2007 Honda Crv

indothai

I'm hoping it's going to be in the same price range as the old one.

How about those external front fender mirrors, are they factory installed? I've been looking at used CRV's and all of them has those mirrors installed. Do they really help? Personally, I think they make the car look kinda weird.

Hi all,

Anyone knows when the new CRV will be released in Thailand?

Nice design!! Honda kicks some ass there, design-wise.

Edit: I think bolt is mistaken about the price. The old one was 1.4 million tops, the new one will be about the same.

Maybe he shouldn't have asked a Toyota dealer? :o

Edited by nikster

sorry i was in a honda, toyota, nissan, and a mitsui showroom

the honda price was 1.4700 for the CRV (typing error!!)

the Mazda MU(7...?) looks great also

i think the toyota fortuner rules, but the boss thinks it's too big to park in Pattaya city, i told her to get the bus!!

Now, Bolt, MU7 is Isuzu, not Mazda....

There was a brief reference in the local papers to CRV being released in November, nothing else.

It's easy to predict though - 2 and 2.4l engines from Civic and Accord, five speed transmission, probably mounted on the steering wheel column. Dual tiered instrument panel from Civic, sci-fi looking windshield wipers, maybe fuel tank and the driver seat to increase boot space and versatility as in Jazz...

Who are they going to sell it to, though? Now that Fortuner crossed over into SUV segment with proper driving manners, who needs CRV? It's a lot smaller and it's not and off-roader in any sense. Driving enthusiasts won't be interested, macho men won't be interested, 4x4 people won't be interested, families won't be interested, too. It just doesn't stack up in practical or economic terms against Fortuner and upcoming SUV from Mitsubishi and EscapeTribute replacements from Ford and Mazda.

In the beginning it was unique and looked very cute, but it's not a novelty anymore. People can buy Escape for that (and they do).

I guess CRV customers will be a mixed bunch of die hard office girl fans with little cash to spare and single moms, and people who need something different but they don't know what. I don't think CRV will be able to overcome "girly car" label. It won't be a revolution it was ten years ago.

My gf is a big CRV fan but I hope common sense prevails and she chooses Camry based on practical considerations, not just unfulfilled childhood dreams.

I guess CRV customers will be a mixed bunch of die hard office girl fans with little cash to spare and single moms, and people who need something different but they don't know what. I don't think CRV will be able to overcome "girly car" label. It won't be a revolution it was ten years ago.

My gf is a big CRV fan but I hope common sense prevails and she chooses Camry based on practical considerations, not just unfulfilled childhood dreams.

Common sense when buying a car? Not gonna happen :o

The CRV looks like a fine car, cute design, and while it's overpriced compared to Fortuner or any Pick-up, it's not overpriced compared to normal passenger cars or saloons as they call them here. So people buying saloons will be interested in the CRV.

Great cute girl car and good family car. I just hope they improve build quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my driving will be in BKK. I haven't seen the Fortuner, but from seeing the pictures I think it's a big SUV. I wonder the difficulties in parking a Fortuner in places like MBK or Central Chidlom.

Other than the size of the Fortuner, I also worry about the gas mileage for city driving.

Just by looking at the pictures, I think the Fortuner is a great SUV, just not so sure about driving it on a daily basis in BKK.

Most of my driving will be in BKK. I haven't seen the Fortuner, but from seeing the pictures I think it's a big SUV. I wonder the difficulties in parking a Fortuner in places like MBK or Central Chidlom.

Other than the size of the Fortuner, I also worry about the gas mileage for city driving.

That was exactly my concern when I replaced my 10 years old Civic with Fortuner six months ago. But I found the turning radius of Fortuner to be as good as any sedan/passenger cars and with parking assist rear sensor, indoor parking is not at all a challenge as I imagined it to be (I can manage to park my Fortuner in Emporium parking with cars double-parked on alley, without too much hassle). If anything I found the width of the car to be more of an issue at parking lot like MBK where assigned parking spaces are quite narrow (so getting in and out of the car is a bit problematic + Fortuner has no power retractable side mirrors). Another thing, you'd start to pay attention to maximum height signs in indoor parking lots when you drive Fortuner. There was one place (part of the Central World Plaza parking, I think) that I actually had to reverse my car for the fear that I'd scratch the roof where the sign indicated very little overhead clearance for Fortuner.

