Claims of torture over Bangkok court attack materialise

webfact

Tjeez, did he have an argument with his legal representative?

Seriously? You know damn well that his legal rep couldn't have done that as he was denied access to legal counsel upon detention, as per martial law procedures.

The injury was either spontaneous or the result of his military captors going to town. Why do you refuse to acknowledge the likelihood of it being suffered while in custody?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tjeez, did he have an argument with his legal representative?

Seriously? You know damn well that his legal rep couldn't have done that as he was denied access to legal counsel upon detention, as per martial law procedures.

The injury was either spontaneous or the result of his military captors going to town. Why do you refuse to acknowledge the likelihood of it being suffered while in custody?

Didn't the chap look allright when he was handed over to the police? Didn't his legal representative get a chance to contact his client?

As only a picture is posted without any context one may speculate till the cows come home, but that's it. Even the odd 'but the army has the name' is not sufficient proof, not even 'but the police always does this'.

Edited by rubl

the article stated in the other thread,

According to Paiboon, over 400 Yellowshirts and nearly 1,000 Redshirts have faced legal action of some sort for their role in protests.

which combined is double the number you mentioned. That number doesn't even touch on other issues like prisoners under or facing LM charges.

And I doubt that he's going to call you up and explain where the numbers come from, but you, on the other hand, might try to find other sources rather than to just insinuate that the numbers are bogus...

But even your number of 700 which dramatically mis-represents what was actually said would still qualify as "hundreds" of political prisoners : a fact which you managed to claim was untrue... even though you never thought it necessary to back up your statement in any way, shape, or form...

Are you really so obtuse as to not understand that facing criminal prosecution is quite different to "political prisoners"? Even if their criminal actions were politically motivated, that doesn't make them political prisoners. How many of them are actually in custody (the prisoners bit)?

are you really so obtuse at to not understand that these are numbers from a Thai person discussing political prisoners in a different article?

PS you may consider this a reply to your last three replies to my posts.

you don't reply to anything, you just troll.

your so-called reply doesn't address a single question posed. Not one.

I didn't expect you to answer any questions, you never do. You're one of the worst kind of trolls on this forum, Polite pretence, fascist viewpoint. by the way, talk about hypocrites, you have all the freedoms anyone can expect in the world today based on an accident of birthplace but you gladly support a military junta which denies the most basic rights to Thai people - including my family and kids, so please take your 'hypocrite' comment and stuff it.

I'll let heybruce play with you... he's already admitted to having a sense of humor that can support your foolishness.

Running out of arguments again, my dear tbthailand?

BTW you're last sentence suggests some sinister ploy to irritate and annoy a well known Dutch uncle. Interesting the suggestion I'm seeing as a threat.

still not responding to any questions, I see....

no surprise, ... and I'm not your "dear" or the "dear" to any fascist troll ...

tank.gif

I didn't expect you to answer any questions, you never do. You're one of the worst kind of trolls on this forum, Polite pretence, fascist viewpoint. by the way, talk about hypocrites, you have all the freedoms anyone can expect in the world today based on an accident of birthplace but you gladly support a military junta which denies the most basic rights to Thai people - including my family and kids, so please take your 'hypocrite' comment and stuff it.

I'll let heybruce play with you... he's already admitted to having a sense of humor that can support your foolishness.

BTW you're last sentence suggests some sinister ploy to irritate and annoy a well known Dutch uncle. Interesting the suggestion I'm seeing as a threat.

So, old thing, how about a proper definition of what is a 'political prisoner' and what his/her crime or alleged crime is that makes him/her/ a political prisoner? Following that a list of who remains would be nice.

So, old thing, how about a proper definition of what is a 'political prisoner' and what his/her crime or alleged crime is that makes him/her/ a political prisoner? Following that a list of who remains would be nice.

you are losing your "agreable-fascist" demeanor, but not withstanding, I will refrain from referring to you as an "old fart" or similar term in response.

so when it comes to defining political prisoners to a troll who doesn't actually give a rat's behind about them, allow me to simply post an example link at which you will find that there are broader and more narrow definitions... therefore you might just go and ask Paiboon which definition he was using when he came up with the 1400 number...

oh, but wait, you don't believe that there are "hundreds" of political prisoners, so that might challenge your personal little reality... could be dangerous. coffee1.gif

you are losing your "agreable-fascist" demeanor, but not withstanding, I will refrain from referring to you as an "old fart" or similar term in response.

so when it comes to defining political prisoners to a troll who doesn't actually give a rat's behind about them, allow me to simply post an example link at which you will find that there are broader and more narrow definitions... therefore you might just go and ask Paiboon which definition he was using when he came up with the 1400 number...

oh, but wait, you don't believe that there are "hundreds" of political prisoners, so that might challenge your personal little reality... could be dangerous. coffee1.gif

I do care about political prisoners and that's why I want a clear description of what constitutes a 'political prisoner'. I do not care too much about real prisoners assuming there's little doubt they should be charged, or when a court already sentenced them for a clear crime. I know there are various definitions and most have their defenders and rejectors.

As for Paiboon's numbers, are you suddenly starting to accept without comment something from an obviously junta controlled organisation?

It doesn't matter what I believe or not, till now we've heard various figures and no definition. Those who were involved in crimes like grenade lobbing, shooting and molesting clearly do not deserve the label 'political prisoner'. LM is a difficult case and often misused, and not just by one side, guestimates have between 24 and 32 of them. So who are the thousands others?

According to Paiboon, over 400 Yellowshirts and nearly 1,000 Redshirts have faced legal action of some sort for their role in protests.

which combined is double the number you mentioned. That number doesn't even touch on other issues like prisoners under or facing LM charges.

And I doubt that he's going to call you up and explain where the numbers come from, but you, on the other hand, might try to find other sources rather than to just insinuate that the numbers are bogus...

But even your number of 700 which dramatically mis-represents what was actually said would still qualify as "hundreds" of political prisoners : a fact which you managed to claim was untrue... even though you never thought it necessary to back up your statement in any way, shape, or form...

Are you really so obtuse as to not understand that facing criminal prosecution is quite different to "political prisoners"? Even if their criminal actions were politically motivated, that doesn't make them political prisoners. How many of them are actually in custody (the prisoners bit)?

are you really so obtuse at to not understand that these are numbers from a Thai person discussing political prisoners in a different article?

So you knew they were irrelevant or completely inaccurate and posted them anyway?

So you knew they were irrelevant or completely inaccurate and posted them anyway?

where did I say they were irrelevant or inaccurate? you are just pulling sxxt out you axx at the moment...

Are you really so obtuse at to not understand that these are numbers from a Thai person discussing political prisoners in a different article?

where did I say they were irrelevant or inaccurate? you are just pulling sxxt out you axx at the moment...

You're right, you didn't say those figures were irrelevant or inaccurate. Of course you accept without doubts the statements of a junta appointed member of the junta controlled CDC.

Still halloween wrote "obtuse as to not understand that facing criminal prosecution is quite different to "political prisoners"". Also the Paiboon statement described in the topic of "Thai Goverment open to amnesty for political prisoners" and only

"told Bangkok Business News that he also supported legal amnesty for protesters of all colors. According to Paiboon, over 400 Yellowshirts and nearly 1,000 Redshirts have faced legal action of some sort for their role in protests."

I could even interpret that as saying to support amnesty for possible political prisoners and even protesters of all colours, 1400 of who face legal action.

BTW my '700 or so' was incorrect as you pointed out, I didn't remember and at 01:15 AM I wasn't looking forward to checking. (that's why I wrote the 'or so'). Paiboon spoke of 400 + 1000.

Edited by rubl

• 3 months later...