Honda 400 Bulldog

moe666

Press Release

OSAKA, Japan, March 20, 2015 - Honda today unveiled the world premiere of the BULLDOG as an exhibition model (concept model) at a press conference, at the 31st Osaka Motorcycle Show 2015.

The BULLDOG promotes a new world of leisure with motorcycles. The model was developed with the concept “Lovable Touring Partner,” and was designed to go beyond the boundaries of conventional leisure motorcycles, to actively enjoy outdoor life.

The BULLDOG’s 15-inch wide-tires and low center-of-gravity realize a low, 730mm seat height, ensuring a solid footing. Its unique robust, yet charming styling undoubtedly brings smiles to the faces of not only riders, but people who don’t usually ride motorcycles.

The liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC inline 2-cylinder 400cc engine has powerful, yet easy to handle output characteristics, realizing a nimble ride in a wide range of environments from urban to rural areas.

The BULLDOG is equipped with a carrier suitable for camping-touring, and features accessory storage on the sides of the fuel tank, which also act as a styling accent.

The BULLDOG, a playful, next-era concept model, will be exhibited at 42nd Tokyo Motorcycle Show from Friday, March 27 to Sunday, March 29 at Tokyo Big Sight.

Hilarious! Another classy design brought to you by the team behind the Vultus.

I am not sure what this bike wants to accomplish. It looks sturdy but without ground clearance and small but fat tires it's kinda a combination of things that dont go well together.

And what's up with the frame around the head lights? It's not a basket and doesnt protect the lights, looks like some people will put a seat for their little children there - a very safe place to be.

But at least the storage compartments on the side of the high tank are an interesting concept that on its own might work.

• Like 2

The Zoomer is a good seller so this will be too. No?

The display at the motor show includes camping gear so it's targeted at the outdoorsman type. Camping, fishing, hunting demographics.

No...... 400 cc twin cylinder too expensive in Thailand.

Hilarious! Another classy design brought to you by the team behind the Vultus.

I am not sure what this bike wants to accomplish. It looks sturdy but without ground clearance and small but fat tires it's kinda a combination of things that dont go well together.

And what's up with the frame around the head lights? It's not a basket and doesnt protect the lights, looks like some people will put a seat for their little children there - a very safe place to be.

But at least the storage compartments on the side of the high tank are an interesting concept that on its own might work.

I also like the storage compartments, that's kind of a cool idea. I think the rack on top of the headlights is supposed to be for extra storage... obviously you can't just set something up there but if you had some bungee cables you could put some bags on there. Same for the small rack on the tail.

So in all, lots of storage so it would be a good bike to take a trip on, but you're not going to do any off-roading with that clearance. And if no off-roading, then why the knobby tires? Just for looks? Plus "400cc DOHC 2 cylinder engine" makes me suspicious this is a sleeved down CB500 engine (so people in Japan with the lower tiered driver's license can use it) which means it will have the price and weight of the CB500 but with less power.

So I guess the target market is "People in Japan without big bike licenses who want to look like rugged outdoorsmen but really just want to do the sort of camping where you ride paved roads to a campsite, park, and pitch a tent."

Seriously? You would consider buying .....this?

I don't think it will sell here at all. Thais have much better taste than that for sure.

And I don't understand how you can compare this with the Zoomer? One is a scooter, the other is ....yeah, what is it?

Edited by OmegaRacer
  • Like 1

I don't think it will sell here at all. Thais have much better taste than that for sure.

And I don't understand how you can compare this with the Zoomer? One is a scooter, the other is ....yeah, what is it?

A Bullfrog ?

A Bullfrog ?

No.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1