Swimming pool chlorine

maccastime

Good afternoon.

Could any kind members advise me on where i can buy decent chlorine in the Hua Hin area.

I have been using Acuchlor 90g

tcca 90% trichloroisocyanuric acid 90% available chlorine.

It comes out of China i am told,i go through a fair amount of this Chlorine,just wondered if there was a better granule product about.

Many Thanks.

If you ever get up to Bangkok try "Pool & Spa" on Thanon King Kaew (which runs parallel with the main Swampy runway and the Eastern stretch of the Bangkok Ring Road (Highway 9: Kanchanapisek Road). The owner told me he was the biggest importer of Chlorine in Thailand and his warehouse seemed to back that up. I posted more details on this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/553064-pool-supply-shops-in-bangkok/

Depends what a fair amount is....how big your pool is.....and if its you taking care of it.....as pool services have been known to steal it and resell it......test your own water and if worse comes to worse buy a small pack and monitor it.

Edited by NickJ

If you ever get up to Bangkok try "Pool & Spa" on Thanon King Kaew (which runs parallel with the main Swampy runway and the Eastern stretch of the Bangkok Ring Road (Highway 9: Kanchanapisek Road). The owner told me he was the biggest importer of Chlorine in Thailand and his warehouse seemed to back that up. I posted more details on this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/553064-pool-supply-shops-in-bangkok/

Thank you for this info if i cant get what i am after here i will check out this place in Bangas.

Depends what a fair amount is....how big your pool is.....and if its you taking care of it.....as pool services have been known to steal it and resell it......test your own water and if worse comes to worse buy a small pack and monitor it.

It is only a very small pool 5x3 mtres yes i am taking care of the pool,but just seem to be adding 3 or 4 cups after 3 days,have spoken to other people they have advised to get better chlorine,will await email reply from the info given on here,

Many thanks

We stock a very large range of chlorine products in various shipping quantities. Most of the chlorine for pools is imported from China but we also stock Nissan from Japan because customers demand it by brand. It is slightly more expensive but we have not noticed any perceptible difference in performance.

It is only a very small pool 5x3 mtres yes i am taking care of the pool,but just seem to be adding 3 or 4 cups after 3 days,have spoken to other people they have advised to get better chlorine,will await email reply from the info given on here,

Many thanks

I think you should look at other causes, because as Swimming pools thailand says, most chlorine come from China and they are equally same.

First of all you should add chlorine daily, not every now and then, because that way you promote the creation of combined chlorine.

A pool of your size would need maximum about 30 grams of 90% chlorine daily depending on the season, so 3 cups every 3 days seems way to much and indicates a problem with your water balance.

If you have algae in your water, which can be invisible, your chlorine levels will be depleted rapidly. You get algae in the water because the level of combined chlorine is too high. There is no way to test the level of combined chlorine with the standard test kits you get with your pool installation.

The best way to check is to test the chlorine level at sunset, then test it again before sunrise. If there is a difference in level it indicates the problem is with your water balance

The only way to get rid of that is to shock your pool correctly, which can not be that difficult to work out with a pool of your size.

Edited by Anthony5

Many thanks

I think you should look at other causes, because as Swimming pools thailand says, most chlorine come from China and they are equally same.

First of all you should add chlorine daily, not every now and then, because that way you promote the creation of combined chlorine.

A pool of your size would need maximum about 30 grams of 90% chlorine daily depending on the season, so 3 cups every 3 days seems way to much and indicates a problem with your water balance.

If you have algae in your water, which can be invisible, your chlorine levels will be depleted rapidly. You get algae in the water because the level of combined chlorine is too high. There is no way to test the level of combined chlorine with the standard test kits you get with your pool installation.

The best way to check is to test the chlorine level at sunset, then test it again before sunrise. If there is a difference in level it indicates the problem is with your water balance

The only way to get rid of that is to shock your pool correctly, which can not be that difficult to work out with a pool of your size.

Many thanks for this info,yes did have a slight bit of Algae,but sorted that out,water is crystal clear,but will test water as you say am and pm and see if it is the same.

Thanks again.

Many thanks

Many thanks for this info,yes did have a slight bit of Algae,but sorted that out,water is crystal clear,but will test water as you say am and pm and see if it is the same.

Thanks again.

Take note that I said PM and AM, and not the other way around.

We stock a very large range of chlorine products in various shipping quantities. Most of the chlorine for pools is imported from China but we also stock Nissan from Japan because customers demand it by brand. It is slightly more expensive but we have not noticed any perceptible difference in performance.

Many thanks.

Final outcome re my pool,tested the water at p.m and a.m chlorine gave a slightly lower reading,went along to JDL pool shop here in Hua Hin,no 20kg pool chlorine? she says have 50k/g...when i check they are tablets....grrrr ended up buying 5/g buckets to try brand is Poolchlor,trichloroisocyanuric acid,tcca 90 g p t.

Ingredients state trichloro-s-triazinetrione 98.4% 90% available chlorine..Maybe it will be a better chlorine?

Now i have shocked the pool,ran the filter for 8 hours,chlorine level is high now as i expected,however ph was low,now have given a good dose of

ash,pool looks better than ever.

• 11 months later...

Pool&Spa in KingKaew Rd near the airport in not the largest importer of pool chlorine in Thailand. While it is probably undeniably true that they are the largest general importer of pool products the brands of chlorine they import are Nissan and Poolchlor. They distribute much more Poolchlor brand than Nissan. That said, the most widely sold brand that can be seen in most pool shops is Acuchlor which Pool& Spa do not distribute.

Poolchor is the superior product and this is reflected in the price.