Quality Outdoor Patio Furniture

vision2014

I bought an outdoor table and chairs at Index 18 months ago and the chairs are in the final phase of self destruction. I am looking to buy high quality outdoor furniture set consisting of a table and 2 to 4 chairs (in the 20000 to 30000 Bhat range) but I am not aware of a store in Pattaya. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks

try the better wood shops in Theppasit - good selections from both Wood R Us and MaiThai

FYI - a few years ago I bought 2 patio sets from Homepro and they too fell apart ("it's the way you used them" was the response) . After emailing all the Board I immediately got 50% back and not a credit either!

• Like 1

Best thing for outdoor furniture is to buy a set made of wood. Bought a nice set (2 chairs, 2 benches and coffee table made out of #1 wood ...so my wife tells me....and it weighs a ton) for 15,000 baht. Also bought a cheaper set (lighter weight wood) for 7,000 baht.

Bought here in Rayong ... a weekend market at Home Pro parking lot.... at a furniture stall. Pattaya probably has the same type of store. Just look for a big shop with all the heavy wood furniture (tables, gazebo's, beds etc.)

Also if you want to dress them up a bit you can buy cushions for them ..

Hope this helps....good luck.

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 2

I've seen some good looking hardwood garden furniture in the area in front of Homeworks on Sukhumvit road. Also, the last shop on the left hand side as you walk up to Homeworks from the carpark, has some distinctive looking wrought iron (antique style) garden furniture outside. Prices are around the range you are looking for.

I bought a set of hardwood garden furniture 8 years ago from a place opposite the floating market (of course, the floating market wasn't there at that time, but the furniture shop is still there). The furniture is still going strong - kept under a sala roof and treated with teak oil once or twice a year.

• Like 1

I am looking to buy high quality outdoor furniture set consisting of a table and 2 to 4 chairs (in the 20000 to 30000 Bhat range) but I am not aware of a store in Pattaya

I'm also not aware of such a shop in Pattaya. Actually I'm not aware of a shop anywhere where you can buy the mentioned items in high quality for the price you quote. May be it's an utopia.

I am looking to buy high quality outdoor furniture set consisting of a table and 2 to 4 chairs (in the 20000 to 30000 Bhat range) but I am not aware of a store in Pattaya

I'm also not aware of such a shop in Pattaya. Actually I'm not aware of a shop anywhere where you can buy the mentioned items in high quality for the price you quote. May be it's an utopia.

Several posts above give the names of places where you can get good quality furniture. I'm guessing the OP purchased the furniture with the plastic rattan wrapping. If left in the sun, it won't last long. We've got a set that's now 4 years old and looks brand new. Gets used every day, but it's not in the sun. We got it at Chok Chai on Suk. Also got 2 loungers there that recline and have webbing. Going strong after 5 years, but not in the sun.

We got a very nice patio table and chair set from that place in front of Homeworks next to Big C near South Pattaya Road. Going great after 5 years.

There's a place on North Pattaya right near Suk, South side of the road, that at times has some interesting furniture.

For great deals and a great selection, go to the furniture area near Chatcuchak market in Bangkok. Prices are almost the same as you'd get in the areas surrounding Chiang Mai.

But as Anthony mentions, we don't have a great choice here in Pattaya. And the prices are higher than in Bangkok.

• Like 1