Why can they not look after things.

It's a culture of (trying to keep) social harmony; of everyone together and never alone. All for one and one for all (as long as it's within the extended 'family'). And a culture where grubs provided the best protein.

No wonder anyone's stuff is fair game.

They are the borg: your tools must be assimilated, as indeed must everything else of yours except yourself (who are a paying guest).

• Like 2

I have told my wife that if something belongs to me no one else can use it unless they ask me and the answer will be no. I have learnt my lesson as I see what they do themselves, anything that is borrowed is either lost, never returned, left lying around in the weather or simply returned in pieces/broken. For some reason some thais seem to think it doesnt matter what they do to other peoples things.

Seajae,any ideas where this mindset has come from,i have travelled all over the world,but have never found anything like this total disrespect or demarcation of what is mine or what is yours,this attitude would surely be unacceptable in most cultures.

I lived in Polynesia, same thing.

• Like 2

As i speak ,he has a fire the fil] going out the back of the shop, a large pot on top,boiling his holed underpants,i walked up behind him,the temptation to boil his head by forcing it in the frothing,boiling pot was almost overwhelming,a lack of wooden stakes,forced my hand,i retreated,plenty of time i muttered to myself,will get them tomorrow.

• Like 2

I enjoy working in our garden - could never find my tools, wife would use them and leave them wherever she used them.

Nowadays I hide them behind a tree, saves me a lot of aggravation in the morning.

And we never grow orange colored flowers anymore.... our neighbour, clad in amulets, would always cut them to bring to the wat.

Survival skills.....

I can see you now Ch.a bloke who commits to know one,has no friends,little close family because you would be terrified they were trying to take your money off you.you at least will be one of the richest guys in the graveyard.

Is that worse than having a close family that you regularly have disturbingly violent fantasies about?

I enjoy working in our garden - could never find my tools, wife would use them and leave them wherever she used them.

Nowadays I hide them behind a tree, saves me a lot of aggravation in the morning.

And we never grow orange colored flowers anymore.... our neighbour, clad in amulets, would always cut them to bring to the wat.

Survival skills.....

that's why i cut the papyas,they would wander in then sit down for a picnic, utopian i suppose but as an avowed misanthrope ,not too my liking.

Survival skills.....

that's why i cut the papyas,they would wander in then sit down for a picnic, utopian i suppose but as an avowed misanthrope ,not too my liking.
Again same kind of problem but with mangoes.
  • Like 1

I can see you now Ch.a bloke who commits to know one,has no friends,little close family because you would be terrified they were trying to take your money off you.you at least will be one of the richest guys in the graveyard.

Is that worse than having a close family that you regularly have disturbingly violent fantasies about?

Yes,because at least i admit i have issue's and talk about them,Ch,just likes to cast judgements down from his ivory tower.and soi if i have disturbed you i do apologise, i realise some posters have somewhat different senseiblities,and if i upset you i am sorry.

Ok forget the tools.. My TV controller dissapears frequently. Cannot be found. Answer ,the witch next door has done here evil tricks. You think I am joking,well she looks just like an evil witch complete with Thai broomstick. Clever witch hides it under the sofa. My g/f still blames the old hag next door. Maybe I will mention the ghosts sometime

• Like 2

i carefully observed the FIL eat tonight,longer than usual canine teeth,the way he ripped at that pigs head,and swallowing chicken's feet whole,is that normal,i asked myself,then a bat flew out of his cell,room,i have ordered a job lot of crosses,but will they work here,amulets,maybe,i have now stacked 2 bags of garlic at the bedroom door,anyone know the procedure for far eastern vampires,help needed.

• Like 2

Im not upset. I went to a great dentist today. He had boatloads of tools. All perfect, clean and each in its place. I thought to myself , what would a guy like this do if he came to work one day and most of his tools were missing, broken and dirty. Kinda put things into perspective for me.

• Like 2

Ok forget the tools.. My TV controller dissapears frequently. Cannot be found. Answer ,the witch next door has done here evil tricks. You think I am joking,well she looks just like an evil witch complete with Thai broomstick. Clever witch hides it under the sofa. My g/f still blames the old hag next door. Maybe I will mention the ghosts sometime [/quote

You've got me thinking now. I don't mind the father in law at all, it's his wife who I do believe is a witch, she could well be casting spells on my tools making them float back over to their house while I sleep.

i carefully observed the FIL eat tonight,longer than usual canine teeth,the way he ripped at that pigs head,and swallowing chicken's feet whole,is that normal,i asked myself,then a bat flew out of his cell,room,i have ordered a job lot of crosses,but will they work here,amulets,maybe,i have now stacked 2 bags of garlic at the bedroom door,anyone know the procedure for far eastern vampires,help needed.

