Chinese Tourist Detained Over Fatal Accident in Chiang Rai

Lite Beer

Chinese Tourist Detained Over Fatal Accident in Chiang Rai

BY Khaosod Eng.

14270154081427015482l.jpg

CHIANG RAI - Police have detained a Chinese tourist in northern Thailand who allegedly crashed his car into two motorcycles and killed a 41-year-old woman.

The accident took place on Terng - Chiang Rai road in Doi Lan district of Chiang Rai at around 12.30 pm today. Witnesses said they saw a car with Chinese license plate approach at a high speed, hit one motorcycle on the side of the road, and then crash into another motorcycle before halting to a stop.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1427015408

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-22

Maybe the Chinese tourist is guilty as charges, probably is but perhaps not....

All I can say, after reading all these adverse comments about the Chinese is that I would not step foot in Thailand if I was Chinese. Definitely considered the lowest of the low, by many racists.

All I can say, after reading all these adverse comments about the Chinese is that I would not step foot in Thailand if I was Chinese. Definitely considered the lowest of the low, by many racists.

It sounds as if the Chinese was the racist - racing.

• Like 2

The Chinese are driving on the opposite side of the road to what they are use to. Driving fast in unfamiliar surroundings is only a recipe for disaster. It has nothing to do with Thais.

This has everything to do with thais, its probably the Thais fault for being there.

If the government had not pushed to attract the Chinese then the accident wouldn't have happened.

Being the only country in the area to drive on the left is also the Thais fault

Besides the motorcyclist should have had more amulet's

• Like 1

The Chinese are driving on the opposite side of the road to what they are use to. Driving fast in unfamiliar surroundings is only a recipe for disaster. It has nothing to do with Thais.

This has everything to do with thais, its probably the Thais fault for being there.

If the government had not pushed to attract the Chinese then the accident wouldn't have happened.

YES!!! I also blame the Portuguese, British, and even Marco Polo for attracting others to visit many strange lands on this Earth!!! And don't get me started on Africa!!!

• Like 1

Racists??????? It is the behavior not the race that offends others. Thai people are very polite most of the time. The chineese "tourists" are not.

In the que at immigration to speak to immigration officials, several chineese passport carrying people pushed their way in right to the front ahead of many patient

folung, & japaneese . The chineese were ignored & the polite immigration people served their customers in the order of their arrival. The toilet habits of the chineese

are utterly attrocious. Hotel staff note that while they do crap in the correct room they seldom know where in the room to do their thing.

Hotel rooms are left in what staff call sockaprock mak. Very dirty. As for the driving habits, it is difficult to drive a vehicle with the steering wheel on

the "wrong" side. I personally do not like people who are pushy & arrogant & cant follow proper toilet habits. If that makes me racist , THEN I AM RACIST...

• Like 1

When we were doing our Great North Circular Tour last February, I was surprised to see so many 'blue plates' but reckoned for the most part they drove sensibly apart from a group of 5 obviously traveling together and in a bit of a rush. There was a largish GM crossover type wagon with major nose and arse damage (but still driveable) spotted at Mae Fah Luang. I was even more surprised to see some as far south as Pattaya when we got home so there must have been a big push on driving holidays in Thailand this past CNY.

I sat (and passed!) a driving test for trucks in China back in 1981. If these buggers have to meet the same criteria as back then, whenever you see a 'blue plate' anywhere near you, pull over, stop and say a little prayer.

Maybe the Chinese tourist is guilty as charged, probably is but perhaps not....

Racists??????? It is the behavior not the race that offends others. Thai people are very polite most of the time. The chineese "tourists" are not.

In the que at immigration to speak to immigration officials, several chineese passport carrying people pushed their way in right to the front ahead of many patient

folung, & japaneese . The chineese were ignored & the polite immigration people served their customers in the order of their arrival. The toilet habits of the chineese

are utterly attrocious. Hotel staff note that while they do crap in the correct room they seldom know where in the room to do their thing.

Hotel rooms are left in what staff call sockaprock mak. Very dirty. As for the driving habits, it is difficult to drive a vehicle with the steering wheel on

the "wrong" side. I personally do not like people who are pushy & arrogant & cant follow proper toilet habits. If that makes me racist , THEN I AM RACIST...

Thanks. I imagine you are correct about the Chinese behavior. It just rankles me that TAT encourage Chinese tourists although they are unpopular.

I would definitely not holiday in a country where I am not welcome. IMO all Chinese tourists will be/are all 'tarred with the same brush' regardless.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Careful now axact. You're likely to make a hole in your cheek if you poke your tongue at it any harder. :)

From the position of the vehicle it appears that he might have still been driving on the "China" side of the road.

Note to earlier poster - Malaysia (next-door neighbour) also drives on the left.

Add to his that many of these cars coming across the border are rentals so the driver is also not familiar with the vehicle (and may not have much driving experience)...

It was only a matter of time before this would have happened....

I would place some blame on the Thai powers that be for letting these cars cross the border unregulated...

and by everyone else

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not quite right about left hand drives in region, list of countries in the region of Asia as follows

Singapore

Indonesia

Hong Kong

Malaysia

Burma

Japan

India

Bangladesh

Pakistan

Nepal

Sri Lanka

And of course more in other regions

From the position of the vehicle it appears that he might have still been driving on the "China" side of the road.

Note to earlier poster - Malaysia (next-door neighbour) also drives on the left.

Singapore also

Must be Thai, not Chinese.

A lot of guest houses in Nepal say they're full when the Chinese come a knocking.Apparently 2-3 jump up and down on the bed to check it out then bargain hard on already cheap prices.Pity,cos a lot of the women are cuties and i would like to offer my services as a guide but my mate shows them the door.Indians are disliked even more and i can see why,treat the Nepalese like crap,disgraceful.