So you are a bleeding heart in your homeland, you've moved to Thailand & now you want to change it

neverdie

Not look good, can't taste good.

Who the food or the chef???
That's it. Throw the food away and eat the chef ?
But what happened if the Chef looks sh$$t as well???

Or think he can change Thailand by changing it's food...

You rarely see the chef do his or her looks are unimportant.....but you get to know the taste of their food and eventually you will find out if the chef washed his or her hands after they went to the toilet before fingering your fillet.....so to speak.

The chef is powerless to make change.

Your irony detector is right.

My excuse is that I am not a native English speaker.

Please be so kind as to delete "telling", and to replace it by "advising".

No wait.

Rechange "advising" by " mentioning the possibility of".

Just delete it all together. ?

Not into free speech, are we?

You're the one that wants to change it. This and that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is the 3th time that I do not understand a reply of yours.

I am not going to ask you a 3th time to clarify.

Who said that welfare must come from the state?

In Thailand they have strong families, and many expats in fact sponsor Thai families.

Next those sponsors will bash Thais AND Nanny states - in fact, there is little difference.

Are you a frustrated sponsor?

Some people cannot accept conditions as they are right now. I for one as an individual, believe there is always a better way of doing things. For example Making Chili, Traditional way (cook book) Brown the meat off, brown the onions garlic, add the tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato paste, water, chili powder, simmer. ...... My way, throw all the ingredients in a pot, raw meat, onions chopped, garlic tomatoes,kidney beans chili powder, water, heat it up stir frequently, .........comes out the same, looks the same. Takes less time. In fact, being a cook, Chef, I go out of my way to make a variety of meals using the cook book just as a guide, then I modify it incorporating different ingredients to make it different in looks and taste.

But when it comes to Thai cooking,......My wife objects to anything added that isn't with the original recipe. For example banana, coconut milk, sweet rice half cooked wrapped in a banana leaf and stemmed for one hour. I said, hey lets try the same recipe using a ripe mango, with cashews...........She flipped, NO WAY!..........Or a Curry, coconut with white breast of chicken with carrots and Peas.........NO WAY!.........

My wife cooks traditional Thai food, No variation of any sorts. Nothing creative in the thinking mind. And I think Thais as a whole are like that. Their thinking is, "Its been like this for a hundred years, why do you want to change it now?" Could it be Thais have become so uses to things done the traditional way, any other way has got to be an error! Like some kind of disrespect to past generations.

So, in answering to this forum, I don't really want to change Thailand, but rather modify it, enhance it, use creativity to improve the quality, sort of like that TV show, "East meets West. A combine culture coming out through Thai and American cookery. Look at the young generation of Thais, They are getting taller, heavier, I think western foods such as McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and restaurants such as "Dukes" are changing the appearance of the Thais. Its happened in Japan, South Korea, and now here. A simple bowl of rice with a dried up piece of fish, just isn't as appealing as it was 40 years ago.

I'm not a major in the English language, My writing might seem a bit occward, and its inevitable I will make some errors in punctuation and sentence structure, but I'm sure in any event the message is understood what I am trying to imply. I didn't realize this forum is an English 101, I in the future will be careful with words and proper sentence structure.........you have my apologies !

• Like 1

No wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's '3rd'.

Some mothers do have them !

Maybe it is the memory of the sixties - it took us only 10 years to completely change western society.

You mean screw it up.

You sound like the reincarnation of my father.

Could it be you have become your father telling others what they can eat, drink, do, say, act and institutionalizing it through politicians?

Hmmm not very hippy sixties of you. Did you become "the man" which you once despised?

No, I'm a frustrated worker.

I've already worked for my property and income, and now I have to fight again to get it all in Thailand.

Never mind, some more clerks in Germany will get a nervous breakdown or psychosomatic diseases. Maybe some will die a bit sooner, good for pension funds :D

Edited by micmichd

Some people cannot accept conditions as they are right now. I for one as an individual, believe there is always a better way of doing things. For example Making Chili, Traditional way (cook book) Brown the meat off, brown the onions garlic, add the tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato paste, water, chili powder, simmer. ...... My way, throw all the ingredients in a pot, raw meat, onions chopped, garlic tomatoes,kidney beans chili powder, water, heat it up stir frequently, .........comes out the same, looks the same. Takes less time. In fact, being a cook, Chef, I go out of my way to make a variety of meals using the cook book just as a guide, then I modify it incorporating different ingredients to make it different in looks and taste.

But when it comes to Thai cooking,......My wife objects to anything added that isn't with the original recipe. For example banana, coconut milk, sweet rice half cooked wrapped in a banana leaf and stemmed for one hour. I said, hey lets try the same recipe using a ripe mango, with cashews...........She flipped, NO WAY!..........Or a Curry, coconut with white breast of chicken with carrots and Peas.........NO WAY!.........

