Thai Wife Makes Mistake... Should I Be Disappointed?

Gumballl

:o I am in middle of trying to apply for a US visa for my spouse, and everything is on track... except for the latest blunder.

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I sent my spouse (who is in LOS) a form to sign. I just received it back from her today. It turns out that she has signed the form in the wrong place... I mean way off from where it should have been signed.

I have several choices:

1) Be content, and forward the form to US immigration folks and take my chances;

2) Bark at my spouse because her lack of attention;

3) Repeat the process again by sending her the form to sign, and smile like a Thai and whisper "mai pen rai" over and over again to myself.

How would you react if this were to happen to you?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o I am in middle of trying to apply for a US visa for my spouse, and everything is on track... except for the latest blunder.

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I sent my spouse (who is in LOS) a form to sign. I just received it back from her today. It turns out that she has signed the form in the wrong place... I mean way off from where it should have been signed.

I have several choices:

1) Be content, and forward the form to US immigration folks and take my chances;

3) Repeat the process again by sending her the form to sign, and smile like a Thai and whisper "mai pen rai" over and over again to myself.

"the latest blunder" .... you have experienced at least one more before this, right.

1. No

2. No, under no circumstances do that, if I get a form to sign that is in Thai, they usually put a little 'x' where I should do it or point to the spot from across the desk.

3. If that is the only option remaining then yes.

But is that the only option remaining?

I would call you a sad <deleted> for asking stupid questions

lez

don't beat around the bush Lezzer, say what's on your mind mate :D:D

what would you say?

the "man" is asking the world what to do about his wifes mistake sorry SPOUSE.

what sort of thick (person) okay his SPOUSE made an error I stand by what I said.

######ing troll now is that better :D:o

I have several choices:

Repeat the process but explain to her that she has to sign on the right place the next time....tell her also that the last signature was on the wrong Place and this is why everything is delayed (in a friendly tone). If she understands about the wrongdoing she will probably be very sorry about this.

it's just Paperwork.....not Life itself ,

rcm :D

My fiancee burnt 1% of my toast the other day.

1. Should I just eat it anyway

2. Should i tell her she cant cook for crap and tell her its because she is Thai

3. Tell her to get back in the kitchen and do it again.

what would you do :o

2. Should i tell her she cant cook for crap and tell her its because she is Thai

Buy her a toaster, lot less chance of it happening again, short of that, do it yourself

:D:D

I have several choices:

dont mean to offend but.

post-25249-1156990402.gif

Donz, you found a place to use that one quickly! :o

I agree - it is one thing to be upset about your wife signing something in the wrong place (on an english-language document, I presume) - did the OP indicate where to sign and can his wife read english?

It is quite another to try to make your wife sound stupid on an open forum, all this does is make you look pathetic.

What's next? I can see this is one of those typical Cauc-Thai marriages that is based on anything except respect. Loser.

Donz, you found a place to use that one quickly! :o

I agree - it is one thing to be upset about your wife signing something in the wrong place (on an english-language document, I presume) - did the OP indicate where to sign and can his wife read english?

It is quite another to try to make your wife sound stupid on an open forum, all this does is make you look pathetic.

What's next? I can see this is one of those typical Cauc-Thai marriages that is based on anything except respect. Loser.

Its good to agree with you on something, im still working on likeing your avatar.

I have several choices:

If it were me then I would take option 3.

However as you sent her the form did you indicate where she should sign?

It isn't the end of the world.

As a matter of small interest how would you feel if the position were reversed?

I have signed Thai forms in the wrong place myself and felt stupid because I don't know Thai enough to read and write it fluently. :D

Quote rcm

Repeat the process but explain to her that she has to sign on the right place the next time....tell her also that the last signature was on the wrong Place and this is why everything is delayed (in a friendly tone). If she understands about the wrongdoing she will probably be very sorry about this.

it's just Paperwork.....not Life itself ,

rcm jap.gif

I would assume some of the other posters are being a little sarcastic and being perfect themselves, they of course would never make a mistake.

Did you make it really, really clear where to sign the form? Highlighted with a little red X? Or, better yet, stuck one of these little sticky signature flags on it? (I guess your girlfriend isn't the only one who ever made this mistake.)

post-20734-1156995713_thumb.jpg

the "man" is asking the world what to do about his wifes mistake sorry SPOUSE.

I think that he should divorce her. Who wants to stay married to someone who signs a paper in the wrong place. :o

I don't. :D

Actually, Gumball, why don't you sign it yourself? Ask someone who can write thai to sign it for you.

Yo making me laugh again, Donz. :D

what would you do :D

No problems, but i need to make fun of some posters in here, have you seen the thai news clipping sction with 78% of Thais have a kid in highschool :o People actually believe those statics which confirms that many people on here are insane.

Am i the only normal on on here :D

Since we're on the subject of signing documents.....

I usually leave the Thai bashing to others as I find there's little I can't adjust to, including this, but it is a minor annoyance. Why do they always hand you blank papers to sign here? Every bank I've done business with here does it, as well as all utilities. I'd been conditioned since youth never to sign a blank sheet of paper and it's one of the few things that continues to regularly bother me here. Sorry for the OT.

Donz, you found a place to use that one quickly! :D

Its good to agree with you on something, im still working on likeing your avatar.

it's <deleted> cruel to have a horse getting around like that. :D

shocking piece of work mate.

the owner should have a good look at himself. :D

cheers friends :o

what would you do :D

No problems, but i need to make fun of some posters in here, have you seen the thai news clipping sction with 78% of Thais have a kid in highschool :D People actually believe those statics which confirms that many people on here are insane.

Am i the only normal on on here :D

know you ain't donz.

i would say that you are as normal as my brilliant self. :D

:o

these punters are extremely lucky we hav'nt joined forces arn't they !!! :D

cheers :D

We were going to put her down, but she's still a bit of all right with two legs . . .

Hmm, maybe we can put the OP down somehow for being an utter prat.

dont worry about a bleeding thing sling, my top friend,

ive got a top vet lined up on the cow sand road, that will give the bloody horse a new pair of legs. :D

ill sort it when i come back in november, as all the punters know that i'll be back in los in november.

cheers friend. :o

Since we're on the subject of signing documents.....

I usually leave the Thai bashing to others as I find there's little I can't adjust to, including this, but it is a minor annoyance. Why do they always hand you blank papers to sign here? Every bank I've done business with here does it, as well as all utilities. I'd been conditioned since youth never to sign a blank sheet of paper and it's one of the few things that continues to regularly bother me here. Sorry for the OT.

me dum Thai not understand.

Sorry; unclear; you are telling me they are asking you to sign pieces of paper with absolutely nothing on them?!!!

THat's got me totally flumoxed. I have never had to do this. Ever.

never.

Never ever.

Ever never ever.

etc

Or...you mean you have to sign photocopies of things. I can understand that...but this is a completely blank sheet of paper?!

I wouldn't be too keen to do that either....