Leo beer in Khon Kaen

patongphil

Anybody know what's going on with the supply of large Leo bottles in KKC. Just come from Lotus and Makro and both Mai me. Local momma and poppa shop reluctantly sold me 1 box only. Tried a box of Chang and not at all impressed so have had to resort to Tiger until the supply of the best beer resumes.

Didn't the price rise due to some new inventive tax?

Smart Thais knowing in advance (compared to us dump farangs) emptied the shelfs?

Reminds me of the big alcohol tax rise (was it in 2013?).

Shelfs at Tesco empty for weeks!

• Like 1

Didn't the price rise due to some new inventive tax?

Smart Thais knowing in advance (compared to us dump farangs) emptied the shelfs?

Reminds me of the big alcohol tax rise (was it in 2013?).

Shelfs at Tesco empty for weeks!

Yes the price has risen !.....I went to Tesco yesterday and the carton price has risen by 74 baht. ..... I thought it was just the normal mark up leading toward Song khram.?

Edited by ib1b4

No (more) shortage today, First day I went to buy after the new tax.

At Makro:

LEO 584

Chang Classic 555

Singha 597

At my mom&pop shop 580 for LEO.

When I came to Thailand four years ago LEO was 465 Baht.

25 % rise.

Heck with Leo and Chang. I'm looking for the best beer in Thailand- Beer Lao, both dark and/or regular Lager. Used to have it at the Aussie deli place on Beung Kaen Nakorn, but it has been closed for the past year. I did find it once in Tops but no longer. How come Khon Kaen only 2 hours drive from Laos, and no Lao beer? Can get it quite easily in Bangkok, particularly Soi Cowboy.

Still looking for AMARIT BEER..

whistling.gif

+1 on Amarit. A great beer and sadly missed. I used to have an Aussie mate who knew the German brewer who made Amarit and Kloster. He used to produce his own special brew and he and my friend, who was working at the brewery used to relax after work with a few bottles.

Now, enjoy Beer Lao, when I can get it, both Dark and Lager. Unfortunately no longer in Khon Kaen. Or is it? Please anyone know where to get it in KK? Have to go to Bangkok- Soi Cowboy and Sukhumvit area.