I bought Fortuner because I drive mostly out of the city (for commute to Ayutthaya) although I live in Bangkok. If I only occasionally drive outside Bangkok I would still probably choose Fortuner over CR-V now that I'm accustomed to driving it (but the size and the height did feel like too cubersome for me to handle after switching from Civic and did regret the decision when I pulled my car out of dealer showroom).

Gas mileage isn't that bad either for 3L engine, but that might be because I cruise mostly at 90km/h.

Edited by Nordlys

I think I'll stick to a sedan-type or the CRV for BKK driving.

There's a big difference in price between Civic and CRV for roughly the same features. All you buy is an "SUV type" box.

Fortuner offers three rows of seats, reasonable 4wd, and more power/better acceleration for the same price.

If I was to give an advice - stick to sedans for Bangkok driving, don't waste money on things you won't need.

There's a big difference in price between Civic and CRV for roughly the same features. All you buy is an "SUV type" box.

Good point. I wonder why the 200K Baht + price difference when they are about the same grade in terms of quality/splendor while sharing the same engine and platform.

Fortuner offers three rows of seats, reasonable 4wd, and more power/better acceleration for the same price.

If I was to give an advice - stick to sedans for Bangkok driving, don't waste money on things you won't need.

Well I think its quite clear why people might want a CRV rather than a Fortuner.

1. Fortuner is huge, some people are not comfortable driving something so big

2. Given the state of the roads in BKK some people prefer the increased ground clearance CRV provides over Civic. (btw saw a Civic last tuesday with the left wheel collapsed on Wireless Rd nr the junction with Rama IV, the road had been dug up and temporarily filled which over time had collapsed....but you couldn't see that clearly when approaching it....so the poor guy drove over it thinking there was no hole there. If he'd had a CRV probably have been ok :o)

The other thing to remember is that Honda realise with this version people don't necessarily want 4wd so it will be available as a 2wd variant also with an entry level price lower than that of todays 4wd alledgedly close to that of the top spec Civic

Edited by moonoi

It's an endless debate - which car is better. CRV might be better than Civic for navigating potholed roads, but I don't think it's a match to Fortuner in that respect.

CRV is better than Fortuner because it's smaller, but it's not as agile as Civic, nor it is going to be as fast as Civic. Interior design is also is not as modern as in Civic (there were pictures in BP recently).

And new CRV is going to be wider, it will perhaps be as wide as Fortuner.

That was my initial question - who are they going to sell it to? It's not as practical as pickup based SUVs, and on the road it's not as good as sedans either, and it's not as cute as Jazz or Yaris.

CRV ruled the market for many years and then completely lost it. Can it fight back? Ford (and Mazda) is going to replace it's Escape, and Nissan replaced its X-trail elsewhere already. Competition in the small SUV segment is going to be tough, and the segment itself is getting smaller and smaller. Note that Toyota has no plans of entering it at all with it's RAV4.

It's an endless debate - which car is better. CRV might be better than Civic for navigating potholed roads, but I don't think it's a match to Fortuner in that respect.

I think sedans like Camry (at least up to the year model that recently saw model change) even have better road clearance than CR-V.

For me, the only reason if I want a CR-V over Civic as a city runabout would be for higher eye point, without which it can be stressful and frustrating when your view is blocked by other cars taller than yours especially when gridlocked in heavy traffic (and new Civic vehicle height looks very low).

• 4 weeks later...

The new CR-V is already released in the US. I keep reading rumors that it will be released in BKK sometime in November.

I wish the auto manufacturers would put some sort of an update on their websites or at least keep it up to date.

I think it's high time that companies in Thailand take their web presence seriously.