Obtaining Motocycle license

NoBrainer

OK so can anyone tell me this please

I allready have a valid Thai Driving license for a car.

If I want to add a Motorcycle license what is the procedure?

Do I need to do the written test again (which has recently been made much more difficult)?

Or do I just need to pass the Eye / Color exam, and perform the riding test?

Thanks for any info

You have to do EVERYTHING again - residence certificate, medical. In Pattaya, you have to go to the motor registry and make an appointment for the test. I had to wait 2 weeks. On the day, you are given a riding test - fairly simple. BUT ... you are made to come back the next day for the exam (this is Pattaya - don't know about elsewhere). Exam is multiple.choice ... lots of holes in it.Beforehand, you watch a looooong video .. up to 3 hours. Take a pen and paper and jot down various rules - hopefully, some of those rules will correspond with the exam :).

yep yep. I remember my questionnaire was filled with questions about driving tanks, I reckon some of them were even asked multiple times (same question, different wording).

that video is long, 3 hours seems about right. I failed the driving test first time because I was told to not drive faster than 10km/h on the line, I was told I'd fail if I went over and was looking too much at the odometer (which started at 20) and touched the ground

had to wait 7 days to redo it, when I went back the 2nd time there were other thais doing it. they went way over 10, I was annoyed and I did too and it was much easier not to worry about speed (if you aren't used to it, don't try that on first gear)

everything worked that time..

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/803714-thai-drivers-license/

posted info on this ( for udon thani ) a little while ago.

search TV for Thai driving test .........you will find link to CORRECT answers to practical test questions( in english & Thai)

My understanding is that you will have to THE WHOLE process again.

OK so can anyone tell me this please

I allready have a valid Thai Driving license for a car.

If I want to add a Motorcycle license what is the procedure?

Do I need to do the written test again (which has recently been made much more difficult)?

Or do I just need to pass the Eye / Color exam, and perform the riding test?

Thanks for any info

I was in the same exact position as you a few years ago. New eye test, color test, reaction test, written exam, and road test. Plus medical certificate. Can do it all in one day in Bangkok if you get there early enough.

You can actually avoid the written test and road test if you have a valid international motorcycle driving license from overseas that you can present to them.

I got my 5 year (full) car license last week in Sakon Nakhon. As crazy as it is, I still had to do the full test again the following day for the bike license. Multi choice questions are very ambiguous.

"In an effort to improve the safety on its roads, Thailand has introduced tougher tests for obtaining a license. Effective since June 1st, 2014, the new tests will have 50 questions, instead of 30 questions for the old tests. In order to pass, drivers will need to answer at least 45 questions out the 50 correctly, which means a passing grade of 90%, instead of 75% for the old tests."

Have a look here...... http://driving-in-thailand.com/tougher-tests-for-the-thai-driving-license/ Three sets of test questions.

Study, study, study. Good luck.

Mal.