How do we find a new home for our dog?

post-188503-14269940600771_thumb.jpgWe have a Rhodesian Ridgeback X, to give away to a good home but don't know how to. Is there an organisation or network we can contact that will help us find good owners?

Due to circumstances out of our control, we must finally return to Australia but they will not allow any dogs back in from Thailand no matter what. We would gladly take her back with us if we could.

Our dog Bella is 6 years old and originally from Queensland. She is happy walking, going for drives and loves just lounging around with her teddy bears and watching TV. She is a great companion for anyone wanting a loving "inside dog" but she also likes the outdoors. She is happiest when she is by your side. She has always slept inside.

Bella has a fantastic nature and personality and loves being patted and cuddled.

She is de sexed, chipped and had all vaccinations.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Email for more pictures or info.

Responsible pet owners only please.

Many thais would offer a home for your dog,it's a kinda status symbol to them,not to mention they are considered as a reborn parent deceased,but gl and sorry to hear that you are going home.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

beautiful dog she is, I would not 'give' her away to anyone as you never know where she might end up... always charge a small amount just to be sure.

You could try putting on her on www.kaidee.com or www.bahtsold.com plus TV classifieds obviously vetting people to make sure she goes to a good home, if your coming back in the next 6 months or so you could always ask someone to look after her until you do.

What is she like with other dogs?

Good luck

• Like 1

Hopefully the post from brufi works out the best for the beauty of a dog.

One local Facebook group "Chiang Mai Pets For Sale & Give Away" may offer some hope as well...

I would love to have her here on our little 3 rai but the 3 rescue dog residents may not take well to her arrival!

Bella is an "only dog" and doesn't get along with everyone. Having said that, her best friend is a Bassett Hound that she plays with twice a day. She has lived with cats and gets along with them.

post-188503-14270794960503_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

the poor girl will break her heart.

unless they have changed their rules you can take her back via an approved country.

it will take some time and effort but it will be worth it in the end.

so have you thought of trying to get her back with you doing it that way.

• Like 1

Yes, we have investigated taking her back.

To get Bella into an Approved Country, such as Malaysia (I still can't believe Malaysia is Approved with all the rabid monkeys fighting with rabid dogs) we will need to transport her there and go through quarantine for a month or more, Then she will need to go through all the steps to get her to Oz which will take some months. After all that she will then need to be shipped to quarantine in Oz for anything up to six months. She will not be the same dog when she gets out. It is better for her to have a happy home here than put her through many months of hell with no one to pat and love her. Quarantine in Oz means no one is allowed to touch her in her small cage. I can't do that to her.

• Like 1

Yes, we have investigated taking her back.

To get Bella into an Approved Country, such as Malaysia (I still can't believe Malaysia is Approved with all the rabid monkeys fighting with rabid dogs) we will need to transport her there and go through quarantine for a month or more, Then she will need to go through all the steps to get her to Oz which will take some months. After all that she will then need to be shipped to quarantine in Oz for anything up to six months. She will not be the same dog when she gets out. It is better for her to have a happy home here than put her through many months of hell with no one to pat and love her. Quarantine in Oz means no one is allowed to touch her in her small cage. I can't do that to her.

thanks for your reply,pray god that i never find myself in the same situation.

i am the age of,the point of no return and couldnt be away from my boy for 1day.

so lets hope you find her a loving home,if you do maybe you know someone who could check on her from time to time.

my other sugestion you might not approve of.

I find it really sad that when responsible owners of animals have to make the terrible choice of leaving them behind or of putting them through all those quarantine hells.

There should be some sort of new law for that. Like they have in Europe.

And, from what i read, you can take your furry friends to Thailand at great cost (who cares) but you cannot take them back home? How sick is that.

And looking at Bella, so comfy in her home with her cat friend... just breaks my heart.

Send her to me in Europe, i will take good care of her. And that's a fact. She will run and play and swim and get lots of cuddles etc. from lots of people and we shall send you photos of her.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

I find it really sad that when responsible owners of animals have to make the terrible choice of leaving them behind or of putting them through all those quarantine hells.

There should be some sort of new law for that. Like they have in Europe.

And, from what i read, you can take your furry friends to Thailand at great cost (who cares) but you cannot take them back home? How sick is that.

And looking at Bella, so comfy in her home with her cat friend... just breaks my heart.

Send her to me in Europe, i will take good care of her. And that's a fact. She will run and play and swim and get lots of cuddles etc. from lots of people and we shall send you photos of her.

your an angel PATSYCAT.

if ever i need a loving home[FOR ME] you will get lots of cuddles.w00t.gif and thats a fact.

Edited by meatboy
  • Like 1

Hey Chill1, any update on Bella?

hope you find a good home for her, I had a mini argument with the wife earlier about her... shes not having any of it, already got the two goldens but she wont allow me anymore! shame as I would have had her in a heart beat.

Keep us pinned, in the mean time I am asking around friends if they would be interested in offering her a good home.

I'm not an angel. Far from it, but to see animals have to go through <deleted> quarantine it absolutely goes over my head and upsets me.

Why don't all countries come together and get a universal vaccination to give to all animals. And then our loved ones can come with us. Wherever we are. They do it for us and for kids why not for the dogs and cats-

We have finally found a great home for Bella with people that she already knows and loves. We can now rest easy that she will be loved and cared for.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

well done C1 that is a relief.

good luck bella.

now for the worst part,cuddles and kisses,tears but dont look back.

Edited by meatboy