How Did You Met Your Mr. Right?

Espada

Like I as on the topic. How do you meet "Mr.Right"? :D

I know there are many gay dating website on the internet. But are they trustable? Don't wanna make trouble but I just suspicious. Please share with me if you ever date a guy from website (do they look like what they said on profile?). :o

Many thanks, (I'm not ganna go wild dating or searching for Mr. Right but I would like to learn from you.) :D

I know there are many gay dating website on the internet. But are they trustable? Don't wanna make trouble but I just suspicious. Please share with me if you ever date a guy from website (do they look like what they said on profile?). :o

Many thanks, (I'm not ganna go wild dating or searching for Mr. Right but I would like to learn from you.) :D

hi! i met my "mr. right" in a chat room on gay.com. i was lucky, i happened to be on that day at the right time. call it fate. i made it very clear from my bio, that i was looking for only a friend and no sex. my profile is current with a current, decent photo ( if someone's photo is only of his c**k, bu**, or any other nud_e body part and no face pic, move on!) . no need to lie, because they'll eventually find out the truth when you do meet. finding "mr. right" in a chat room is almost impossible. most are looking for sex that night. but, it is just 1 way of being proactive in meeting someone. we chatted that day for an hour and not once was sex mentioned. make a long story short, we met later that year and we're still chatting/phoning almost every day. if you're a good judge of character, you'll know soon enough if you want to meet that person. good luck! :-)

alas. have got no time to look for mr right. am wayyy to busy with work and social obligations to go husband hunting. but as wot i said, if it happens, it happens.

im on some gay dating/hookup websites but im just there for quick no-strings attached hookups. no fuss, and convenient. and i look like my pic anyway. hahahah!

gabriel is lucky to find his mr right on gay. com cos the majority will only find mr right-now.

anyway. why are you so adamant in finding yr mr right anyway, espada? getting attached is not everything. there more to life than getting a boyfriend. quit actively looking for one and youll end up with mr second-best and u will NOT want that.

what exactly are u looking for in a guy anyway, bro? ive got loads of single frens who are available. :o

b

Edited by boybrat

hi! i met my "mr. right" in a chat room on gay.com. i was lucky, i happened to be on that day at the right time. call it fate. i made it very clear from my bio, that i was looking for only a friend and no sex. my profile is current with a current, decent photo ( if someone's photo is only of his c**k, bu**, or any other nud_e body part and no face pic, move on!) . no need to lie, because they'll eventually find out the truth when you do meet. finding "mr. right" in a chat room is almost impossible. most are looking for sex that night. but, it is just 1 way of being proactive in meeting someone. we chatted that day for an hour and not once was sex mentioned. make a long story short, we met later that year and we're still chatting/phoning almost every day. if you're a good judge of character, you'll know soon enough if you want to meet that person. good luck! :-)

I met my life partner at a cabaret show. She was one of the featured ladyboy performers and I sent her a note telling her how much I enjoyed her performance. She joined me later for a drink and we have been inseparable ever since. Was I lucky? Of course. But I knew a good thing when I saw it. I was also very fortunate to meet a great lover on OutPersonals.com. Our relationship lasted several years and we remain good friends until this day.

Edited by farang prince

My experience mirrors jdinasia. Granted I spent hundreds of hours in the weeding out process and was very lucky.

When you compare any chat room experience to the real world of dating or random encounters, it is far more efficient and very inexpensive.

I am old enough to have advertised for lovers in gay newspapers, before chat rooms, and it is shocking, some times. to meet someone who looks good on paper and is nothing like the picture or description in reality.

Lies about age is only the start.

My mate now, five years and growing ever stronger, aged ten years during the first two weeks we were together. But then again, so did I. I was delighted with the reality and so was he.

I also think that if you are not a "cookie cutter" "hottie" between 20 and 35 and are looking for a mate many years your senior or junior, chat rooms are expotentially more effective.

Clearly identifying your own characteristics, as opposed to making your choice too selective, ie. your "iso", works better in weeding out those who are looking for something else.

My Thai's tag line was "looking for older" and I certainly made it clear I was looking for someone younger.

For those age nazis in this forum, I offer this true life spa experience.

I was in a "bathhouse" in the U.S. and was about to pounce on a stunning Marine about 20 who was incredibly built, I was 60 at the timemand is top gym shape, when an incredibly old and schriveled man, at least 80, chatted up this physical adonis with an offer for a "massage". Off they went to a private room. The oldies skin hung down from his biceps like roman shades. He was really decrepit.

A hour later the Marine came out of the room and went to the dry steam room where I joined him and commented "If your interested in a good massage I am the best and a lot stronger than that old guy"

His reply to that was "You don't believe that was a massage going on in there, do you?

