MOTO-GP 2015 First Race

I think I held my breath for the last 2 laps. One of the great Rossi battles on the books again.

The finish is right up there with the 2009 Rossi vs Lorenzo at Cataluna or Rossi vs Stoner at Laguna Seca.

Real highlight material in this latest race.

The TV production has come a long way in motorbike racing. Really good now. With all the remote cameras, great announcers, great directing, shots of the pit crew going nuts, the personalities of the top riders and the drama with Marques, Lorenzo, Rossi battling for the championship these last several years.

It's the most exciting sport on TV these days.

• Like 2

I think I held my breath for the last 2 laps. One of the great Rossi battles on the books again.

The finish is right up there with the 2009 Rossi vs Lorenzo at Cataluna or Rossi vs Stoner at Laguna Seca.

Real highlight material in this latest race.

The TV production has come a long way in motorbike racing. Really good now. With all the remote cameras, great announcers, great directing, shots of the pit crew going nuts, the personalities of the top riders and the drama with Marques, Lorenzo, Rossi battling for the championship these last several years.

It's the most exciting sport on TV these days.

Yep,for sure was a great MGP..and as you say the production for at home enthusiasts viewing is amazing,,,,Rossi is in great form [still] and will be taking it to the new young guns for a fair while longer....The Ducs ,at least in this race were really on form and their acceleration down the straights was ahead of the other makes, a lot of developement catch-up to do from the others before next races....Marques was really unlucky this race..he is a very good rider,but mistakes can and do happen on track to the best of them...next race will show the real trend for the rest of the season IMO...It is 2nd most exiting sport on TV in my eyes..2nd only tho' to MMA...Thats just my take, but the two of them are very watchable at all times..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next race is Sunday afternoon in the USA.

Anybody out there know when the qualifying and race will be broadcast here?

Marquez on the pole and Ducati, again on the front row!

Potential for some real drama this year, now that Yamaha & Honda have to deal with Ducati. Nice.

You KNOW Rossi does not want to be beaten by the Ducati. I expect to see some great clashes between the two.

This weekend I expect Marquez to get out front and not look back. The great battle will be for second place.

Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez claimed his 23rd MotoGP™ pole position in Austin, after stopping on track with just 3 minutes to go on Austin.

The reigning MotoGP™ World Champion had to run down the pit lane to retrieve his second bike with only seconds to spare as the clock ticked down on Q2. Not even this could stop the Spaniard as he went on to set the fastest ever time on two-wheels around CoTA, a 2’02.135, over sixth-tenths quicker than his previous lap record set in Qualifying last year.

Marquez finished ahead of Andrea Dovizioso (+0.339s ) on the Ducati Team GP15, and Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo (+0.405s) who completed the front row.

Lorenzo's teammate Valentino Rossi (+0.428s) will start from the front of the second row, with the Brits Cal Crutchlow (+0.478s) and Scott Redding (+0.539s) on their Factory spec Honda’s in 5th and 6th respectively.

Edited by seedy
font

watched the video and 20 min later is was blocked

Yes great start to the season & I think folks like Crutchlow & Redding have yet to show what

may be possible there too.

On the streaming keep looking as there are a few good sites

Also if you should miss as I may on this USA pass due to the air times

DailyMotion always has HD replays soon after

Anyone see Marquez's last lap pole run? What a ride, on the ragged edge in places…awesome to watch biggrin.png

When he puts the hammer down few can match the sheer bravado & that is his biggest edge as they ( the top tier) all have the skill

& are usually much less than a second apart.

But he lets it all hang out.

Is it his youth or his lack of any really serious injuries yet? Hard to say but time will tell.

Till then he is basically a multi world champ in the making. Possibly a all time record breaker of the near future

not that he has not already smashed quite a few wink.png

Edited by mania

Marquez was an amazing .5 seconds ahead of the pack so it looks like he will run away and the battle will be for 2nd & 3rd place again this week.

While it is highly probable MM will win I would not put too much $$

on him running away because he has pole.

Like Rossi never Qualifies well MM never really starts all that well.

My guess is he is swamped into 1st turn then moves thru it to the front

Will be exciting but this like the USA round is on very late here so will probably catch the reply tomorrow morning ;)