Connection problems.

dddave

This last week I've been experiencing constant disconnects between router and ADSL. If I turn the router off and back on, the connection re-establishes for a while.

When I just tried a Google querie, I received the following message"

"WE'RE SORRY,

but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can not process your request right now."

Does this indicate I've been infected with malware? Is it possibly just co-incidental or probably connected to the router problem."

SYSTEM: True Online ADSL Bangkok. True supplied Zyxel router, Happening on both Chrome and Firefox. HP Pavilion laptop.

Sounds like two issues.

ADSL not staying connected could be cause by a failing router, or issues on TrueInternet's side.

The "We're Sorry" message from Google is due to your request coming from a "shared IP address", caused when TRUE redirects all their customer's outgoing requests through their PROXY SERVICE and Google 'sees' that machine making all the requests.

If either issue keeps happening, contact TrueInternet.

Edited by RichCor

If you have all the router settings ONLY, do a factory reset for the router and try again.

Edit

I found this on another forum.

This post is a helper thread for anyone who is experiencing this message from Google:
We're sorry... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
For the last 2 months, I haven't been able to use Google and have been getting this message ... I thought possibly that my computer was infected with spyware but my MacScan came back totally clean.
I did searches (on Yahoo ugh) to try to find out what could be causing the problem -- I wasn't running any automated queries and didn't find anything that helped. Some suggested to clear my cache, cookies, virus scans, blah blah -- NOTHING WORKED.
And then I figured it out ... On FireFox I had this plugin installed: WebRank Toolbar -- this is a FF addon that checks the ranks of pages you visit -- this plugin was sending Google the automated queries and causing Google to block my IP from searches. I was stuck using Yahoo and Bing for weeks!
When I disabled the plugin, my access to Google was restored! Hooray! :hurray: It was like living in the outhouse for a few months!
Edited by ravip

If you have all the router settings ONLY, do a factory reset for the router and try again.

I would prefer to start with just power-cycling the modem/router (unplug it, count to ten, plug it back in)

Using the RESET button usually is preserved as a last resort.

Every once in a while, especially after electrical issues, the device memory can become corrupted, preventing it from working correctly. A Full Reset would be the only way to get the unit functional again.

As Ravip writes, only use the RESET button if you have a record of the customer-required modem/router settings along with the default IP and User/Pass to access the device and re-enter all the setup data, as the use of the RESET Button can either clear and restart the device (non-destructive) -or- flush the user setting back to factory original and require someone re-enter the configuration data so the device can connect again.

Searching the model number of your modem/router should reveal what reset options it has.

"Searching the model number of your modem/router should reveal what reset options it has."

TRUE, in it's paternalistic wisdom, covers the model number and all manufacturing information with an unremovable sticker so a reset would only be a last resort. I'm actually tempted to buy my own router anyway.

The problem has not happened in the last 2 days so maybe indeed a TRUE problem and not my system.

Thanks to all who replied.