Four-day shutdown for Thai postal service

Thaivisa News

They don't do much when they're open, so it shouldn't be much different when they're closed.

Plus, they don't police their mail carriers well. More than a few stories of missing/stolen mail, particularly when a carrier can feel a plastic card in the envelope. Even if a carrier is caught stealing, it's usually not more than a rebuke, and then he's back to work the next day.

"More than a few stories ..." The Farang Fantasy Factory churns out stories 24/7.

In more than a decade I've never had anything go missing whether things I've sent or things sent to me. And that includes credit cards sent from home, and over 300 fairly pricey things sold or bought on eBay, other things bought online or sent by friends as well as loads of books from UK or US.

Their EMS service is excellent whether domestic or international, but even standard mail services work a lot better than in some of the alleged first world countries including the US.

See post #5 for some details.

Yes, I've had most things delivered, and (I assume) most things posted to me have been rec'd. However, 'most' is not good enough. And I've more than a few stories of others getting things stolen or never delivered by RT Postal Service.

Here's a comparison. Suppose we both went to the same restaurant often, individually. Over a year period, I suffered the runs twice (from the food there), but over that time you didn't get sick from eating the food there. Would you say the complaining person is full of crap (figuratively)? No, the person who didn't get sick was lucky, but because some others got sick from the food, it can be deduced that the food from that place is sometimes contaminated.