Man Pleads for Electricity After 3 Decades of Waiting

Jacob Maslow

post-231994-0-30234000-1426806500_thumb.

Electricity is common all over the world, but one man in Nong Mamong has been waiting for electricity for over 30 years. Payup Rungruang is 73 years old and lives in a small village in the Nong Mamong district.

Living in Ban Nong Kanark, the farmer lives with his kids and four grandchildren. Payup states that he has been without electricity for over 3 decades. He states that he has been waiting for electric to be supplied to his home, but he has not had any success with getting authorities to finally supply power to his home.

Payup grew tired of waiting and contacted local media outlets to help. Instead of the normal flick of a switch that supplies lighting in a room, he and his family have been using oil lamps to supply lighting. Payup grew tired of waiting over the fear that his grandchildren’s studies would suffer as a result of having no electricity.

Over the years, he has contacted local electricity officials to no avail. But all this changed last year when the Nong Mamong district chief, Jerdsak Nin-ubol, conducted a survey of the region. Authorities were ordered to expand power supply coverage to his village and home.

An immediate solution was provided last August when a solar powered generator was supplied to Payup and his family. Unfortunately, the generator has stopped working, leaving him and his family to once again rely on oil lamps for lighting.

Appeals have been made to expedite the electricity expansion as a result.

Payup hopes that his pleas will be heard. Local authorities have stated that they are instructed to expand their services to Ban Nong Kanark, and that work is already ongoing. However, the authorities have not stated how long it will be before Payup and his family will be able to enjoy the luxury of electricity.

tvn.png
-- 2015-03-20

Are you listening Prayut!!!

This is where you should be focusing your efforts -- toward YOUR people. Provide universal power NOW, provide universal garbage pickup NOW, provide better and more roads NOW! Go out into the villages and farms of Thailand and find out what YOUR people need and then do everything in your power to provide it.

This is what a government is supposed to be doing with the tax money they collect...making the lives of all citizens better day by day by providing the infrastructure they need.

I can hardly wait for Costas' reply to your post...

chainarong post # 4

It has taken 30 years for this man to start whinging that he has no electricity, he maybe isolated but not that much , perhaps the area could do with some good educational facilities as well., just a suggestion.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJU78Ly

We do need to remember even now let alone when the poor man asked for an electricity supply line to be installed, one did not complain as ones betters knew what was best for you and in many cases that scenario still applies too

Composed whilst grovelling and touching forelock in total subjection to ones betters.whistling.gif

grovel.gif

• Like 1

In the USA if you are the only possible customer far from the end of the electricity line, YOU pay for the wire to be run to your house. Electricity is not a god given right, it costs money.

Broken generator........... I have in my home a DVD player in my room and provided the identical DVD player to the family room, Thai extended family. Mine still works great; Thai one has been broken so many times it is now beyond repair. Why is that?

I have a pliers that is FIFTY-FIVE YEARS OLD and I still use it often; the new pliers I gave the Thai family last month is now LONG GONE. Why is that?

I say, Why is that? quoting Andy Rooney.

• Like 1

A small gasoline generator costs NEW 10.000 Baht and needs only very little gasoline.

If go with a two stroke diesel instead, you can feed it with all kind of oil, palm oil, old oil from cooking, etc.

I saw low tech solar panel solutions in Koh Lipe: Working

I everywhere see small gasoline generators: Working

In the USA if you are the only possible customer far from the end of the electricity line, YOU pay for the wire to be run to your house. Electricity is not a god given right, it costs money.

Broken generator........... I have in my home a DVD player in my room and provided the identical DVD player to the family room, Thai extended family. Mine still works great; Thai one has been broken so many times it is now beyond repair. Why is that?

I have a pliers that is FIFTY-FIVE YEARS OLD and I still use it often; the new pliers I gave the Thai family last month is now LONG GONE. Why is that?

I say, Why is that? quoting Andy Rooney.

it is because they do not need to treat it properly .... they have water buffalo to buy them new one if theirs breaks 5555

the law is no toilet no electricity

what about me i've been waiting my internet land line for 11 years now...maybe i get in the queue ... how did he do it?

You pay for your own internet line or wait,wait,wait,simple.

The problem with this solar in the home project (which featured in a woman getting an award for it that was reported on ThaiVisa) is that no allowance was made for maintainance. Also the important batteries supplies were standard wet cell auto batteries and we all know how long these last) Solar power needs a special type of battery as it has specific needs.

A small gasoline generator costs NEW 10.000 Baht and needs only very little gasoline.

If go with a two stroke diesel instead, you can feed it with all kind of oil, palm oil, old oil from cooking, etc.

What makes you think he's got 10,000 baht to spare?

It has taken 30 years for this man to start whinging that he has no electricity, he maybe isolated but not that much , perhaps the area could do with some good educational facilities as well., just a suggestion.coffee1.gif

Perhaps you could do with showing some compassion.

What makes you think he's got 10,000 baht to spare?

10.000 for a new one. You can buy a second hand one.

And sure he has a motorbike that costs more.

The problem with this solar in the home project (which featured in a woman getting an award for it that was reported on ThaiVisa) is that no allowance was made for maintainance. Also the important batteries supplies were standard wet cell auto batteries and we all know how long these last) Solar power needs a special type of battery as it has specific needs.

Well I think car batteries would work OK, if you keep the loaded, there is a special electronic to protect them.

But if no one told him......

But beside that, with broken battery he would have electric during the day, enough to load the LED lamps. Also he can take old car batteries from the shop for free. Some only loose power after a couple of days, but will support a few hours in the night. Might be even possible to cut the batteries open and jump the broken cells, if you have no money, but a lot free time.

Well I think car batteries would work OK, if you keep the loaded, there is a special electronic to protect them.

But if no one told him......

But beside that, with broken battery he would have electric during the day, enough to load the LED lamps. Also he can take old car batteries from the shop for free. Some only loose power after a couple of days, but will support a few hours in the night. Might be even possible to cut the batteries open and jump the broken cells, if you have no money, but a lot free time.

No money and lots of free time is not enough. You need the knowledge and have brain engaged.

It has taken 30 years for this man to start whinging that he has no electricity, he maybe isolated but not that much , perhaps the area could do with some good educational facilities as well., just a suggestion.coffee1.gif

From the op - "Over the years, he has contacted local electricity officials to no avail."

Perhaps his is not the only area lacking in educational facilities. whistling.gif

• Like 1

A "solar powered [sic] generator"? What's that?

He/they couldn't afford a cheap 1kW gas-powered generator?

Solar systems are more expensive and complex (although a lot cleaner).

Edited by MaxYakov