Human Rights Officials Barred From Visiting Alleged Torture Victims in Prison

Lite Beer

torture by RTP and Military is common practice here in Thailand. a standard routine way of shovelling, middle- high class shit, blame it on someone who has no way of defending themselves, like the Koa Tao murder suspects.not from burma, you know the truth, Thai`s don`t do truth. So HRC denied access, just buying some time for the wounds to heal.

Blame it on a clerical error and move on as if nothing was wrong Thainess at its best

torture by RTP and Military is common practice here in Thailand. a standard routine way of shovelling, middle- high class shit, blame it on someone who has no way of defending themselves, like the Koa Tao murder suspects.not from burma, you know the truth, Thai`s don`t do truth. So HRC denied access, just buying some time for the wounds to heal.

Blame it on a clerical error and move on as if nothing was wrong Thainess at its best

What do you mean Thainess? This is nothing to do with Thainess - take you bashing elsewhere

Today, I have read, that in the UK the Supreme court has overturned an order by Parliament, banning letters written by Prince Charles being published' Experts' have said that Parliament cannot have power over the courts and British Law. Slightly off topic I suppose, but something that does not seem to apply in Thailand?

these people conspired to engage in terrorism. imho, they have no rights.

awwwwwwww, they were beaten, electrocuted gee, too bad

look at some footage of the victims of the boston bombings, closer to home victims of bkk bombings,

the victims around yala. those fortunate enough to survive, scared for life, crippled, mained, blinded.

thai's killing women, children, on and on

give me a break, the perps were actively engaged in terrorism, throwing grenades, fabricating IED's.

their rights trump your rights to a peaceful life???

So much for deemed innocent until proven guilty. So if you got banged up for something you didn't do and were tortured, you will stay silent? I bet you would be seen crying from the rooftops. If these people are so guilty as charged, why take the risk of them getting off due to stupid illegal acts. As I said before, this sort of abuse is to get false admissions of guilt to cover the ass of someone higher up in the pecking order.

• Like 1

look at some footage of the victims of the boston bombings, closer to home victims of bkk bombings,

the victims around yala. those fortunate enough to survive, scared for life, crippled, mained, blinded.

give me a break, the perps were actively engaged in terrorism, throwing grenades, fabricating IED's.

You are a special kind of thick, aren't you?!

These alleged terrorists and bombers, they have not been found guilty as we speak!

Just imagine, they are not guilty. Maybe it was a false flag operation, maybe it was other people, who did this!

"Bohooo...they were totally innocent and still tortured..."

And even IF they are the real terrorists- they still have their human rights, like it or not!

The more sinister aspect of the alleged torture / confession under duress is that if it leads to a conviction ..... the real terrorists are still out there able to continue their despicable ways.

As a side issue, how convenient this is all turning out for the powers that prevail.

• Like 1

And even IF they are the real terrorists- they still have their human rights, like it or not!

Bulls hit! They gave up those "rights" by criminally depriving others of theirs!

Sounds like you work for the U.N. or are in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Edited by lvr181

Bulls hit! They gave up those "rights" by criminally depriving others of theirs!

Oh...a political scientist, by the way of arguing! coffee1.gif

Oh...a political scientist, by the way of arguing! coffee1.gif

No. Just a simple, commonsense, decent citizen, who does not tolerate or seek to excuse or trivialise "terrorist/criminal" activities! I take the side of the victims and do not preach about the "rights" of the criminal. I am not impressed by bleeding heart do gooders (you?) or the U.N. in trying to protect the "rights" of criminals! bah.gif Attend to victims rights and needs first and criminals last.

Well! I don't know where you are from. But you can't just walk into a prison demanding to see someone no matter where you work without permission from the proper authority. I said hehee because its good to see power people from any office get put in their place.

I am not however condoning the length of time to process his request to see those men. To me it seems like they are waiting for those men's wounds to heal.

In his capacity as the designated national guardian of human rights he most certainly has the right to interview victims. He sent his request for a visit a week ago. Please explain why he has been kept waiting for a week. It is obvious that the prison officials are trying to interfere with the government official's work. Perhaps it is because the physical wounds on the prisoners have not yet healed.

