Thai editorial: Aviation ban a blessing in disguise

webfact

The reason budget? get real real reason is stupid people running the operation. Also Thai airways flies into LAX on the west only Because SFO requires safety checks on all aircraft landing there by certified personnel. And the reason behind standard safety checks is because of all the missile silos weapons depot military bases east and south of SFO and the bay being only place to crash land ,The ocean has about 35 mile strip of land to cross before reaching ocean. Thai Airways couldn't pass a standard safety test thus would be grounded on the spot.

• Like 1

The reason budget? get real real reason is stupid people running the operation. Also Thai airways flies into LAX on the west only Because SFO requires safety checks on all aircraft landing there by certified personnel. And the reason behind standard safety checks is because of all the missile silos weapons depot military bases east and south of SFO and the bay being only place to crash land ,The ocean has about 35 mile strip of land to cross before reaching ocean. Thai Airways couldn't pass a standard safety test thus would be grounded on the spot.

I would have to disagree with you.

Not stupid people. Greed would be the reason I think. And top that with the officials feeling they are beyond reproach and the gov turning a blind eye to their operational structures. Then top it off with poor planning.

The headline is interesting though. It should read a kick in the a--- from other countries aid in motivating the Thai airline industry.

• Like 2

"Why did the country's administration let things get so bad in the first place, and why has nobody looked into the matter?"

The most ridiculous rhetorical question I've seen in some time, in a fairly decent news article. blink.png

I would answer, but even the dimmest of reporters can answer this one. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Finally Thailand realizes that there is another big world out there a trillion times more powerful with global rules and regulations they have to abide by.

Keep up the good work boys, you may even become part of the family.

• Like 2

The Aviation Industry has itself to blame, I assume they are fully aware of their own short-comings as for transport in general from cars to airplanes there is a distinct lack of enforcement/checks or even action to deal with the vast problems besetting Thailand, this might just wake up some, hopefully.

• Like 1

The ICAO's alert on safety measures has exposed structural weakness in Thailand's Civil Aviation Department, which somehow escaped the eyes of previous administrations.

"somehow escaped"...whistling.gif

I just somehow spilled my coffee cheesy.gif

when they start crashing cuz wings are falling off on landing you can be sure that someone in the thai goverment will be heard saying "BETTER CALL SAUL".....:-)

The ICAO's alert on safety measures has exposed structural weakness in Thailand's Civil Aviation Department, which somehow escaped the eyes of previous administrations.

"somehow escaped"...whistling.gif

I just somehow spilled my coffee cheesy.gif

Apparently it had slipped down the back of the sofa.

Yet more news that will circulate around the world and show what a pitiful state Thailand is in due to on-going corruption and ineptness.

I for one would avoid any Thai carrier like the plague and considering the number of lost and downed planes of late who in their right mind would book a flight with an airline which is allowed to flout international safety standards because the gov and their departments couldn't give a rats a*** about safety ... as long as that money keeps rolling in and jobs can be awarded to incompetent family members and connected friends who cares.

Maybe it's time all countries banned Thai carriers until they are able to conform to international standards.

• Like 1

An excellent article from The Nation with the facts all there for the world to see, and due to inaction over several years the final cost to remedy the problems within the aviation industry will now be so much greater.

This has now become a huge task to modernize and improve both the national carrier and the bureaucratic agencies responsible for the industry. Like most countries the national carrier can be seen as a symbol of pride, in a small way it can be representative of a nations identity around the world, but like other national carriers (QANTAS immediately springs to mind) they have been left behind by the other, more commercially adept and savvy smaller operators.

It may just be the routes that I have traveled but the aircraft, airport staff and cabin crews look tired, the indifferent lack of investment and leadership has had an effect on moral with their being no real direction to where they are headed, there is an endemic sense of pessimism which is quite off putting, where I have a choice I normally go with another carrier, am I alone?

At least the Royal Thai aircrew still perform their duties diligently, unlike QANTAS they don't have an arrogant and skewed idea of why they are there, that in itself is a good thing.

If it can be seen as acceptable I fear some foreign help may be required to turn this industry and company around, the aviation industry as a whole is incredibly specialized and unique, only people with real knowledge and a proven track record can instigate the required changes. They may be hard to find, or impossible to employ, but change is required and required soon, time is not on anyone's side...

Edited by Bignose
  • Like 1

Finally Thailand realizes that there is another big world out there a trillion times more powerful with global rules and regulations they have to abide by.

Believe me when i say that they are not interested in becoming 'part of the global family'. They are perfectly happy being the dis-organised, corrupt, xenophobic bunch of low IQ delinquent's that they are !

• Like 2

Believe me when i say that they are not interested in becoming 'part of the global family'. They are perfectly happy being the dis-organised, corrupt, xenophobic bunch of low IQ delinquent's that they are !

Or to re-phrase this in a more diplomatic way.... you foreigners simply do not understand the superior Thai way of doing things....so you should stop making us look bad.

• Like 1

Airline Safety Board: "We have been informed that your airline seldom does routine safety inspections on your aircraft"

Thai Airlines Spokesperson: "That's just not true. We routinely conduct safety inspections. As a matter of fact, we're due to conduct our next routine safety inspections in 2020" "Hey... Why are you looking at me like I'm crazy? "