Nostalgic TV Shows from Your Childhood....

pgrahmm

I didn't have a television when I was young and my family couldn't afford to get one, when they came out.

So, I feel sooooo much deprived as I haven't watched all these fabulous TV shows.

Don't cry for me.......I had a great life, enjoying with my friends and were able to play, talk and laugh instead of being stuck in front of a telly.

Edited by Costas2008

I didn't have a television when I was young and my family couldn't afford to get one, when they came out.

So, I feel sooooo much deprived as I haven't watched all these fabulous TV shows.

Don't cry for me.......I had a great life, enjoying with my friends and were able to play, talk and laugh instead of being stuck in front of a telly.

Your family finally 'came out'!!!

Ahhh, but in those days we were all out playing most of the time and watched some tv.

Also in the UK they 'closed down' the tv programmes at ? 9 p.m. ? or some such time so all the kids were off to bed early and up ready for school.

If we did not do our school homework there would be no tv at all.

The Goodies and Monkey.

have all season of both and am slowly working my way through them.

When did the series become seasons ?

There is always one semantic cock aint there.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I preferred Buster Keaton to Charlie Chaplin..

My mother used to play the piano in the cinemas to those .

Serious?

5 profile stars and 2 likes for you my friend.

Bill and ben,lamb chop,the wooden tops,noddy,oh ya magic roundabout,miss rosyln in romper room and her magic mirror how she used to spy on me.

not forgeting thunderbirds, sooty n sweep blah blah.

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I preferred Buster Keaton to Charlie Chaplin..

My mother used to play the piano in the cinemas to those .

Serious?

5 profile stars and 2 likes for you my friend.

yeah, seriously.

All the old silent movies she used to play the piano to them.

sometimes when I see those and hear the piano music it makes me wonder what it must have been like. I suppose you had to have some talent to be able to do that.

television obviously made a huge difference to our way of life too though I think many of us still went to the cinema on a Saturday for the matinee.

More on topic, I remember - especially on a Saturday - the streets would empty as Doctor Who started at about 5 or 5-15 in the afternoon. Afterwards we would all be running around shouting 'Exterminate!!' clap2.gif

Everyone used to sing theme tunes from the likes of Robin Hood.

Great days really.

William Tell was another we all watched.

All exciting stuff in those early days for kids.

• Like 1

Now can anyone remember the sixpence ticket price for the Saturday morning kids only cinema shows in the U.K.?clap2.gif

They ran for about two hours if my memory is correct from 10-00 to 12-00 hrs

By god they were crazy bedlam filled noisy mornings, don't know how the cinema staff or we kids either tolerated those shows.l.cheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Our Miss Brooks

Burns and Allen

The Honeymooners/ Jackie Gleason

Ed Sullivan

Jack Paar

Highway Patrol

Dragnet

Elmer the Elephant

Ozzie and Harriet

Father Knows Best

I Led Three Lives

I Love Lucy

My Little Margie

The Stu Erwin Show

Halls of Ivy

Steve Allen

The $64,000 Question

Edited by Suradit69

I wont cry for you. Maybe the fact you never had a telly growing up had an affect on you in some way.

Do you now spend all day on the computer or a phone to compensate ?

I used to finish school go to the park or other place with my mates till it got dark then go home and watch the telly.

Or I would go home watch the telly do homework then go out to play.

I guess having the choice of going out or staying in was all part of the fun.

Trying to put people down because they had something you didn't ? And you complain about people being bitter.

Now can anyone remember the sixpence ticket price for the Saturday morning kids only cinema shows in the U.K.?clap2.gif

They ran for about two hours if my memory is correct from 10-00 to 12-00 hrs

By god they were crazy bedlam filled noisy mornings, don't know how the cinema staff or we kids either tolerated those shows.l.cheesy.gif

We had 7pence at the front and rich kids 10pence at the back, all used to sing a song before the start. Near bonfire night you could win fireworks, no age limit in those days for having them.

• Like 1