Analysis: Why Israelis chose Netanyahu; not just nationalism

webfact

Still beats Hamas. That's what Israel is dealing with. Rough neighborhood. I respect Israel's decision. I don't live there. They do.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't really mean you respect the decision to continue to oppress 4.5 million people and deny them self-determination.

So Netanyahu got 25% of the vote. One in four Israelis.

It's time to change the system. Only 1 in 4 agree with his policies, yet those are the policies that will be put in place.

NZ has a similar system (MMP, mixed member proportional), and there is deep dissatisfaction with it amongst the people. They tried it out for a few terms, but realised that it just leads to half-measures and an emphasis on politicking rather than doing things. The problem is, the politicians love it as many that wouldn't get a seat under other systems do get seats. I imagine it is the same in Israel...too many politicians worry about their snout in the trough rather than what is good for the country.

It's so very sad that Israel will never flourish while this sort of politics endures.

Sad that Israel will never flourish?

Apparently you have never been there, they have the most vibrant economy in the entire region, other than Turkey, and are baling out the Greeks

You must be thinking of another Israel

And west bank residents are quite happy with the way they live, and wish they didnt have corrupt leaders who steal most of the wealth

Gaza is also a thriving center of life,

It isn't what you see on televisions

I can show pictures on television all day of the slums of Miami or New York and tell a concocted story too, if I wanted to use propaganda to bring in more US, UN, and EU aid money, to steal from the people too

That's all they are doing

They never show pictures of the wealthy areas of Gaza, where the politicians and mafias and drug dealers and gun runners all live in gated communities, but then

Leftist Marxist French lesbians wouldnt have anything to bitch about

Seriously, I was in the home of a French Jewish woman, and all she kept screaming about, was Gaza.....a place she had never been

• Like 2