Japan's chartered flight ban from Thailand is hurting tourism business

webfact

Transport Minister fears domino effect from Japan’s ban on Thai chartered flights

30-3-2558-14-36-47-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Transport Minister Prajin Juntong today expressed concern that the poor rating of the Thai Civil Aviation Department’s control of air safety measures by the International Civil Aviation Organisation may backfire out of control in a domino-like effect.

He pointed out that Japan had already banned chartered flights from Thailand and rejected increased scheduled flights of Thai carriers and this effect might expand to the other countries such as China, South Korea and Singapore.

“This is a national issue and the Transport Ministry will quickly resolve the problem otherwise it may cause a domino effect which has just started,” said the transport minister, adding that the first thing to do is to arrest the domino effect.

He said he had discussed the issue with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha who last week raised the issue with Japanese prime minister Abe during their brief meeting in Sinagapore to attend the funeral of Singapore’s former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew.

Due to the urgency of the problem, Minister Prajin changed his mind and decided to join the meeting at the ministry this afternoon to discuss the problem.

Meanwhile, Thai ambassador to Japan Mr Sihasak Puangkatekaew was also instructed by the foreign minister to discuss the matter with the Japanese Foreign Ministry.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/transport-minister-fears-domino-effect-from-japans-ban-on-thai-chartered-flights

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-30

AVIATION
PM promises fast ending to aviation hurdle

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that he had discussions with Japan and South Korea's leaders on the countries' ban of new flights from Thailand.

They promised to take into consideration Thailand’s plea, he said.

He called for understanding from the Thai public, saying that the problem has been existing for a long time. He also promised to fix the problem as soon as possible as well as brainstorm for relief measures for affected businesses.

In an audit, the International Civil Aviation Organisation stressed safety concerns on airlines operating from Thailand. Reacting to these concerns, Japan and South Korea ban chartered flights and new scheduled flights from Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PM-promises-fast-ending-to-aviation-hurdle-30257049.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-30

Concerns should be expressed about Transport Minister Prajin Juntong's management, and nice of him to change his mind and join the meeting at the ministry to discuss the problem.

There will be a domino- effect.

Yet another long existing problem to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

....being paid from 5 months .......to 2 years annual salary bonuses.....for doing the least possible....

...how long did Thai Airways and AOT expect this charade to last....

...it already lasted too long....

Dear General/PM, I have 42 years Airline/Aircraft Maintenance Experience and have associates with Flight Operation and Regulatory Compliance and are able to help with this crisis.

Let me know !!

which airplane di you maintain before 40 years ?

can you still do 10 stairs without elevator?

how are your ears ?

Dear General/PM, I have 42 years Airline/Aircraft Maintenance Experience and have associates with Flight Operation and Regulatory Compliance and are able to help with this crisis.

Let me know !!

which airlanes did you service before 42 years ?

germanwings were not introduced at this time !!

He called for understanding from the Thai public, saying that the problem has been existing for a long time

yes, just like flooding, the problem has existed for a long time...and just like human trafficking, the problem has existed for a long time...and just like corruption, the problem has existed for a long time...this is just an endless list (antiquated railway system, Bangkok submerging, traffic, education)

They all know the problems have existed for a long time, being warned time and again by national and international organizations and institutions, being downgraded year after year - and nothing is done, no planning, no action, just grunting at the trough. Now, the current government gets slapped in the face with their aviation system being at risk, and although Prayuth inherited these problems and did not create or procrastinate them, he needs to put the lottery problem aside and deal now. Good luck (and don't blame anyone for a change, blame the Thai political mindset)

ask the BIG BOSS in Dubai,

maybee they can service the plains there ??

he have also the peanuts to cover expenses

Concerns should be expressed about Transport Minister Prajin Juntong's management, and nice of him to change his mind and join the meeting at the ministry to discuss the problem.

There will be a domino- effect.

Yet another long existing problem to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

THEre will be no domino effect !

He already announced they will catch - jail the " Domino Effect ""

How you do this ?

with bird catching nets !!!

You will make the nets so strong, that you can catch the airplanes on the boarder, and continou transport with Thai-save minivans :-)))

How come the Thais only react when the holy $ is at stake??

Never mind the boat slaves, never mind flight safety.

OMG!! The cashflow is threatened............Somchai we have to do something now!!

• Like 1

Thailand admits 'urgent' need to improve aviation safety

BANGKOK: -- Thailand admitted Monday it "urgently" needs to improve airline safety procedures as several carriers face bans on new international flights after a UN aviation agency raised concerns.

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a United Nations body, reported "significant safety concerns" to Thailand's Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) after an audit earlier in the year.

In response Japan last week blocked new flights from Thailand in a move affecting charter services by budget carriers Thai AirAsia X and NokScoot as well as Asia Atlantic Airlines, the DCA said, adding existing flights would not be impacted.

Flag carrier Thai Airways, in a statement on its Facebook page Saturday, said two charter flights scheduled to depart for Japan next month had been affected.

Transport Minister Prajin Juntong said Thailand must quickly improve airline safety.

"The ICAO has warned us since 2005 about our aviation management and asked us to improve our systems," he told reporters Monday.

"I understand we have to improve urgently."

The DCA did not give details of the UN body's concerns but said it would provide new training for its staff and increase airline inspections as part of its overhaul.

The ICAO headquarters in Montreal could not immediately be reached for comment.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2015-03-30

The last time I got on a Thai operated aircraft I looked out of my window seat at a section of the wing which had a sticker clearly saying "NO STEP". Right next to that in the area the sticker was referring to was a clear boot print. I have avoided flying on any of their carriers internationally or domestically for that and other reasons, but all related to safety concerns!

• Like 1

Let me know !!

Ha ha - you then will be the last person they'll want help from - it's the Civil Aviation Authority who have it wrong. Can't possibly be a Thai error!

"The ICAO has warned us since 2005 about our aviation management and asked us to improve our systems," he told reporters Monday.

Since 2005!!! They've been getting warnings for the last 10 years! OMG. How come us, the public, are only getting to know about this now?

The last time I got on a Thai operated aircraft I looked out of my window seat at a section of the wing which had a sticker clearly saying "NO STEP". Right next to that in the area the sticker was referring to was a clear boot print. I have avoided flying on any of their carriers internationally or domestically for that and other reasons, but all related to safety concerns!

second that - I am not ready to risk my life on a thai operated plane as these people rather save 5 satang than human life. just look at how they operate bus, trains, cars, bikes and its not diff with planes - pure recklessness

Well, as a media guy I’m not a fan of “Thai journalism” at all. However, the headline:

Japan's chartered flight ban from Thailand is hurting tourism business”

must be the result of the leftover sense of a brainwashed conformist. Everyone with an IQ higher than room temperature knows what is hurting the tourism business in this case:

It’s the lack of the Thai airline industry and air traffic control to act in accordance with international safety standards!