Thai Transport Minister is disappointed with Japan over flight restrictions

webfact

Question for all on here, if it is safety issues for Japan is it not the same with other countries like USA UK Europe ect so could they be banned from other places in the world?

If DCA loses its rights for international accreditation, then all Thai airlines will need to negotiate accreditation bilaterally for new routes with the respective civil aviation authorities of the country of the proposed destination route. I had understood that things were not yet at that stage and perhaps Japan and Korea are acting pre-emptively. I believe their actions are only with regard to new or additional routes. Large airlines such as THAI have the resources to negotiate bilaterally so TG may not need to lose those additional routes requested. Smaller, start up airlines in Thailand will be less able to respond I believe.

It is not just the airlines that will be affected. There are many businesses in Thailand that depend on the industry, not the least being the tourism industry.

Thais have a tendency to react childishly. That is why I made my tit for tat remark. I feel that they are perfectly capable of it.

It is just a first step. Anyone knows the timeframes involved in this? Like how long before the ICAO decided on a downgrade etc.

W

The severity of this issue is probably compunded somewhat, by the Japanese Authorities, who are already rightfully miffed by the Thai attitude toward the cheap Airlines dumping thousands of deliberate overstays into the their country.

Other nations, especially within Asean, will soon follow suit, to protect their citizens using these well below parr airlines, with " significant safety concerns ", and for sure, the wider world will also have out the magnifying glass on the whole Thai Aviation Industry.

Is it the airline's fault, if a former-passenger with a return-ticket overstays, for some reason ?

And what's wrong with cheaper airlines, they expand the market & let everybody fly more-easily, which ought to be a good thing !

But the Minister blaming the Japanese, rather than his own DCA, for a bad report seems mis-directed.

I can't help but see the row with the ICAO as a consequence of the current political situtation. The victory of Thainess over world standards. Security with Thai characteristics. Some people wanted to close Thailand to the world influence, they are on the path to achieve it.

Edited by JohnnyJazz

Perhaps Thai Air Asia might consider asking another Air-Asia-group member to operate these charters, on their behalf ?

TG might ask another Star Alliance airline to operate their own extra flights ?

The charterers must be searching hard, for alternative airlines to carry their already-booked passengers, right now.

Question for all on here, if it is safety issues for Japan is it not the same with other countries like USA UK Europe ect so could they be banned from other places in the world?

How any of these regional budget airlines/airline arms mentioned fly to the UK/EU? I don't think any of them fly to the US.

This is a very significant story which is still at an early stage.If Thailand's aviation industry develops a reputation for slovenly safety standards the consequences would obviously be disastrous.Will the government be taking urgent action?

Garuda Indonesia and Philippine Air Lines can testify to this.....

• Like 1

The severity of this issue is probably compunded somewhat, by the Japanese Authorities, who are already rightfully miffed by the Thai attitude toward the cheap Airlines dumping thousands of deliberate overstays into the their country.

Other nations, especially within Asean, will soon follow suit, to protect their citizens using these well below parr airlines, with " significant safety concerns ", and for sure, the wider world will also have out the magnifying glass on the whole Thai Aviation Industry.

Thailand can retaliate - by banning all the Thai potential illegal workers and visa overstayers from travelling to Japan for the period of the ban.... oh wait...maybe....

It is not the transport Minister charter to be disappointed it is the Ministers job to rectify the problem , the Japan authorities would not do this unless there was some concern , they would be in contact with other countries as to why they have introduced these restrictions , the point being Minister is stop whinging and get onto the problem before you find that not only Japan but other countries are also restricting Thai operators into there air space. coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not necessary while Garuda were banned in Europe they still flew into Australia , even now they are still subject to inspection on arrival and the way they got around this problem was by using new aircraft ,(so at least the airframe was guaranteed for 15 years), like at present the new 787, there problem was safety issue.

Thailand drifts along thinking they are the Superior race at everything, then are shock, surprised, upset and dismayed when countries slap them down place sanctions against them for incompetence, ineptitude, and outright stupidity. They simply can not understand why the rest of the world doesn't recognize their Thai superiority.

It will be interesting if we are treated to anti Japanese articles in the Thai media.

The USA was savaged for a lot less than a direct action like this.

Just don't mention the occupation.....

Reminded me of this :D

ftowers1.jpg

Even the more developed countries like Korea, Japan and Singapore realize that "saving face" in an international standards isn't acceptable anymore, wake up you old goons of so called ministers.... aka corrupt crooks

Edited by MaxLee