My wife cooks traditional Thai food, No variation of any sorts. Nothing creative in the thinking mind. And I think Thais as a whole are like that. Their thinking is, "Its been like this for a hundred years, why do you want to change it now?" Could it be Thais have become so uses to things done the traditional way, any other way has got to be an error! Like some kind of disrespect to past generations.

So, in answering to this forum, I don't really want to change Thailand, but rather modify it, enhance it, use creativity to improve the quality, sort of like that TV show, "East meets West. A combine culture coming out through Thai and American cookery. Look at the young generation of Thais, They are getting taller, heavier, I think western foods such as McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and restaurants such as "Dukes" are changing the appearance of the Thais. Its happened in Japan, South Korea, and now here. A simple bowl of rice with a dried up piece of fish, just isn't as appealing as it was 40 years ago.

I'm not a major in the English language, My writing might seem a bit occward, and its inevitable I will make some errors in punctuation and sentence structure, but I'm sure in any event the message is understood what I am trying to imply. I didn't realize this forum is an English 101, I in the future will be careful with words and proper sentence structure.........you have my apologies !

You see. It's so much easier to read with paragraphs in it.

You forget some of us are old.......like mkp and c c.

• Like 1

Could put it up on the chalk board; Mama noodles+crunchy kit kit bar = 99b

Nice. A alternative to the 99 baht breakfast nice ???

well after a hard day, trying to sell used socks and g strings on e bay,what better repast could a man enjoy.

Is that code for selling grindhouse flicks and online gambling and spam

Emailing ?

• Like 2

Dear Daniel,thank you for sharing your cooking secrets with us,very good,but again i strangley feel very sleepy,but good on you,Mate.

Could put it up on the chalk board; Mama noodles+crunchy kit kit bar = 99b

Nice. A alternative to the 99 baht breakfast nice ???

well after a hard day, trying to sell used socks and g strings on e bay,what better repast could a man enjoy.

Is that code for selling grindhouse flicks and online gambling and spam

Emailing ?

Unfortunatley Nd,another poster could be the one too shed light on this ,but he seems strangely absent from the forum of late.

• Like 2

Hell, I'm no spring Chicken, I'll be 68 on the 27th. And for the the other poster, I've been a cook in the Army for 20 years, and a chef for about 5 years.

What is the difference? A cook is paid minimum wage. A Chef is an over paid cook that thinks he is a Chef, acts like a Chef, but is really a cook that understands putting a twig of parsley on a plate increase the eye appeal, and jacks the price of the meal up 50%.

No wait.

It's '3rd'.

Jahwohl herr neverdie.

Maybe it is the memory of the sixties - it took us only 10 years to completely change western society.

Yes - it took you dirty hippies only 10 years to completely ruin Western society.

Proud of yourself, much?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did you loose a daughter to them hippies? Or a wife?

That would explain your post.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I mean lose, not loose, herr neverdie

Edited by nidieunimaitre

No wait.

It's '3rd'.

Jahwohl herr neverdie.

Think we have to work on the German spelling...Jawohl Herr Neverdie would be the right one...

Hell, I'm no spring Chicken, I'll be 68 on the 27th. And for the the other poster, I've been a cook in the Army for 20 years, and a chef for about 5 years.

What is the difference? A cook is paid minimum wage. A Chef is an over paid cook that thinks he is a Chef, acts like a Chef, but is really a cook that understands putting a twig of parsley on a plate increase the eye appeal, and jacks the price of the meal up 50%.

A cook does it for the pay check; a chef due of passion...shortest definition

But for a chef cooking is the smallest of his duties...unfortunately...

Comparable with a wife/ GF or a hooker...

Edited by Crazy chef 1

No wait.

It's '3rd'.

Jahwohl herr neverdie.

Think we have to work on the German spelling...Jawohl Herr Neverdie would be the right one...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

diese verdammte quoten wieder

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ich habe es nicht gewusst - but I think I got away with it.

No reaction from the grammar police so far.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

ha ha ha dude what were you smoking? you did not change a thing, you like to think you did, but the sad truth is you slowed down change, anarchy lite is the pits & no matter how your memory tries to spin it the power of the flower was kinda like occupy wall street peeps here today gone tomorrow.the only change in the whole decade was all about the deaths of 3 great men. and you my fellow expat made no difference at all in the big scheme of things. yep.... bar stool memories are a tad tainted :-)

ha ha ha dude what were you smoking? you did not change a thing, you like to think you did, but the sad truth is you slowed down change, anarchy lite is the pits & no matter how your memory tries to spin it the power of the flower was kinda like occupy wall street peeps here today gone tomorrow.the only change in the whole decade was all about the deaths of 3 great men. and you my fellow expat made no difference at all in the big scheme of things. yep.... bar stool memories are a tad tainted :-)

What about flared trousers,surely they could not have happened without Nids input,and platform shoes,and the Eurovision song contest.