I then offered myself to him, "if you like older guys". His reply "Your much too young for me, I like them over seventy, the older the better".

I learned then, from this life experience that it takes all kinds and the chat room or dating services is the most effective way to put yourself out there and make yourself known to the most people with the least effort.

Once you find someone that wants what you have, then the work really begins, as it does on any meeting, to find out if he is acceptable to you.

Its amazing how you learn certain questions to ask chatters who say they are looking for a "LTR" when they are not. Likewise, on money issues, fidently issues and the like. It is difficult to hide your true self after long conversations, whether in person or on the internet.

PM me if you want more details or would like to discuss this subject with me further.

Gay.com worked for me!

and boybrat ... i thought you only wanted OTHER people's husbands?

i do sleep with other people's husbands, but not exclusively. i shall not dwell on this anymore.

jd: move on. get off yr so called moral high horse. u have yr priciples, i have mine. leave it at that.please, get out of my hair.

u are starting to annoy.im playing nice. u should too.

Edited by boybrat

JD - we single guys have it hard. Very hard. Why blame us if some married/unsingle guy demands/insist on riding on our ponies?

gay.com/chatrooms are very tedious. All that arrangements/efforts spent on hooking up. And people generally do NOT look like the photos they sent. I was expecting a Stephen Colbert. Not Barry Manilow.

Met some Mr Rights in saunas. Its amazing how many gems you can find in the dumpster.. :o

alas. have got no time to look for mr right. am wayyy to busy with work and social obligations to go husband hunting. but as wot i said, if it happens, it happens.

im on some gay dating/hookup websites but im just there for quick no-strings attached hookups. no fuss, and convenient. and i look like my pic anyway. hahahah!

gabriel is lucky to find his mr right on gay. com cos the majority will only find mr right-now.

anyway. why are you so adamant in finding yr mr right anyway, espada? getting attached is not everything. there more to life than getting a boyfriend. quit actively looking for one and youll end up with mr second-best and u will NOT want that.

what exactly are u looking for in a guy anyway, bro? ive got loads of single frens who are available. :D

b

thanks boybrat! well, i'm just a gay guy who nosesy, bossy and naughty sometime (ah...just kidding) well, i know that i almost impossible to sit and wait for right man at home. that's why i must come up with a new idea finding Mr. Right (have you ever watch "The Bachelor Show?" something like that. i know life is more than just have boyfriend. but don't you wanna have someone special in your life? someone you can rely on, hugs, cuddle, kisses (oh...too much details). whatever, have you have b/f yet brat? (sorry, boybrat :D )

i'm afraid that all you friend can not handle me. :o:D:D thanks

I met my life partner at a cabaret show. She was one of the featured ladyboy performers and I sent her a note telling her how much I enjoyed her performance. She joined me later for a drink and we have been inseparable ever since. Was I lucky? Of course. But I knew a good thing when I saw it. I was also very fortunate to meet a great lover on OutPersonals.com. Our relationship lasted several years and we remain good friends until this day.

interesting! you're brave to send her a note :D

well, we all know that someday it will end up like: we are good friend now. but i do like sweet part!

what exactly are u looking for in a guy anyway, bro? ive got loads of single frens who are available. :D

b

thanks boybrat! well, i'm just a gay guy who nosesy, bossy and naughty sometime (ah...just kidding) well, i know that i almost impossible to sit and wait for right man at home. that's why i must come up with a new idea finding Mr. Right (have you ever watch "The Bachelor Show?" something like that. i know life is more than just have boyfriend. but don't you wanna have someone special in your life? someone you can rely on, hugs, cuddle, kisses (oh...too much details). whatever, have you have b/f yet brat? (sorry, boybrat :D )

i'm afraid that all you friend can not handle me. :o:D:D thanks

u reckon? have HAD partners before, bro. and honestly, being in a relationship is nothing special. have dated lots of guys, both farang and asians. been in what 3? 4? relationships in the past...

i think they can handle you easily. tho i dont think you can handle them. they are my very close friends BUT they can be vicious. VERY vicious. but they are cute! and no. i havent sllept with any of them. ok.TWO of them but so what if i had slept with them before. its not like nobody has every slept with YOU. cos im sure u are no virgin yrself. *hiss*

(that was not a bite. i CAN bite. that was just a loving nibble! :D:D:D )

Edited by boybrat

JD - we single guys have it hard. Very hard. Why blame us if some married/unsingle guy demands/insist on riding on our ponies?

gay.com/chatrooms are very tedious. All that arrangements/efforts spent on hooking up. And people generally do NOT look like the photos they sent. I was expecting a Stephen Colbert. Not Barry Manilow.

