Afterlife

Stan42

We never really die. If one was to travel at the speed of light they would witness the death/rebirth of the Universe or however it works in an instant aka "timelessness"...something our material 3-D minds, wholly dependent on the human concept of "time" are almost completely unable, let alone unwilling to comprehend. If someone standing on a planet with an ultra advanced telescope, yet located several hundred million light years away from us, do you know what they would see, assuming that the telescope obeyed the same basic rules that our modern concept of a telescope obeys? Dinosaurs. They would be able to witness and/or record every detail that happened throughout our history. They would be able to hear everything ever spoken. If they were advanced enough, they could probably read this as I am typing it, albeit several hundred million years in the "future" relative to what we consider to be "now". Can they interact with us? According to quantum mechanics, an intelligence with say a few million years of technology more advanced than our arrogant "we know everything even though light bulbs were invented 150 years ago...oh yea...and the marvelous combustion engine" under their god-like belts could easily interact with us assuming that they've conquered gravity...something that some mathematicians believe is possible and/or has already been done in secret...kept that way after what scientists learned about what happens when something like an atomic bomb can be built. However we cannot assume that we could detect any such interaction and chances are that an intelligence that advanced wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in "playing God". For what purpose would it benefit to dominate us? It would be the equivalent of Bill Gates going on TV with an ant farm and showing a group of speechless reporters that he is "the all power master of ant reality". He'd probably be hauled away in a straight jacket and the ant farm rescued before he did something like shake it up in front of a live global audience...probably causing tech stocks to plummet 20% and wiping out trillions since something that mad was allowed to be played out by so many otherwise responsible people who have the power to protect both his and their interests. Like the "prime directive".

Special Relativity and quantum theory changes everything, especially since both are now accepted as part of the still unsolved unified field theory. So while I'd concede that "nothing" might not be incorrect, it still does not address the fact that the human mind bases its existence on time...a human concept limited by the dimensions that bind our senses. To be consistent with Einstein and E=MC2 when we "die" we become part of "everything" as our consciousness becomes timeless and unbound. In other words, "nothing" and "everything" are the same thing...it's just that we just stumbled out of the caves recently and are still too groggy to put our human consciousness at that paygrade level. Math is fun.

• Like 2

Do you remember any of your past lives? No, so who cares if reincarnated...since you will have no idea.

Heaven? So then you cannot die and everything is the best? how boring is that....no excitement there (maybe first few weeks)

Hell? Sure, i will be beaten by a devil with fire stick for 1 zillion years because of what i did during my 80 years here? LOL. no. dumb.

nothing? it's the only scientific answer, so that must be wrong.

i am special!!!! I am really special!!! well, that's what my mommy tells me......and the guy at church.......

• Like 1

We never really die. If one was to travel at the speed of light they would witness the death/rebirth of the Universe or however it works in an instant aka "timelessness"...something our material 3-D minds, wholly dependent on the human concept of "time" are almost completely unable, let alone unwilling to comprehend. If someone standing on a planet with an ultra advanced telescope, yet located several hundred million light years away from us, do you know what they would see, assuming that the telescope obeyed the same basic rules that our modern concept of a telescope obeys? Dinosaurs. They would be able to witness and/or record every detail that happened throughout our history. They would be able to hear everything ever spoken. If they were advanced enough, they could probably read this as I am typing it, albeit several hundred million years in the "future" relative to what we consider to be "now". Can they interact with us? According to quantum mechanics, an intelligence with say a few million years of technology more advanced than our arrogant "we know everything even though light bulbs were invented 150 years ago...oh yea...and the marvelous combustion engine" under their god-like belts could easily interact with us assuming that they've conquered gravity...something that some mathematicians believe is possible and/or has already been done in secret...kept that way after what scientists learned about what happens when something like an atomic bomb can be built. However we cannot assume that we could detect any such interaction and chances are that an intelligence that advanced wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in "playing God". For what purpose would it benefit to dominate us? It would be the equivalent of Bill Gates going on TV with an ant farm and showing a group of speechless reporters that he is "the all power master of ant reality". He'd probably be hauled away in a straight jacket and the ant farm rescued before he did something like shake it up in front of a live global audience...probably causing tech stocks to plummet 20% and wiping out trillions since something that mad was allowed to be played out by so many otherwise responsible people who have the power to protect both his and their interests. Like the "prime directive".

Special Relativity and quantum theory changes everything, especially since both are now accepted as part of the still unsolved unified field theory. So while I'd concede that "nothing" might not be incorrect, it still does not address the fact that the human mind bases its existence on time...a human concept limited by the dimensions that bind our senses. To be consistent with Einstein and E=MC2 when we "die" we become part of "everything" as our consciousness becomes timeless and unbound. In other words, "nothing" and "everything" are the same thing...it's just that we just stumbled out of the caves recently and are still too groggy to put our human consciousness at that paygrade level. Math is fun.

You and tywais would make good drinking buddies. biggrin.png

i think we should focus on LIFE, instead of afterlife.

so get out there and enjoy it!!!!

unless, of course, your actions have consequences. then give me all your money to increase your karma!!!!

don't worry, i'll accept lower karma for taking your money. i'll handle the afterlife stress!!!

• Like 1

I think after death most people develop a severe case of not caring about their appearance

and let themselves go.

It is embarrassing, they literally fall aparttongue.png

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

There are eleven dimensions of which we humans can directly perceive four dimensions.

If you accept the theorem that information (ie., in the form of physical energy) is neither created nor destroyed but transmuted to a different form of information, ie., dimensions, then there is an afterlife from a scientific perspective. This is a favorite issue by Dr. Stephen Hawkings who has reversed his viewpoint after decades of defending it that information transmutes, ie., in black holes, to dimensions not yet observable or detectable.

There are eleven dimensions of which we humans can directly perceive four dimensions.

If you accept the theorem that information (ie., in the form of physical energy) is neither created nor destroyed but transmuted to a different form of information, ie., dimensions, then there is an afterlife from a scientific perspective. This is a favorite issue by Dr. Stephen Hawkings who has reversed his viewpoint after decades of defending it that information transmutes, ie., in black holes, to dimensions not yet observable or detectable.

from what you are saying, there is an after, but not necessarily an after life