 'what do bargirls look like'.

Seeing as you made the statement you start the topic...you said they were easy to spot... so give TV members the benefit of your extensive experience then ?

yes lets bring it back on topic...you said BG's in the tow of sexpats where easy to spot

If she's still working then yes, you are

Pompous much?

deflection again SB ?...

Seeing as you made the statement you start the topic...you said they were easy to spot... so give TV members the benefit of your extensive experience then ?

yes lets bring it back on topic...you said BG's in the tow of sexpats where easy to spot

Give it a rest.

Ok. But how do we define if/when she stopped working?

Say you moved here for the hookers, and eventually married one, settled down, and had kids - but you still pay her some monthly 'pocket money'arrow-10x10.png. Are you still a sexpat?

If you (foreigner) came to Thailand and had sex with a native, you become a sexpat.

Occupation of native irrelevant.

Marital status of you and native irrelevant.

Sex of native irrelevant.

Number and frequency of sex with natives irrelevant.

Level of incentive (or not) offered to native irrelevant.

Which makes almost everyone on TV (except Soibiker) a sexpat.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking whether someone in that situation would still be considered a sexpat.

What do you think?

Well of course not,i mean unless he is a 'chow shu',which i frown upon,although each to his own,but a man has to support his wife,unless she is of independent means,then sure he only has to support him self,not big on men living off richer women though,Cad's i say.

What do you think?

Well of course not,i mean unless he is a 'chow shu',which i frown upon,although each to his own,but a man has to support his wife,unless she is of independent means,then sure he only has to support him self,not big on men living off richer women though,Cad's i say.

Fair enough.

So at what point did he stop being a sexpat?

Define working,my wife runs a shop and hair salon,that is work is it not.

Give it a rest.

SB mate, please stop with the deflection and we can keep this debate on topic..

my challenge to your statement is on topic as it appears peoples perceptions of what a sexpat actually is based on what people actually see and then apply their own bigoted interpretation of reality

to use your own example

Thai lady XYZ, wears a short skirt/high heels and looks like a BG (how we know this nobody knows) + Male farang accompanying said lady,(age undetermined) = farang must be a sexpat

ergo...how the determination of whether a lady is a BG or not is fundamental in determining whether the male partner is a sexpat or not, ..thumbsup.gif

So very on topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well if you'd read SB's question, you'd see he asked about men marrying hookers.

Are you in that group?

Soibiker do you have a pork chop tied to your neck?

Only asking because I see the dogs are chasing ...again!!whistling.gif

You have a bit of experience being chased, I hear .

But not much experience at being chaste!

(kurtramsbottom - sorry dude. Just couldn't resist the opportunity.)

• Like 2

Fair enough.

When he stop's being a 'chow shu',if he is then i would agree he could still be called a sexpat,i know a few,and whilst i do not judge these fellows, i don't understand why they are sex crazed,so i would say a man who is faithfull to his wife,no,of course,an occasional temptation may arise when he is away from home,maybe working hard,that something could happen,but this would not make a man a sexpat,serial "chow shu's' would be.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well if you'd read SB's question, you'd see he asked about men marrying hookers.

Are you in that group?

Are you?

I think the term really applies to men who exploit citizens of lees developed countries- basically it's cheap and easily available.

What is so refreshing about Thailand is that the working girls have evolved to turn the tide on the exploiters and take the punters for every penny they have- go for it girls

Your first sentence. It applies mostly to fat, ugly, facial haired, tattooed guys with deep pockets who can't score in his one country, even with the deep pockets.

• Like 1

Fair enough.

When he stop's being a 'chow shu',if he is then i would agree he could still be called a sexpat,i know a few,and whilst i do not judge these fellows, i don't understand why they are sex crazed,so i would say a man who is faithfull to his wife,no,of course,an occasional temptation may arise when he is away from home,maybe working hard,that something could happen,but this would not make a man a sexpat,serial "chow shu's' would be.

You mean when he becomes faithful to one woman?

I guess that's an interesting point. He's no longer here 'for the women', but just for one woman.

Give it a rest.

my challenge to your statement is on topic as it appears peoples perceptions of what a sexpat actually is based on what people actually see and then apply their own bigoted interpretation of reality

to use your own example

Thai lady XYZ, wears a short skirt/high heels and looks like a BG (how we know this nobody knows) + Male farang accompanying said lady,(age undetermined) = farang must be a sexpat

ergo...how the determination of whether a lady is a BG or not is fundamental in determining whether the male partner is a sexpat or not, ..thumbsup.gif

So very on topic

This is so true,on a recent holiday in Phuket,my wife donned a short dress and high heels,she looked fantastic,but was worried people would think she was a working girl,i assured her it was okay,and not to worry about the perceptions of small minded people.

• Like 1

Fair enough.

You mean when he becomes faithful to one woman?

I guess that's an interesting point. He's no longer here 'for the women', but just for one woman.

Could be here for any number of reasons,work,retirement,the climate[though i would find that hard to believe],it can happen anywhere in the world.

Give it a rest.

to use your own example

So very on topic

This is so true,on a recent holiday in Phuket,my wife donned a short dress and high heels,she looked fantastic,but was worried people would think she was a working girl,i assured her it was okay,and not to worry about the perceptions of small minded people.

laugh.pngclap2.gif

A sexpat is what most foreigners living in Thailand start their journey of enlightenment as, whether they admit it or not.

Some end up in Pattaya to focus on a life long study and perfection of the art, others move into mainstream normal places and revert back to lives of families and children.

In all it is engaging numerous women, men, katoeys, or a mixture in endless sexual forays in exchange for a contribution to their economic mobility. It is rumoured to be somewhat addictive and is enhanced by beer.

Does your failure to answer my question mean that you DID marry a prostitute?

How would you know?

Assuming you didn't meet her as a customer?

If a man tells you he's married to a prostitute, do you automatically assume he DIDN'T first meet her as a paying customer?