Met some Mr Rights in saunas. Its amazing how many gems you can find in the dumpster.. :D

AMEN! well said my wise friend!

its funny cos i do have possible candidates who want to be my boyfriend. but usually the problem lies with me. i dont know if i want to be their boyfriend.

im not actively looking for a partner, but i do know exactly what im looking for and those guys are not it. :o

its not like i CANT get a boyfriend. its cos i DONT WANT a boyfriend....till the right person comes by, that is. hahaha!

I met my love in a gay chat on IRC, before gay.com was even thought of I think. Atleast I didn't know about it or use it at the time.

5 Years later, still together, still happy with and about each other and with very long term plans firmly in place.

Fate had it that he was home from school and I was off sick from work. :o

Edited by Considered Opinion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Mr Right is out there. If you want to find him, you just have to look in the right places.

I have 2 Mr Right's at the moment. My Thai BF is 22. We met at a Pattaya bar and he started chasing me. thought it was going to just be a 'holiday romance' - all over in a matter of weeks, but we are still together nearly 3 years later.

I am happy to report he arrived in Australia two hours ago on a 3 month Tourist Visa.

My other Mr Right is my Thai 'son.' He is 30 years ago age and works for a government department in Bangkok. We have been friends for 2 years - just chatting on MSN Messenger. I finally met him for the first time earlier this money as he took time off work to help my BF with the paperwork for his Visa.

Peter

Hey peter, you were in the airport, and a few days later, back out again. Congratulations on not getting shot in the airport! And by the way, I suspect that you meant that you met Mr. Right #2 earlier this month, not this money...........:o

Who says that "Mr. Right" is a singular noun? Could it be collective, or plural?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys - I will work on a step-by-step 'Guide to Getting my 22yo, unemployed, ex-Pattaya barboy a 3 months Tourist Visa to vacation in Australia' over the next few days and post here.

BTW - Mr Right #2 would be an excellent catch. Really nice genuine guy.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :o

In around march-april 2000 i met this guy in a Singapore-based IRC chat channel, over time (he was working part-time only here, i was working early hours in Germany, so we were free to chat for hours each day) we fell in love. We exchanged pictures, had the occasional phone conversation...... sent letters (the real, paper ones) and i decided to move to Thailand.

Risky, but worked. I quit my job in Germany, sold my car, packed my computer and some clothes and got to Bangkok in december 2000 on a one-way ticket (with 19 hours delay during which i needed to let him talk to airline staff to verify that REALLY the aircraft was unable to fly, as he was at the Bangkok airport waiting and thinking i had changed my mind! Qantas didn't have a spare aircraft for the one that had the problem....) However when i got here, he was there to pick me up, and brought me to the apartment he rented a week earlier...... and since that day we have been together, staying at that same place still :D

He has never been a "bar boy" or similar, and only a month ago our relationship was finally brought into the open to his parents who knew that he lives together with a farang but didn't know what kind of relationship we have....... he is 2 1/2 years younger than me and we have almost identical interests, apart from the fact that he is a TV addict (television, not Thai Visa) and i love to mess around with my old motorbike :D

So for me, the internet DEFINITELY worked.

Kind regards......

Thanh

I met my Mr. Right at Babylon about a week into my first visit to Thailand. He stood silently next to me, and I couldn't believe such a beautiful man didn't rush off when I looked at him. We started talking. I am his first boyfriend. I didn't quite believe this after what friends had told me about Thai men (they all lie, they all have a dozen farang boyfriend whom they fleece for money). He said he had not had sex with anyone in a sauna before. He was only looking for someone to talk to. We talked for two hours, and spent the next few weeks together. My American boyfriend was not happy that I had fallen in love with a Thai man. He came to Bangkok for a few weeks, and forbid me to see my Thai man. I snuck off to see him once anyway. Long story short, I stuck with the Thai boyfriend and eventually broke up with the American, who remains a close friend. I have been with my Thai man for a year and a half now.

I think Mr. Right can be almost anyone who I spend enough time with to develop a relationship. I have met two previous lovers at sex parties, stayed with one for 8 years and one for 10 years. My friends ask me how I am always in a relationship. I suggested that they pick the next man who they fancy and "practise" relationship with them. It is not a failure if it only last a month, or a year, or 10 years. One of my friends recently thanked me, saying he had the first relationship in his life after hearing my advice. I also think that being in a relationship is as much about dealing with yourself and your own feelings as it is about relating to the other person.

:D Met person Right who has not Left, after two years we are happy and contented, glad I

needed to eat that night and went to Balcony, yes the bar, but I was ready for a partner...

had spent 5 years in Chiengmai not wanting a partner, then when one least expects, was

tapped on the shoulder by an Angel who is now my best friend, partner, lover, etc....and

fortunately, politically, he is not at all Right, same world view helps cohese such relationships.

I think the secret of love is the small moves closer to one another each day, and thankfully

they continue by the hour. :o Dukkah