Energy Ministry to Promote Thailand as an Electric Vehicle Hub

Jacob Maslow

I believe in many things. One day Thailand will have 4G, probably around the time one may charge their electric car in Nakhon Nowhere smile.png

Thailand HAS 4g LTE NOW. True and Dtac have service available. Probably not in Nakhon Nowwhere though!!

I like the LTE (Long Term Evolution), how aptly named, six or so years ago.

Living in Bangkok I'm lucky of course even though I only use a ZYQ phone for speech and SMS rolleyes.gif

"Seven electricity chargers will be made available for testing. Chargers will be set up in Bangkok, Chon Buri, Rayong and Ayutthaya. PTT and the Metropolitan Electricity Authority have been working on developing chargers for four years to prepare for a future EV launch."

Really serious approach to push the electric cars acceptance. 7 Chargers? Are there some digits missing?

70? 700? 7,000?

"Seven electricity chargers will be made available for testing. Chargers will be set up in Bangkok, Chon Buri, Rayong and Ayutthaya. PTT and the Metropolitan Electricity Authority have been working on developing chargers for four years to prepare for a future EV launch."

Really serious approach to push the electric cars acceptance. 7 Chargers? Are there some digits missing?

70? 700? 7,000?

Can't you read? They said Thailand would be a HUB for electric vehicles. Can't have just 1, gotta have 7! Otherwise it's not a hub!

On a more serious note. 7 charges. 3 are broken and don't work. 2 more are not connected to electricity, 1 can't be found because of incorrect directions and the last one is temporarily out of service because the guy doesn't know how to operate it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And all that electricity to power the cars will come from where?

A lead coming from a street light for many people I would guess

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

70? 700? 7,000?

7 will probably enough for 1 per car

electricity isn't Thailand's best attribute. I think they should produce some qualified electrical engineers before embracing anything electrical

Maybe Thailand will soon become the hub of nuclear vehicles. Imagine a little nuclear reactor in every car!

Actually ... my company wants to make Siberia the hub for ice machines. I think I just found the perfect man for that. Seriously, I respect the intent but Thai culture needs at east 100 years of development before this could begin to be a good idea.

Electric cars are far from fast nor do they accelerate fast. Their radius is limited.

What century are you talking about?

From Motor Trend Tesla S85 and P85 detailed review:

BMW M5 (dual clutch): 30-90 =6.3 sec, 45-65=1.8 sec @ $104,000

Porsche Panamera GTS: 30-90 =7.6 sec, 45-65=2.3 sec @ $146,000

Tesla Model S85 (std): 30-90 =6.6 sec, 45-65=1.9 sec @ $82,500+/-

Tesla Model S P85(performance): 30-90 =6 sec, 45-65=1.7 sec @ $96,000+/-

Meanwhile the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA), will be buying 489 NGV-fueled buses instead of electric buses offered by the Chinese company BYD that has been operating its electric buses for years around the world. Thailand would seem the perfect showcase for electric bus use in the Bangkok metropolitan areas and hub to manufacture them in the ASEAN areas.

post-233034-0-67693800-1427642342_thumb.

Electric cars are far from fast nor do they accelerate fast. Their radius is limited. But should they sell well in the urban zones then it sure would help bring down the horrible number of traffic casualties. That should be the first target for any government. Almost 30,000 dead per year. No country would let that go on so easily.

Electric cars have acceleration that most petrol or diesels can only dream of. Tons of torque at the low end. In reality, for a commute in and out of Bangkok they would be perfect, since the outskirts of Bangkok are only 20km away before its paddy fields.

Whatever happened to the Mitsubishi electric car? About 3 years ago it was on display at a show I went to. I would have thought Mitsubishi could make it reliable enough to sell.....and to put their own charging stations out there.

post-63954-0-52271700-1427675344_thumb.j

Yup, the new hub of all hubs. Thailand only! clap2.gif

We all know how "good" the Thai are with electricity. giggle.gif

Also they have a great reputation for building cars and engineering whistling.gif

They better make electric trains all over Thailand, to start with bangkok because the air pollution is really bad. Not to mention the quality of the drivers. Even using indicators is too hard for them.thumbsup.gif

Also they have a great reputation for building cars and engineering whistling.gif

Actually Thailand has a great reputation for building cars.
Many foreign brands are having their cars build in Thailand. Many of the approx 2M/year go to export!!

Yes they are Foreign brands built in Thailand due to the cheap labour costs. Toyota, Honda, ford, Nissan, etc all bring their own bosses in. They are not Thai products just built here. Your posts suggest that they are Thai technology. It isn't.

I believe in many things. One day Thailand will have 4G, probably around the time one may charge their electric car in Nakhon Nowhere smile.png

Thailand HAS 4g LTE NOW. True and Dtac have service available. Probably not in Nakhon Nowwhere though!!

It may have 4g but like many things here it is hit and miss, even in Bangkok. Like so many things here the reliability is questionable.

Yup, the new hub of all hubs. Thailand only! clap2.gif

We all know how "good" the Thai are with electricity. giggle.gif

They better make electric trains all over Thailand, to start with bangkok because the air pollution is really bad. Not to mention the quality of the drivers. Even using indicators is too hard for them.thumbsup.gif

Actually Thailand has a great reputation for building cars.
Many foreign brands are having their cars build in Thailand. Many of the approx 2M/year go to export!!

Yes they are Foreign brands built in Thailand due to the cheap labour costs. Toyota, Honda, ford, Nissan, etc all bring their own bosses in. They are not Thai products just built here. Your posts suggest that they are Thai technology. It isn't.

Thailand has no significant car brand or technology of their own. Electric cars require a very sophisticated, computer operated, motor controller to achieve power and efficiency. Not something Thailand is able to develop.

Why can't Thailand come up with its own brand of vehicle ? Malaysia and Taiwan have their own brands. What is stopping the Thais ?

Meanwhile the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA), will be buying 489 NGV-fueled buses instead of electric buses offered by the Chinese company BYD that has been operating its electric buses for years around the world. Thailand would seem the perfect showcase for electric bus use in the Bangkok metropolitan areas and hub to manufacture them in the ASEAN areas.

attachicon.gifBYD1.jpg

Where´s the fun in riding a vehicle that is neither noisy nor belching black fumes and appears not solid enough to push smaller vehicles out of the way? Seriously.

Electric cars are far from fast nor do they accelerate fast. Their radius is limited. But should they sell well in the urban zones then it sure would help bring down the horrible number of traffic casualties. That should be the first target for any government. Almost 30,000 dead per year. No country would let that go on so easily.

you obviously have never been in a Tesla.

they are incredibly fast...

you obviously have never been in a Tesla.

they are incredibly fast...

Many DIY electric cars beat Ferrari's and others off the line. The electric motor has a much faster response time. You find examples on Youtube

• 7 months later...

Electric cars and motorcycles can be VERY FAST.

They also can travel long distance.

I modified a dc motor for a drag motor cycle (rocket electric drag bike)that runs the quarter mile in the hi 6s at

200 plus mph.

My dragster the current eliminator does the 1/8 mile in 5.009 seconds.

My S10 pu smoke screen is quick,fast and has a 150 mile range on low quality lithium batteries.

How fast