Suggestions for selling old furniture in Chiang Mai

konisaan

I have a few items to sell. I would know how to get rid of these back home but not sure the best way to do it here.

Are there dealers in Chiang Mai who come to your home and take the furniture away? I realise this will fetch the lowest price but it's a quick and easy solution. I don't live near the condo so it would be a hassle to make appointments with people if I sold it over classifieds.

Anyone care to guess how much this stuff is worth? The TV cabinet is marked in places but sturdy and functional. The Sofa and armchair with matching footstool look a little tired but are not stained or torn.

If they are worth next to nothing then perhaps there is a charity that comes to collect?

post-226567-0-13913800-1427787205_thumb.

post-226567-0-54691500-1427787233_thumb.

post-226567-0-36279800-1427787207_thumb.

They are worth something but not a great deal and if you don't want the hassel of meeting people for some hundreds of baht. I would either ask the condo security / cleaners if they want them ( they are guaranteed to be low earners) or take them out on the roadside with a sign "for free" in thai and they will be gone within the hour. Most probably picked up by poor people who will feel very lucky.

• Like 1

Not being rude mate but that's giveaway stuff. Maybe a carton of beer for the lot.

Thanks for being frank.

No I'm kris.

I'll give you 99 baht for the electric blue sateen sheets?

Edited by krisb

Not being rude mate but that's giveaway stuff. Maybe a carton of beer for the lot.

Thanks for being frank.

No I'm kris.

I'll give you 99 baht for the electric blue sateen sheets?

555, quite the eyesore alongside pale green furniture. Now used to cover the outdoor furniture during extended absences.