• Like 2

difficult to imagine some TV'ers promoting, terrorist/criminal activity.

saying victims of bloodshed and mayhem, bullet wounds etc have no rights, but the criminals and terrorists do.

one of you even suggested i needed a good flogging. ha, ha, ez to sit in your mom's basement and play the tough guy, or are u in your room, keyboard warrior, flog anyone with a differing, perhaps more humane out look on life.

there are a lot of sicko's here. hard for me to imagine so called civilized people condoning terrorism, and claiming victims have no rights.

you should not only be ashamed of yourselves, but give your head a shake.

the next bomb maybe in your bus,

this bombing campaign by the (reds) alleged perps was estimated by their own admissions to be over 100 bombs.

thank Budda, at least 20 have been incarcerated already. they have no rights.

they will face a court of law. they should be executed if found guilty, but will not be. simply prison time, too bad.

the world does not need more people intent on bombing and terrorism in my opinion.

but of course, their rights, trump mine, because i believe in peace and freedom, unlike the opinions of many negative posters here

You say 'if found guilty'? But that is the nub of the argument isn't it. If found guilty? In any civilised country the accused is innocent until found guilty.If we use your argument there is no need for the judicial system. Mad Max rules?

• Like 2

And in which way exactly does it benefit the victim, if you strip the criminals of basic human rights, please!?

Perhaps I could ask, "By giving criminals their basic human rights, how have you helped the victim"?? coffee1.gif

The real question here is, do suspects ready to injure/kill innocent people by throwing grenades at them, deserve to have their human rights observed? You/your family could have got killed/injured by those "freedom-fighters".

Well I sure hope you never get on the wrong side of a Thai person who then uses their influence to get you arrested on trumped up charges. And I sure hope that you never have to face a prison beating for something that you never did. But if it did happen I would hope there was at least some Human Rights organisation that you could turn to for justice.

The real question here is, do suspects ready to injure/kill innocent people by throwing grenades at them, deserve to have their human rights observed? You/your family could have got killed/injured by those "freedom-fighters".

SUSPECTS,! ACCUSED! Not yet proven guilty. How many innocents have been tortured to confess to a crime they did not commit. Scapegoats are needed.

...and how many of the guilty have abused the Human Right's watch's ruses that are standard procedure for these people.

Lets put it another way, do you suspect that the right people (those that were involved with the bombings) are in detention?

Good to see this egotistical waster get his come uppance!!

And in which way exactly does it benefit the victim, if you strip the criminals of basic human rights, please!?

Perhaps I could ask, "By giving criminals their basic human rights, how have you helped the victim"?? coffee1.gif

Yeah, you could!

Only... I am not looking to "help" the victims- I would be looking for the truth!

And I am quiet sure, I don't get there easier, if I strip an alleged criminal of his human rights!

And even more: what if, the allegations were found to be not true!

Would it help the victim, if you torture innocent people?

Let me guess: you are an American and you still believe, Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11...after which a whole country was bombed to bits, on the base of false and trumped up allegations!

Helped the victims a whole lot, didn't it!coffee1.gif

Edited by DM07

Yeah, you could!

Only... I am not looking to "help" the victims- I would be looking for the truth!

And I am quiet sure, I don't get there easier, if I strip an alleged criminal of his human rights!

Let me guess: you are an American and you still believe, Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11...after which a whole country was bombed to bits, on the base of false and trumped up allegations!

Tjeez man, are you really comparing Saddam with Thaksin? That's a bit radical. Even not being in favour of Thaksin, I would not go as far as making such comparison.

Anyway, claims and photos have emerged, but the time line seems unclear. Did the accused still look fine when turned over to the police? When did claims emerge? when did photos emerge? when did legal representatives have access to their clients. Things like that.

Edited by rubl

Yeah, you could!

Tjeez man, are you really comparing Saddam with Thaksin? That's a bit radical. Even not being in favour of Thaksin, I would not go as far as making such comparison.

Anyway, claims and photos have emerged, but the time line seems unclear. Did the accused still look fine when turned over to the police? When did claims emerge? when did photos emerge? when did legal representatives have access to their clients. Things like that.

I am doing nothing of that sort!

Where did you get that from?

Yeah, you could!

Of course you're not looking to help the victims! You are about "protecting the rights" of the criminals!

Despite what you claim, the truth is, that victims need help! Get your priorities right.

Criminals have rights - to shelter, food and medical assistance, nothing more nothing less.

NO, I am not American (U.S.A. I guess you mean?) - stop clouding the issues with other speculative comments. I think you need a handkerchief applied to your chin.

Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by lvr181

Yeah, you could!

Of course you're not looking to help the victims! You are about "protecting the rights" of the criminals!

Despite what you claim, the truth is, that victims need help! Get your priorities right.

Criminals have rights - to shelter, food and medical assistance, nothing more nothing less.

NO, I am not American (U.S.A. I guess you mean?) - stop clouding the issues with other speculative comments. I think you need a handkerchief applied to your chin.

Here endeth the lesson.

Oh great Master...you didn't answer my question: how does stripping anyone of his human rights, does help the victims?

I have nothing against helping the victims at all.

Again: how does torturing the criminals, help the victims!