Can't help you there mate but if you find a solution please let me know as I'd love the wife's stepmother witch type hag to suffer the same fate. The way you just described you're father in law makes me think they are from the same bloodline. Maybe we need to call Van Helsing.

Im not upset. I went to a great dentist today. He had boatloads of tools. All perfect, clean and each in its place. I thought to myself , what would a guy like this do if he came to work one day and most of his tools were missing, broken and dirty. Kinda put things into perspective for me.

Back home, doctors or dentists usually share a building with colleagues. Imagine that in Thailand.....

Have just gone over the road to the shop,ans and blown up ,have told her i will finish the house up near the temple[about 4 mins drive,by motorsai],and he can live there,otherwise i am out of here,of course with thai logic i am fully prepared for them to keep the father in law,sell allt he motorsia's and gold.and muddle on.no wonder they were never colonised,basket case of a people who know nothing about the rest of the world and think they are the best in the world,i made it clear,he goes or i do,i will finish the small house for him,even a ceiling fan,but silly me i already know the answer.

Have just gone over the road to the shop,ans and blown up ,have told her i will finish the house up near the temple[about 4 mins drive,by motorsai],and he can live there,otherwise i am out of here,of course with thai logic i am fully prepared for them to keep the father in law,sell allt he motorsia's and gold.and muddle on.no wonder they were never colonised,basket case of a people who know nothing about the rest of the world and think they are the best in the world,i made it clear,he goes or i do,i will finish the small house for him,even a ceiling fan,but silly me i already know the answer.

I hope it all works out allright for you!

It must be difficult for your wife too, caught between husband and father.

Privacy is something most of us highly value, we should not compromise on that.

Myself I have no major problems with my Thai family / friends of my wife - because we have an annex to our house, some 20 meters away. I love visitors but they all know that they must stay in the annex (with Thai kitchen, fridge, bathroom and beds), AND NO RADIO / KARAOKE....

• Like 1

I think the OP's had a few beers and convinced himself he's happy to walk away from the money, time and emotional capital he's expended on his marriage.

Rookie mistake from a man old enough to know better than to make decision when half cut

You could be right, you could be wrong.

I think the OP's had a few beers and convinced himself he's happy to walk away from the money, time and emotional capital he's expended on his marriage.

Rookie mistake from a man old enough to know better than to make decision when half cut

On this ocasion you may possibly for once ,be right ch,it was all good until she moved the fil,in why i don't like him,because he will not even look at me.or say even a hello,i have treid many time's to be met by a sneer,and a look of "falang mai dee',what he does not realise is that i pay for his comfortable retirement,and if i withdraw my funds it won't be comfortable at all,but i guess he will just go back to shitting in the yard,and tossing rubbish all around,that's why i want him out,i have now given the ultimatum.

Drunk or sober, the decision will be the same.

What for me will go down as one of lives great unsolved mysteries, why do the deadbeats and hammock swingers never show up until the land is bought and the house is built?

Where were they hidden away before the house was built?

Who made the decision to move the deadbeats in?

Is the Op really trying to tell us he went down the local shop one morning for his paper and a pint of milk and the old boy moved in while he was out?

I have said it before and will reiterate it now, it all starts in the selection process.

There is nothing but pain misery and heartache north of Bkk in hillbilly country, that was the rookie mistake right there, to even consider moving to the boonies.

Jeez there are parts up there that remind me of the land that time forgot, David Attenborough would be in his element.

Is it human nature? Will it pass as humankind evolves?

Farang dole dodgers back home, Thais profiteering of the Farangs.

Same thing really: people taking advantage of other people - WHY? - BECAUSE THEY CAN!

It sounds much worse than my small problem with the mother in law. Good luck marko kok prong.

Thanks Leo,it has reached boiling point,or breaking point,the wife has elected to stay in the shop tonight,so i sleep on my own,not a great situation,,fully prepared to walk if she does not tell the Fil to go,her call,i am sweet,good bank balance,i told her if i go no money for you,will be interesting to see who wins ,Satang or the old bugger,who never did a thing for her in her whole life,she told me a story,she worked extra hard one year on the farm,earning extra money,her father ,promised to buy her a motorsai,when it came to it ,he brought a tractor for himself,when she asked ,this excuse of a man,when he would get the motorsai for her ,he laughed,and slapped her down,into the mud,and proceeded on his way,i am meant to show respect to a reptile like this,i am thinking he may have an accident soon ,a very bad one.

As i speak ,he has a fire the fil] going out the back of the shop, a large pot on top,boiling his holed underpants,i walked up behind him,the temptation to boil his head by forcing it in the frothing,boiling pot was almost overwhelming,a lack of wooden stakes,forced my hand,i retreated,plenty of time i muttered to myself,will get them tomorrow.

No wooden stakes? Got any vinyl laying around??

Alternatively get yourself holed up down the Winchester.

Seriously though all the best, it can drive you nuts.

• Like 1