I'm innocent and afraid, says US man fighting extradition to Thailand in kidnap case

webfact

extradition treaties are a two way street that America needs to respect.

Aren't you forgetting that the West sees Thailand's current government as illegal and illegitimate and lacking standing to try anyone?

Thailand's coup installed "government" has no treaty with anyone.

Lat time I checked, the Thai government doesn't even have a constitution.

Good thinking NS & JW,

When a democratic government is overthrown by force, are extradition treaties still valid?

I would think not.

• Like 1

Off-topic post removed. Continued obsessing about Amanda Knox is off-topic and it will end now. Questions about it have been asked and answered. Giving opinions about it is not relevant to this thread.

I didn't say Westerners. Torture has been used. No reason to believe it is confined to non-westerners.

You prove the opposite, please.

Using torture in prisons is common practice in US. You don't agree with my statement? You prove the opposite, please whistling.gif .Just using your logic...

I didn't say Westerners. Torture has been used. No reason to believe it is confined to non-westerners.

Using torture in prisons is common practice in US. You don't agree with my statement? You prove the opposite, please whistling.gif .Just using your logic...

I will gladly do that but this topic isn't about possible torture in the US. Otherwise this guy could flee the US and head to Thailand, where he wouldn't face torture.

He will not get turned over. Guaranteed. We don't turn our citizens over to Junta governments.

That statement reminds me very much of the many people saying Lee Aldhouse would never be sent to Thailand by the UK. They were all wrong.

I will gladly do that but this topic isn't about possible torture in the US. Otherwise this guy could flee the US and head to Thailand, where he wouldn't face torture.
You're in the hole, and this is not helping you getting out of it.

extradition treaties are a two way street that America needs to respect.

Aren't you forgetting that the West sees Thailand's current government as illegal and illegitimate and lacking standing to try anyone?

Thailand's coup installed "government" has no treaty with anyone.

If the West doesn't see the current government in Thailand as legit, that's their problem, not Thailands. The West should spend more time correcting their own faults instead to trying to tell others what they must and must not do.

Some people say there were no Americans ever tortured or under severe distress while in Thailand. Talk to some of the American expats that were here from 1965-1973, under, the Big three, Thanom, Praphat and Norong. Check it out.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you just provided the links or data?