Work Permit Med Checkup, BKK 2015 - Clinic vs Hospital, Prices, Recommendations?

Long time reader, first time posting. Hi. smile.png

I've read all the threads that I could find on this topic but all information is pretty old and very conflicting, so I have some questions and think an update to this subject might be helpful to others as well.

I need a medical exam for my work permit application. I am located in Bangkok.

I can confirm that currently the Ministry of Labour in BKK is asking for the following tests:

- Leprosy

- Tuberculosis

- Elephantiasis

- Lung X-Ray

- Addictive Substances

- Syphilis

3 questions:

1. Is it still possible to go to clinics for this checkup, or are hospitals mandatory now? (recent info for BKK please)

2. Can anyone recommend a clean, reputable, cheap place in Bangkok that will be accepted by the Ministry of Labour?

(I've been quoted 1200-1500 baht at the few hospitals I've called. I'm hoping for 350-600 baht, as I've read in older threads.)

3. Do clinics/hospitals actually perform Lung X-Rays in their checkups??

(I've never read of this requirement in past threads, I'm not a fan of getting x-rays I don't need...)

I'm not too picky as long as the place is sterile (fresh needles used) & can communicate in English, but it would be great to find a place near an MRT/BTS station & bonus points if it is in/near Chatuchak.

A private hospital for 600 baht would be ideal, but any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice I receive!

I'll come back to this thread to report my experience after I get my checkup.

Edited by Tessellation

Lung X-Ray ? I have never been asked for one of those ?

Yeah, I thought it sounded odd, but it was on the list of testing reqs that the Ministry of Labour gave my employer when they asked what kind of checkup testing I needed. I've never heard of it anywhere else. I'm planning to avoid that bit unless absolutely necessary.

Lol the clinic i went to checked my chest and that's it i remember seeing the list of what is to be checked which the doc signed 200 baht ty mr.

yes listened to my chest and took blood.

The time before I only sent the motorbike taxi to a doctor and he gave me the certificate.....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lol the clinic i went to checked my chest and that's it i remember seeing the list of what is to be checked which the doc signed 200 baht ty mr.

yes listened to my chest and took blood.

The time before I only sent the motorbike taxi to a doctor and he gave me the certificate.....

Was this in Bangkok? Recently? Can you recommend the clinic? I'd love to do it this cheap and easy, I'm just worried I will waste my time if Ministry of Labour says "no, must be hospital" or some such. If this has worked for you recently, that's good news for me. :)