suspending Internet while away.........

bangmai

You can do this with 3BB, but it you can only do it for an entire billing period. You also need to pay for it, as normal, but then it will count towards resumption of service. Nice lady at KSK 3BB office painlessly took care of this for me. Gave me a copy of the order. No fees. Something to consider if you are going away, and don't want to pay, or have to start from scratch, when you return.

@Bangmai

"You also need to pay for it, as normal, but then it will count towards resumption of service."

You got me confused here... the idea is not to pay for the period we're away. Also, do we need to provide air tickets as proof and can we do 6 months suspension with 3BB?

Is it pro-rated to the day, or do you have to use entire billing cycles?

We did it about 2 years ago, so I don't remember the exact details. However, I do recall paying a small fee to place the account on "hold" and then we picked it up later as if nothing happened.

bangmai, I, too, was confused with your statement about how you have to continue to pay for your internet as normal while you're away and your answer did nothing to clear the confusion.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic personal remarks removed

Thank you, onthedarkside, for cleaning that up... The confusion seemed to be the posts from robert10 and NancyL.

With regard to working with 3BB, they have been one of the easiest and most efficient in my dealings with many, many isp's in Chiang Mai.

Edited by hml367
  • Like 1

example....billing cycles are the same as the calendar months (in this case), I'm leaving for the entire month of April. Payment is due before April 1, for the month of April. You must pay for April, then request suspension for that month. It will be turned back on, May 1, and you won't have to pay for May.

I'm pretty sure you need a long-stay visa to get the service in the first p;ace, so I doubt there would ever be any plane ticket requirement. There is no extra fee at 3BB, but as stated, it's all or nothing on each billing cycle. In the US; COX would pro-rate to the day, but charge 5 usd per month, while idle.

I am on CAT, paid 9 months but now on month to month. I asked them yesterday that I am going to another country for two or three months and if I could keep the modem and freeze the service. They said no problem when I was ready to leave just come in with my account number and they would freeze it until I got back.

Thank you, onthedarkside, for cleaning that up... The confusion seemed to be the posts from robert10 and NancyL.

With regard to working with 3BB, they have been one of the easiest and most efficient in my dealings with many, many isp's in Chiang Mai.

Yes, just to reiterate, much simpler than dealing with DKRAP or WeenTV....